Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eetabee View Post
    To answer your question Drunkenvalley: Blood Boil on two of them, then take two steps towards the third and Blood Boil again. If that fails, grip/taunt the stray.
    I'm sure he's not that incompetent to be able to get 3. So I'm going under the assumption that he's at least that intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I had a single question, Resurgo. A single question that I asked as politely as I could. And you chose to be flippant, arrogant and ridiculing. And actively refusing to even acknowledge the question, marking yourself with great hypocrisy at your initial flippantry.

Good job, you're making us DKs real proud I tell you.
    Where I think Drunkenvalley is blind, is that I've been saying this whole time... KITE ADDS
    I'm not advocating to kite them to avoid being hit.
    I'm not advocating that kiting them is holding aggro.

What I'm saying is you Kite so you can drag a whole disease bearing plague to help spread more diseases on the eventual 9 other adds that will appear.
    If you blood boil one add that has a disease, your pestilence will spread it around to anything that doesn't have it.
    Necrotic Plague would make it even more mind numbingly easy because it autospreads itself around for that fight.

While you're kiting and in motion, you've got potential ranged aggro that can get initial aggro simply by just running by.

Once they've all spawned, you simply stand in front of your choice of suppression field, AMS, go in suppression field, and Gorefiends everything right on top of you to kill all 12 at once.

-edit:
    Where have I ever inferred that they're headed in one direction?
    You kite so you can cover a large swath of area. They might be here, there, picking flowers, who knows. You kite so you can be in motion to grab any potential stray while keeping a train of adds chasing along behind you.
    Last edited by Resurgo; 2014-12-19 at 10:56 PM.

I mean... its not really hard to grab them. Run in a circle constantly blood boiling and the 1 that generally doesn't spawn close enough to Blood Boil should be taunted or DG as it spawns and its never an issue. Seeing as the time between spawns is enough to just taunt every time its a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    -edit:
    Where have I ever inferred that they're headed in one direction?
    You kite so you can cover a large swath of area. They might be here, there, picking flowers, who knows. You kite so you can be in motion to grab any potential stray while keeping a train of adds chasing along behind you.
    Oh, I thought you were being pretty explicit about that here is all:

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    At worst, the new adds no matter where they spawn will most likely be fixated on your healers,
    But I might just be reading into that too much. Point I was getting at is I've had to spend most of my time running the fuck around trying to gather up stray adds because they've been absolutely all over the place, and I was curious if there was just something obvious I'd missed in making this simpler on my heart.

Oh, I thought you were being pretty explicit about that here is all:
    But I might just be reading into that too much. Point I was getting at is I've had to spend most of my time running the fuck around trying to gather up stray adds because they've been absolutely all over the place, and I was curious if there was just something obvious I'd missed in making this simpler on my heart.
    Grip, Gorefiend, Defile, Blight... So many blood boils its hard to use them all. We have so many ways to snag adds. Even Boil Glyph to get more range. Your healers should stay fairly close to you. But Overall you shouldn't have much trouble getting adds. I destroy meters with my AoE, Healers cant even touch me on threat. And every add that spawns I have SOMETHING to get them with.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

I was pretty explicit about kiting, but you can't seem to comprehend that?
    I use the words "at worst" and "likely" and you take that to be concrete?

At this point, I honestly wonder if somehow there's some different form of the English language out there because I'm sure we're both sitting at opposite ends of our computers and wondering why one can't figure out the other.

I'm sorry guys, but it seems you've fundamentally misunderstood where I was coming from. And that isn't on you. That is on me.

I do kite them for one, Resurgo. That has not been a problem. Neither has threat been a problem. I've just been really frustrated keeping up with the adds and getting them stacked, and we have a lot of mess going around because I run all over the darn place collecting the adds. Ultimately, I was just curious if there was a simpler method to collecting them that I was just missing, but it ultimately just sounds like I've got to get more rust off after my two years absence.

