Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tacosarecool View Post
    well i been destro for all of mop and now my dps cant even get up to 5k unless im aoeing, before 6.0 i was doing 158k-185k on average and burst dps up to 270k but now its crap. do i need to switch to demo now?
    Destro really only succeeds with Havoc and SB now, ST / moving they're in the toilet. So don't get discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Demo is very solid at 90 and especially at 100 with Demonbolt. The multidotting Dooms + Corruptions is insane, pulled 21.7k on Mythic Garrosh last night and had 19 Imps going into Phase 4. Very, very stupid.
    i was in flex last night and dps was low and the other warlock told me to go demo, ugh hate the idea of learning new spec at the end of a xpac but oh well my lock is 536ilvl the other one had cloak have was 550 was doing about 10k dps
    Last edited by tacosarecool; 2014-10-16 at 01:30 PM.
    ''i'm not drunk, i'm Scottish''

I was gonna post this in the 6.0 thread but I think it fits better here:

I just went into a Flex Paragon run (Current Normal) to make my armory more pretty @green bars, and I played very bad:

Did not keep Curse of Doom up (whatever, they were melting anyway).
    My pet died three times, each one costed about 3.5seg of nothing. At first I thought: "What?! There's some kind of avoidance bug??", summoned him and was paying attention until it happened again, at the third time I remembered that I kept threat/taunt on, but it was too late already :P
    Managed procs poorly and had Mannoroths instead of AD and I did not even used it.
    My only cleave was some dooms and HoG/CW.

After the fight ended I was looking through the dps and I was first with 17k, the second was a warlock in full mythic with 16.5k and the third a shaman with 16.2k, I was like: "Oh my god, how is this even possible. Maybe everyone was as lost as I was, that's the only explanation"

579ilvl

On the other hand, as afflic on Shamans this week I did 24k with both of them being tanked downstairs, and there are people saying destro is still good as always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I was gonna post this in the 6.0 thread but I think it fits better here:

I just went into a Flex Paragon run (Current Normal) to make my armory more pretty @green bars, and I played very bad:

Did not keep Curse of Doom up (whatever, they were melting anyway).
    My pet died three times, each one costed about 3.5seg of nothing. At first I thought: "What?! There's some kind of avoidance bug??", summoned him and was paying attention until it happened again, at the third time I remembered that I kept threat/taunt on, but it was too late already :P
    Managed procs poorly and had Mannoroths instead of AD and I did not even used it.
    My only cleave was some dooms and HoG/CW.

After the fight ended I was looking through the dps and I was first with 17k, the second was a warlock in full mythic with 16.5k and the third a shaman with 16.2k, I was like: "Oh my god, how is this even possible. Maybe everyone was as lost as I was, that's the only explanation"

579ilvl

On the other hand, as afflic on Shamans this week I did 24k with both of them being tanked downstairs, and there are people saying destro is still good as always.
    Demo is solid on all aspects of SoO atm, I've been simming and changing things with my gems ad talents and it seems to be working the best over Aff / Destro.

Demo is solid on all aspects of SoO atm, I've been simming and changing things with my gems ad talents and it seems to be working the best over Aff / Destro.
    where the best place to learn about demo now?

Yeah, I said/thought the same. I even mentioned it on 6.0 afflic guide.
    Sure there's some room for the other specs, specially if the fight seems designed for it (like Protectors and Shamans are for afflic, if you're not the only one AoEing the shit out of things with demon) but demon is good for everything you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woz wrote a solid guide on Warlock forums on MMO Champion, a lot of top end Warlocks put a ton of feedback in there including myself.

Woz's Demonology Guide 6.0

@tacosarecool

There's a great guide here from Woz. I suggest you do as I did and join a few SoO on the group finder after giving it a look.

10+ Year Old Account
    And again if you have anymore questions / comments don't be shy to post on any of the corresponding threads and I'm sure we will answer them as solid and as quick as possible.

im lost on the guide what Glyphs do i use?

im lost on the guide what Glyphs do i use?
    For 6.0.2 nothing is really mandatory though siphon life is obviously very nice. There is some debate on imp swarm. I'm not using and I'm doing just fine. Santo is using it and he's doing just fine.

In t17, glyph of dark soul (WoD only glyph, you can't pick it up yet), will be king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    For 6.0.2 nothing is really mandatory though siphon life is obviously very nice. There is some debate on imp swarm. I'm not using and I'm doing just fine. Santo is using it and he's doing just fine.

In t17, glyph of dark soul (WoD only glyph, you can't pick it up yet), will be king.
    This, Imp Swarm glyph is a burst gain but an overall loss, so it's hard to pinpoint if it'll be a DPS increase for you because it depends on external factors.

I will also mention that siphon life seems to be bugged currently. I will report it when I get home tonight, but if others could do the same, that'd be greeeeeeeeeaaaaaat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    I will also mention that siphon life seems to be bugged currently. I will report it when I get home tonight, but if others could do the same, that'd be greeeeeeeeeaaaaaat.
    Posting from college so I'm out. But I also use Soul Consumption glyph in almost all situations, it's too strong.

Demo is very solid at 90 and especially at 100 with Demonbolt. The multidotting Dooms + Corruptions is insane, pulled 21.7k on Mythic Garrosh last night and had 19 Imps going into Phase 4. Very, very stupid.
    Doom on all Weps and the kited adds FTW!

Actually looking at the change log, it may have been modified and just needs to be reapplied. I'll check it tonight. I could swear it was showing up on my UI though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Doom on all Weps and the kited adds FTW!
    Yes sir! Hoping it's not a bug that the Imps come with me in P4 regardless of when the Dooms tick in the main room of Garrosh.

This, Imp Swarm glyph is a burst gain but an overall loss, so it's hard to pinpoint if it'll be a DPS increase for you because it depends on external factors.
    With how fast the first 13 bosses are dropping in Mythic right now (2:19 Siegecrafter, 1:56 Nazgrim, what?!) the glyph would almost always be a DPS increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    With how fast the first 13 bosses are dropping in Mythic right now (2:19 Siegecrafter, 1:56 Nazgrim, what?!) the glyph would almost always be a DPS increase.
    My guild still kills the bosses correctly and I'm 587, for example tank Shamans apart. As well as some guilds aren't uber geared.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Yeah, I am actually very shocked with the kill times I have seen on many bosses. Time to give Glyph of Life Pact a more serious look I think. Looking at some of these Parses LT is only being used once or twice, however for the life of me I can not figure out how to show Resources Used to see how much total mana was needed. Saving one or two globals may not be worth the hassle or risk, but its still a gain if we can go the distance.