Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    <3 love you guys
    Twitch Twitter Signature by Winter Blossom

Hi,
    i have a question regarding trinkets. I have HC seed, HC soul cap and now i bonus rolled mythic Mirror. On most fights soul cap is fucking with me with its random procs so i am inclined not to use it most of the time but i was told that it can be really good with mirror and also next reset i am getting ring so i am really unsure what combination of trinkets use on which fight. Could someone give me quick rundown?
    Thanks

The trinkets story is annoying. So what, now I got myself prism from Kazzak and together with N Mirror it simmed about 2k OVER N Mirror+H Capacitor with socket! (simmed patchwerk)

Quote Originally Posted by Santina View Post
    The trinkets story is annoying. So what, now I got myself prism from Kazzak and together with N Mirror it simmed about 2k OVER N Mirror+H Capacitor with socket! (simmed patchwerk)
    Your doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Your doing it wrong.
    Because simming is hard.

Bottom-line, that is what latest Simcraft has shown. Needless to say, it is a different story in live fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Santina View Post
    Because simming is hard.

Bottom-line, that is what latest Simcraft has shown. Needless to say, it is a different story in live fights.
    100% This. Cap sims great on paper but it only really useful on some fights (like Gorefiend). Mirror is good if the boss doesn't move alot while Censor is good on others. What "trinkets" are best really very on a fight by fight bases.

I've run into this situation a few times and I'm not sure if there's a way to prevent it, or how other people are handling it.

After my opener, at some point I'll end up with SR with 20s, Rip with 20s, 5 combo points and almost full energy. If I Bite, I'll have 50-70 energy, and only 19s to generate 10 combo points.

It takes me roughly 12.6s to generate 5 combo points (assuming I get unlucky with clearcasting procs), so I can refresh Rip inside the pandemic window, but I only leave myself ~7s for Savage Roar. If I refresh Roar at the 2-3 combo points I can generate in that time, then it lines up again with Rip.

Is it a bigger dps loss to Bite, then Rip, then let Roar drop while I get back up to 5 combo points (Roar would be down for at most 5s), or refresh Savage Roar when it has 20s left?

Deleted
    Just a quick question lads, overall how are feral atm in Hellfire?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Just a quick question lads, overall how are feral atm in Hellfire?
    Not bad, not good, just average. Pawkets switched to his Warrior but he's in a fairly top end guild so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekusar View Post
    Not bad, not good, just average. Pawkets switched to his Warrior but he's in a fairly top end guild so.
    To expand on this, imo: slightly above average single target, slightly above average 2-3 target cleave, awful aoe, awful target swapping on low health die asap mobs.

In previous raids in wod we were at least in the top few for st/cleave. Not anymore.

You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekusar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysheki View Post
    To expand on this, imo: slightly above average single target, slightly above average 2-3 target cleave, awful aoe, awful target swapping on low health die asap mobs.

In previous raids in wod we were at least in the top few for st/cleave. Not anymore.

You decide.
    And i was booooooo'ed here not long ago when i said this tier will suck for us and the 2 min rings make it even worst...

Unless you participate in nearly all of the mythic raid testing and have a very firm understanding of the encounters you really cannot know for sure. Unfortunately since that encompasses very, very few people (and especially ones who its in their best interest to not go blabbing about it) predictions are largely speculative and if your opinion is an unpopular one then yeah you're probably gonna get some flak for it.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2015-08-07 at 06:13 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

It seems like 5.2(6.2) patch yep? With 5.3(6.3) bringing 10% damage buff and druid still sucking without special trinket.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...unt&dataset=90

again bad scaling killing us going closer to mythic gear level, with still though whole expansion no fix-buff to our aoe
    Last edited by Zstr; 2015-08-07 at 08:36 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, returning feral here and I have a question.

You mention that it's now worth it to keep up Rake on all targets, this is completely foreign to me but I'm gonna roll with it and assume you're right. Now on council fights, I assume I should be maintaining Rake and (optionally) Moonfire on both targets. Should I be maintaining Rip on both as well? I can't assume that's correct unless the two targets hug each other. I.e not across the room like Dark Shaman from last expansion if you tanked them both outside.

depends on gear level, on high and having tier sets it's easier to maintain all, and with latest patch `bloodtalons` are superior on cleaves, so foget about `moonfire`

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    So, returning feral here and I have a question.

You mention that it's now worth it to keep up Rake on all targets, this is completely foreign to me but I'm gonna roll with it and assume you're right. Now on council fights, I assume I should be maintaining Rake and (optionally) Moonfire on both targets. Should I be maintaining Rip on both as well? I can't assume that's correct unless the two targets hug each other. I.e not across the room like Dark Shaman from last expansion if you tanked them both outside.
    My basic rule is to rip/rake/thrash everything that I can with my available energy and only to use shreds or bites if there's nothing left to rip/rake and I'm going to cap energy. (Caveat on low health mobs obviously)
    Gets messy the more mobs there are of course, but seems to work pretty well mid range.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

Trinket question : Any difference between BlackHand crit trinket 700 + gem VS Socrethar 695 trinket ? what is the best in your opinion ? I f**king hate socrethar trinket, is it BiS ? all guides say yes but i dont feel any improvement in DPS since i got it.

Quote Originally Posted by feralover View Post
    Hey guys,

Trinket question : Any difference between BlackHand crit trinket 700 + gem VS Socrethar 695 trinket ? what is the best in your opinion ? I f**king hate socrethar trinket, is it BiS ? all guides say yes but i dont feel any improvement in DPS since i got it.
    the trink from soc is great, but really situational and so rng that it tends to proc at the worst times. Also if your explosion misses because of being ported away, having to move out, or you have to break chains you just lost A CHUNK of dps. So I would say switch it out depending on fight.
    Twitch Twitter Signature by Winter Blossom

Use Simcraft. Also, Soul Capacitor is incredibly strong, so there's no reason to hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonfell View Post
    the trink from soc is great, but really situational and so rng that it tends to proc at the worst times. Also if your explosion misses because of being ported away, having to move out, or you have to break chains you just lost A CHUNK of dps. So I would say switch it out depending on fight.
    You can just cancel the buff.

Is it better to refresh Rip a little early if it means empowering it with TF?

If at 5 CP and waiting for Rip to enter its pandemic threshold, is it better to hold off on TF for a minimal amount of seconds in order to not cap on energy, or is it better to FB to expend the combo points and energy to make room for TF as it comes off cooldown?