Adds are figuratively killing me in general, and I'm probably just not back in the groove of getting the hitboxes right. Big add on Tectus for example when he decides to spawn in a blind spot and promptly walks through Tectus, and I've more than once accidentally and hurriedly taunted Tectus because I misclicked the add. Similar problem on Brackenspore occasionally.

To explain, I've been away for... two years? Left early Cata, just before Firelands dropped. I played like a day of MoP and then fucked off. And I've been really off my game to start with before I've had to deal with being the designated guild offtank in a guild that apparently had 4 offtanks the week before I joined. I don't even.

I do kite them for one, Resurgo. That has not been a problem. Neither has threat been a problem. I've just been really frustrated keeping up with the adds and getting them stacked, and we have a lot of mess going around because I run all over the darn place collecting the adds. Ultimately, I was just curious if there was a simpler method to collecting them that I was just missing, but it ultimately just sounds like I've got to get more rust off after my two years absence.
    I am trying to figure out where the disconnect is.

Is it then, that you're overly worried about having them "stacked"?

When the adds are popping up randomly, there's no time to worried about whether or not they're "stacked". So long as they're chasing you, that's enough. It's when you're ready to pull them all into a suppression field that's the only time you'd worry about stacking them. In that case, by then, they'd be relatively close enough to gorefiends on top of you in a suppression field.

What I know is that the adds on this fight have been our raid's weakest link. Sometimes there's a stray, and I'm spending time trying to frigging find the guy in all the flashy effects going on. Sometimes there's rumbling after the raid that the adds dealt a lot of damage 'cause they weren't doing in the voidzones (this one being dps not focusing down the adds correctly though, but still). Etc. And it's all a massive clusterfuck that I'd really like to find a simpler solution to dealing with.

These adds right now are what's been really nagging me. The strays just seem to elude me every so often. I don't know, maybe I've just not been in the right place when doing the fight. I've loved being back in WoW for a while now, but it's pretty apparent by some of my co-raiders that something's off with my focus.

Deleted
    I'm sorry guys, but it seems you've fundamentally misunderstood where I was coming from. And that isn't on you. That is on me.

Adds are figuratively killing me in general, and I'm probably just not back in the groove of getting the hitboxes right. Big add on Tectus for example when he decides to spawn in a blind spot and promptly walks through Tectus, and I've more than once accidentally and hurriedly taunted Tectus because I misclicked the add. Similar problem on Brackenspore occasionally.

To explain, I've been away for... two years? Left early Cata, just before Firelands dropped. I played like a day of MoP and then fucked off. And I've been really off my game to start with before I've had to deal with being the designated guild offtank in a guild that apparently had 4 offtanks the week before I joined. I don't even.
    Just make sure your healers are close to you, and the DPS doesn't touch them. That way they should always go to you / your healers and you can pick them up easily. Don't have your healers all across the room during that phase because as someone already stated, they will have healing aggro

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well for Ko'ragh pretty much everybody should be tunneling the boss during his build up anyway. Adds have pathetic low HP and will die if people touch them at all.

I simply run around in a circle to collect first 6, and on the final spawn I pick up the two close ones, grip the far one and then run into a suppression field with AMS up. Mass grip from there on out, and DPS switches and kills them in all of 4-5 seconds. Throw an AoE stun down after the grip, druids can put a safety vortex in there as well, then proceed to tank Ko'ragh again.

Deleted
    Thank god, finally Margok mythic down. Blood DKs insanely strong on the adds in the mythic-only phase but other than that Im not very satisfied with our squishiness

What I know is that the adds on this fight have been our raid's weakest link. Sometimes there's a stray, and I'm spending time trying to frigging find the guy in all the flashy effects going on. Sometimes there's rumbling after the raid that the adds dealt a lot of damage 'cause they weren't doing in the voidzones (this one being dps not focusing down the adds correctly though, but still). Etc. And it's all a massive clusterfuck that I'd really like to find a simpler solution to dealing with.

