How do you go about getting a weapon you want ?

Hey there.

For over a week now ive been spaming rifts for 5-6 hours a day. Spent all my shards on 1h weapons. Its easily over 30k now. I wouldn't be surprised if its more. ive had a lot, and i mean a lot of blood thiefs. In the double goblin buff i usualy had 2 per rift. Still no joy on the weapon.

The weapon i am after is the dagger of darts. WD ceremonial knife. I have all the other parts for the spec and decent rolled aswell. i just need the weapon to be able to do 38-39 rifts. Possibly even 40 if im lucky with the density.

Atm it doesnt go too fast in the rifts due to not really having any other gear to any other specs. so im running the carnevil build without dagger. Really good single target dmg. But sucky aoe dmg.

The weapon doesnt drop and ive hardly got any ceremonial knifes at all. I mainly get swords and axes.

What do you do to get the item you are after ? just keep spaming t6 rifts ? do greater rifts low to high or just higher rifts ? Play on another faster char and gamble on the dude you need the item on ?

Ive been trying that a bit aswell. I have a rather decent geared DH. i can do a t6 rift on him in about 3 min avarage. Thats faster than the WD. But then going over to gamble 5 weapons every 15 min doesnt really cut it. I lose out a lot of drops i potentialy could get on the WD in rifts.

Any one got any fancy tricks up their sleeves ?

do T6 speed rifts with a few WDs that dont care about getting the wep in question. have them trade it to you if it drops.
    its best to stay on WD to gain more WD drops.
    grifts dont drop items aside from the boss and even completing high ones fast wont be that helpful due to D3's large drop pool.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    do T6 speed rifts with a few WDs that dont care about getting the wep in question. have them trade it to you if it drops.
    its best to stay on WD to gain more WD drops.
    grifts dont drop items aside from the boss and even completing high ones fast wont be that helpful due to D3's large drop pool.
    i literally have dont speed runsfor 4 weeks still no FUCKN FOOTE IMA LOSE MY MIND......its seriously driving me nuts how can i be capt america without foote YOU CANT

- - - Updated - - -

im thinking about rerolling but im such a huge paladin fan...but WD or DH LOOK SO FUN

Quote Originally Posted by Nofo View Post
    i literally have dont speed runsfor 4 weeks still no FUCKN FOOTE IMA LOSE MY MIND......its seriously driving me nuts how can i be capt america without foote YOU CANT

- - - Updated - - -

im thinking about rerolling but im such a huge paladin fan...but WD or DH LOOK SO FUN
    I feel your pain with Foote, I farmed for so long hoping for it to drop. It finally dropped from the first grift I'd done in about 3 months, then another dropped from the next grift I did immediately after. Try Grifts, I believe they have a different loot table to regular rifts because it's too much of a coincidence that I barely even saw any Flails drops in bounties/rifts but the first 2 grifts I do it drops from both. Then again, that is exactly how my luck tends to work out so who knows..

Kill more things and pray harder to RNGeesus. Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nofo View Post

- - - Updated - - -

i still dont know why u want a foote, condemm build on ladder with BOP and freydehs so much more fun. espec with gogok swiftness gem. is foote even used for t6 clears?
    anyway
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C.../hero/53383485 if u look at my male crus i smash stuff up with zeal while spamming condemm for constant delayed explosions. clears ultra fast and its decent fun.

back to your topic though better to Stay on WD. Grifts have 0 drops except the end boss and the loot table is so large its like lol.. how u gonna get ur wep with that anyway. ive had Wand of Woh drop on my WD before ive had Sunkeeper/SMK. grifts are weird like that. stick to loot sharing T6's.
    also my monk still hasnt found a flying dragon but i hear we need a diff wep anyway for the new patch so meh. i feel your pain.

Waiting for a specific extremely rare weapon to drop will suck the fun out of D3... Better just to work with what you have and secretly hope that someday the weapon will drop.

Wand of Woh was the first lvl 70 legendary for my wiz, but never seen a furnace on any of my characters. I bet when it drops it's gonna have dex (now maining a barb) + LoH + resource cost reduction...

Why do people continue to ask this same question?

I sacrifice a chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    Waiting for a specific extremely rare weapon to drop will suck the fun out of D3... Better just to work with what you have and secretly hope that someday the weapon will drop.

Wand of Woh was the first lvl 70 legendary for my wiz, but never seen a furnace on any of my characters. I bet when it drops it's gonna have dex (now maining a barb) + LoH + resource cost reduction...
    This.

Just wait, it'll finally drop for you rolling crap stats and you'll whimper while salvaging it. I had a Furnace drop earlier today, my first one actually. Rolled perfect stats.... Non Ancient, got salvaged

It's cool having something like this to work towards, but as always, build around what you've got not what you want.