Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goxicity View Post
    "Fixed an issue where Ferocious Bite may sometimes consume an incorrect amount of Energy when the ability misses" .... I guess that means when Ferocious bite is dodged or parried. But, this is very very very minor hotfix if u ask me, bigger dps loss is when your ferocious bite gets dodged or parried but it consume 5 COMBO POINTS like ability landed. Why dont u fix that Blizzard. This "bug" is big HUGH dps loss, if u dont position yourself right.
    I've never seen it use the combo points before. It used to waste blood talons which was super annoying, but they recently fixed that.

The bug described in the patch notes only existed since the last round of hotfixes, very possible you never had a bite get parried in that time period.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I probably wouldn't much notice if it refunded the proper amount of enery anyways, but the Known Issue says nothing about consuming the combo points on a miss though as Goxicity is claiming? Just that it didn't refund energy properly.

There's been a lot of odd issues with FB as of late, but I've never heard of that one.

You probably just didn't notice that it got parried. It would act in every way like it hit, except for doing damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Just tested, Ferocious Bite on parry is now
    - consuming all combo points (should be none)
    - consuming 25 energy (not sure if it's the base or the extra cost; should be 20% of the base cost and none of the extra cost)
    - generating predatory swiftness (should not)

quicky question where does SoW 680 standing atm? got atm SoD 670 socketed,Coin and SoW 4/4 and sadly my guild stoped even thinking about butcher since lucky bastards coined SoD or got it from missions. Sad and unlucky kitty here.

Check the first post. If you want more accuracy, sim it for your own character.

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    quicky question where does SoW 680 standing atm? got atm SoD 670 socketed,Coin and SoW 4/4 and sadly my guild stoped even thinking about butcher since lucky bastards coined SoD or got it from missions. Sad and unlucky kitty here.
    SoW 680 is bis until mythic, generally.

Deleted
    I see many ppl in here dont understand what i said. Its obvious Ferocious bite, if its dodged or parried doesnt do dmg duh. Thats not my point. Im talking about combo points. Before patch 6.1, if your ferocious bite got dodged or parried, it would consume energy like it landed, but it DID NOT consume your COMBO POINTS. U still had 5 combo points, u just need to wait for enough energy to cast another ferocious bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    quicky question where does SoW 680 standing atm?
    No doubt, SoW 4/4 is super, super good until the very best Mythic trinkets from Kromog/Blackhand. Lose the 670 Scales, replace with Skull of War imo -- however as Arc mentioned, there's no definitive way to tell the value of trinkets for your particular situation unless you personally Sim it all out yourself.

Good day.

Could some nice guys do some sims for me, or just come up with an suggestion. I have a hard time finding out from the paired trinket list what to use?

I got:

Scales of doom 685+socket
    Beating heart of the mountain normal WF
    Skull of war
    Humming Blackiron trigger

Which one to pair?

I've tried my self, using scales + skull seems like having higher burst.
    But wouldnt the passive gain from agi and trigger be better over time?

It seems like the only choice im 100% on is the SoW trinket, but what to pair with it?
    Last edited by dokluten; 2015-03-09 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokluten View Post
    Which one to pair?
    Scales of doom and Humming Blackiron Trigger have same internal cd (afaik). While heart of mountain is low ilvl.

Which would have made what the default choice?

Scales + trigger together?
    And leaving SoW out?

Skull of War is incredibly strong, so you don't want to leave that out. According to simulations I did on my own character, Skull + 680 Trigger is a stronger combination than Skull + 685 Scales, but that likely changes with a +50 crit gem in Scales. Heart is almost assuredly in none of the better combination.

I could have simmed your character to find out, but then I would need your Armoury profile.

Which would have made what the default choice?

Scales + trigger together?
    And leaving SoW out?
    Since SoW is great with your cooldowns on pull it is most often BIS until mythic, this is not true if you do not have a high crit chance without it.
    I get 40% crit with foodbuff so for me it sims really low.
    I dont know the exact crit% it starts to get bad so gonna need ur armory to sim it for ur character.

If ur crit is below 30% I would go scales+SoW for sure.
    Closer to 40% I would go scales+trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Skull of War is incredibly strong, so you don't want to leave that out. According to simulations I did on my own character, Skull + 680 Trigger is a stronger combination than Skull + 685 Scales, but that likely changes with a +50 crit gem in Scales. Heart is almost assuredly in none of the better combination.

I could have simmed your character to find out, but then I would need your Armoury profile.
    Misworded sorry, nvm
    Last edited by BestMonkNA; 2015-03-10 at 05:20 AM.

Would be awesome if you could do that <3

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%ADed/simple

Quote Originally Posted by BestMonkNA View Post
    The problem with running 2x Crit proc trinkets is that your shred already gains 50% crit. If both procs are up your wasting stats.

I WAS running 680 Trigger / 680 SoW but have recently swapped out SoW for Lucky Coin simply because I'm not benefiting from a lot of the procs when they are both up.
    From where does Shred gain 50% crit?

Would be awesome if you could do that <3

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%ADed/simple

± 10~ DPS

You should try to get 680 Heart as soon as you can and pair it with Skull; it's a 300+ DPS increase.

From where does Shred gain 50% crit?
    during incarnation only, as a part of baked Revage into Shred

It gains double crit, not 50%, and he made it seem like it was passive.