Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    New tauren male models great, but have big problems with one-hand weapon scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    Hm. I can't see anything on it here so, can anyone confirm/ deny that polearms can be transmogged into two-handed swords/axes/maces and vice versa?
    Yes they can.. Tested it in beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Really glad to see that they undid the change that they did in ICC XD hated that shit so much

Each difficulty has its own weekly lockout.

- - - Updated - - -

Loot goes like this: Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic have a loot based lockout, which means you can kill bosses as many times as you would like, but you will only get loot in each difficulty once a week. The amount of loot that drops scales to the number of people eligible for loot, so you can't game the system.

- - - Updated - - -

K, confusing it said before that instances had their own weekly lockout but then it says Mythic difficulty has an ID based lockout, similar to how Heroic lockouts have worked previously. You are locked to one raid ID for the week. anyone else find this strange? Or is it a typo?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    do i have to buy the expansion to get 6.0 with every change?

Deleted
    major tip! major tip! , dont log out in a city before patch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schevva View Post
    do i have to buy the expansion to get 6.0 with every change?
    No. The expansion grants you the access to Draenor and everything associated with it e.g. garrisons, raids & dungeons, level cap increase etc. Everything listed on this page is available to everyone.

My biggest problem with these changes are the removal of the mounts from Siege of Orgrimmar and the removal of the Legendary Cloak. If I were to come back to the game after my long Hiatus I'd like to finish the quest line in my own time, not in the time the designer's see fit. The mounts being removed is just further pushing dickery in my face after all of the people that got my precious ICC Heroic Mount post expansion too. So they can all get my mount that I spent months working on in two weeks, but I can't get the new wolf because of 'reasons' that no one will really detail. BS on that entire thing.

As for the changes with classes and specs and all that other stuff, I do see a massive amount of creativity lost in all of this. Plus if you notice, their 'pruning' is just so they can re-add abilities in as Glyphs or as Talents because they were too lazy to fix anything at all. They've pretty much made me decide never to play a DK tank again because I hated Death Coil on all three specs and now its a standard, Paladins and Warriors got massively boned by a serious drop in primary and secondary stat bonuses from their specializations and every class I wasn't playing has been pretty much gutted and set out to dry in a nice neat pile next to them.

"waiting on another installation or update" Stuck at this screen

Aaaaaand yet again certain specs and classes get royally screwed when it comes to weapons in the event dungeon.
    Change the frigging agil sword to a mace for christ's sakes Blizzard.

Is the korkron juggernaut a guaranteed drop until the expansion or is it a rare drop as of tomorrow? I don't have it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergil Angelus View Post
    My biggest problem with these changes are the removal of the mounts from Siege of Orgrimmar and the removal of the Legendary Cloak. If I were to come back to the game after my long Hiatus I'd like to finish the quest line in my own time, not in the time the designer's see fit. The mounts being removed is just further pushing dickery in my face after all of the people that got my precious ICC Heroic Mount post expansion too. So they can all get my mount that I spent months working on in two weeks, but I can't get the new wolf because of 'reasons' that no one will really detail. BS on that entire thing.
    The removal of mounts has been going on since Vanilla - Black bug mount, plagued proto drake, black proto drake - so on and so forth. This is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post
    Is the korkron juggernaut a guaranteed drop until the expansion or is it a rare drop as of tomorrow? I don't have it yet.
    To the best of my knowledge - it will continue to be a 100% drop until WoD comes out. However, you can only get it on "mythic" difficulty which will be a 20 man raid. To offset that, I do believe that 2 mounts will drop per kill on 20 man mythics. I am not 100% certain on that aspect though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post

What makes you think people would flock there in the first place?
    Oh, come on...

For the FREE Warforged gear. Fully upgraded to 4/4, ilvl 575 gear ought to last well into the WoD leveling process.

Isn't it possible to just bypass WoW's version of whatever anti-aliasing they use and have your drivers do it properly? I remember doing that years ago for games that didn't support AA at all, going into the driver control panel and selecting an .exe then telling the drivers to always apply whatever settings you want to it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    Isn't it possible to just bypass WoW's version of whatever anti-aliasing they use and have your drivers do it properly? I remember doing that years ago for games that didn't support AA at all, going into the driver control panel and selecting an .exe then telling the drivers to always apply whatever settings you want to it.
    Mostly no.

MSAA can't be forced via drivers for deferred rendering.

nVidia though has DSR (it's effectively supersampling) that can be forced on any game that allows multiple resolutions and has UI scaling. That said, it only available for the latest line of cards. It's also taxing on your GPU, it's supersampling, so unless your video card is super, it will just be a slide show.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

If you're running Windows Vista or later, you don't need to defragment anything. Microsoft changed this ages ago such that it runs on a schedule regardless of user input. For Windows 8, the default is weekly. Blizzard saying this is just because Blizzard is run by old luddites who don't keep up on current OS methods.

Some Microsoft links for Vista/Win7 (same article) and Win8 which explain the scheduling:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ing-hard-drive
    Last edited by corngrenade; 2014-10-13 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the One-Handed Swords from UBRS really going to be Main Hand?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Also using these big archive files is pretty dumb these days when we have established file systems such as NTFS, HPFS, and Ext4 which do the job better. It's simply an unnecessary redundant performance hit for game companies to want to hide all their files inside another file system on your existing file system. In the old days this was done because of limitations of file systems and to hide things from the players. Now players just write their own tools to unpack these things anyway. On top of that WoW is the most ubiquitously spoiled title in existence right now, so just put the damn files in the WoW folder so we don't keep suffering dumb performance hits managing all the files inside of the big container file system.

Quote Originally Posted by corngrenade View Post
    If you're running Windows Vista or later, you don't need to defragment anything. Microsoft changed this ages ago such that it runs on a schedule regardless of user input. For Windows 8, the default is weekly. Blizzard saying this is just because Blizzard is run by old luddites who don't keep up on current OS methods.

Some Microsoft links for Vista/Win7 (same article) and Win8 which explain the scheduling:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ing-hard-drive
    Assuming you leave your PC on all the time or allow it to wake up to do this stuff, yes.

Deleted
    This Toyboxes...

Does anyone have any information about it.... I mean I have destroyed half of them, since I didnt "think" I needed them for anything back in Cata.
    Can I get them back or will they appear?

cheers

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    This Toyboxes...

Does anyone have any information about it.... I mean I have destroyed half of them, since I didnt "think" I needed them for anything back in Cata.
    Can I get them back or will they appear?

cheers
    If you can't, I do believe they are at least account bound, so you could get them on another char.