These adds right now are what's been really nagging me. The strays just seem to elude me every so often. I don't know, maybe I've just not been in the right place when doing the fight. I've loved being back in WoW for a while now, but it's pretty apparent by some of my co-raiders that something's off with my focus.
    If adds are on dps, then it's their fault, plain and simple.
    Multiple people now have said it. Everyone dps boss. You can round up the adds in the meantime. We keep the healers just behind the suppression fields, so even if they have healing aggro, they have the cushion of both a tank on its way or the suppression field as a buffer. Strays are going to happen here and there because rng on where they pop is rng. But that's where you have to up your game/skill and get them all. You're a DK, so your mobility might be crap, but you've got more than enough tools to either turn their attention to you or bring them to you.

Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post
    Thank god, finally Margok mythic down. Blood DKs insanely strong on the adds in the mythic-only phase but other than that Im not very satisfied with our squishiness
    I mean you really don't need to tank or shouldnt blood DK is really there for dps only tank cuz its more dmg than a dps spec.

Also, butcher is a joke... Don't even need an external for mythic just well timed DS and proper rotation of CDs is easy. Sadly we wiped below 100k 4 times and at 20.8k and had to end it people had to leave...

Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post
    Grats on your kill . Kind of don't completely agree on the squishiness however, as with my own experience on the fight I think it's okay (reavers are way way way easier then I expected for instance), but I don't think it's worth debating about; I suspect we both saw the same things but just have a different interpretation.

Kinda sad about the direction of this thread in the last day (the whole Ko'ragh arguement), you guys didn't understand what each other meant initially and it kind of got out of control from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I mean you really don't need to tank or shouldnt blood DK is really there for dps only tank cuz its more dmg than a dps spec.
    I don't really have that option sadly as I get aggro on everything 100% of the time, and our warrior sometimes has some issues staying alive on Mar'gok even when I do the adds for him, so I kind of have to tank everything. Still carry 'padding' (aoe) damage, so it's still okayish. Sucks

Personal whining: I've had insane lag for the last few weeks for half the raid night, so that really makes me fucking mad every single night. Just came off 2 hours of just constant 2-3 second freezes on Mar'gok progression and I want to murder my ISP right now. I don't know how much more of this I can take before I slit my wrists. Also yay Bmah belt today
    Last edited by Troxism; 2014-12-20 at 06:45 AM.
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

I mean if you have a good prot pally as the other tank you should never hold aggro off a pally on those adds that and the pally gains dps from tanking whereas we don't

Quote Originally Posted by Troxism View Post
    Personal whining: I've had insane lag for the last few weeks for half the raid night, so that really makes me fucking mad every single night. Just came off 2 hours of just constant 2-3 second freezes on Mar'gok progression and I want to murder my ISP right now. I don't know how much more of this I can take before I slit my wrists. Also yay Bmah belt today
    Have you tried using a proxy server?

I was wondering if you could comment on the importance of 'smoothing' (via haste/multistrike) from your personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_AllCOM3 View Post
    Have you tried using a proxy server?
    I'm not getting DDOSed so doubt that would help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    I was wondering if you could comment on the importance of 'smoothing' (via haste/multistrike) from your personal experience.
    Not really important at all in practice, more about playing it right (banking at the right times, using externals for the right situations).
    I write guides and have a youtube channel where I make kill videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/EssEmmI

Feel free to ask me for help regarding to Blood DK play

Deleted
    A vpn or proxy could help you avoid a bottlenecked route to the game servers, if thats what is causeing your problem.

According to Simcraft, Prot Paladins are only tanking 50% of the total damage per second we take. They're also healing/absorbing for almost (665) and surpassing us later on (695). Are Prot Paladins just in a really good spot? I think its absolutely insane to see our DTPS and have similar healing/absorbs to a class taking half as much damage as us. Any thoughts guy?