Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    So ... victim blaming. It's not the males fault at all.

Bullshit.
    Never said it wasn't the males fault at all, I was saying the woman wasn't blameless in this as you are implying by calling it victim blaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    So... continuing to deny reality of social interactions.......
    well, until women can be mind readers, I'd love to know how to differentiate between a man buying because he's interested, and a man buying for celebratory purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Again, your notion that men have a "ridiculous unfair" advantage just isn't true overall in western society. Men holding 80% of the political power only benefits those very few men who are actually employed as politicians. Its not like they have meetings about how they can make other guys rich and not women. Same thing with CEO's who are mostly males, that is a very very small segment of the population. The vast majority of all males or females will never have a chance to be a CEO even if the ratio was 50:50, thus the vast majority will never have been held down by the CEO gender glass ceiling. Also the points in the article that were valid are in non-western countries, nobody is arguing that its much better to be a man in China, India, or Muslim majority countries. Most of the people on this board live in the West.
    If you genuinely think gender equality has been achieved I really can't bother with the time to convince you of reality mate.

So ... victim blaming.
    I guess in this case being a victim is having a long island ice tea being paid for you and then having the buyer trying to talk to you

And who are you to define social interactions? I was told as a child to never to turn down a free gift.
    You were also told never to take candy from strangers. But nice try to misconstrue the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    well, until women can be mind readers, I'd love to know how to differentiate between a man buying because he's interested, and a man buying for celebratory purposes.
    Come on, you're smarter than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said it wasn't the males fault at all, I was saying the woman wasn't blameless in this as you are implying by calling it victim blaming.
    It's cause and effect. You can't have the effect without the cause. If the man doesn't buy the drink, the woman can't accept it for free. Your problem is that your cause isn't creating the desired effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems pretty obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Come on, you're smarter than that.
    Which is why I dont accept free stuff from guys except the 2 times where the waiter offered it himself because "Its Belize time!"

Easy enough, if she isn't involved in the celebration or know the guy giving the drink, it is because he is interested, anything else would be just ignorance of social graces on her part.

10+ Year Old Account
    You were also told never to take candy from strangers. But nice try to misconstrue the situation.
    I had terrible parents. So no. Free shit was all the rage in my house.

I can't be the only one happy with the traditional way of doing things. Everyone knows what to do. Why change things and confuse people?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    It seems pretty obvious.
    Didnt know a guy was interested in me until he decided to just kiss me out of thin air. so yes, I am oblivious to men's intricacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see that no one addressed my issue from the first page. Not shocked, really.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account

I guess in this case being a victim is having a long island ice tea being paid for you and then having the buyer trying to talk to you
    No, the "being a victim" part is being expected to hold up your part of some predetermined "social interaction" because a man spent money on a beverage. You're just mad she turned the tables.

It's cause and effect. You can't have the effect without the cause. If the man doesn't buy the drink, the woman can't accept it for free. Your problem is that your cause isn't creating the desired effect.
    And if Smith and Wesson never made a gun then they couldn't be used to shoot people......

The guy initiated the interaction and she implied reciprocation when she accepted. You can't be so dense you don't understand that fact. She isn't blameless and girls with any experience or intelligence knows what taking it implies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    I see that no one addressed my issue from the first page. Not shocked, really.
    The answer is societal roles that span thousands of year

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer is societal roles that span thousands of year
    Men dont deserve to be exploited financially any more than women physically.

even if I pay there's no guarantee she'll sleep with me - so in that comparison it actually falls short lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt know a guy was interested in me until he decided to just kiss me out of thin air. so yes, I am oblivious to men's intricacy.
    Random guy approaches and buys you a drink is almost as obvious as a peacock strutting.

Here watch this

No, the "being a victim" part is being expected to hold up your part of some predetermined "social interaction" because a man spent money on a beverage. You're just mad she turned the tables.
    That isn't being the victim, that is just being a bitch rather than doing the right thing and just declining the drink. If you know what it implies, then you know how to react to it.