Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hi guys. Been away for a while so now that we start raiding tomorrow im starting to update all the info i had and the only question i still have and havent find is

Are we still supposed to rake instead of shred during incarnation?

Thx a lot and sorry if i missed that information somewhere in the guide or the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcrushed View Post
    Hi guys. Been away for a while so now that we start raiding tomorrow im starting to update all the info i had and the only question i still have and havent find is

Thx a lot and sorry if i missed that information somewhere in the guide or the forums
    as far as i know, maintaining rake uptime and filling with shred is better during incarnation. someone correct me if i'm wrong though.

i wonder if it's worth reapplying rake just before incarnation ends regardless of cp/energy to get higher uptime on improved rake though since even a non-blood talons improved rake is much better than a fully buffed, non-improved rake.
    Last edited by Eranthe; 2014-12-02 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feraldps View Post
    Looks like some trinkets were just stealth buffed.

Skull of War - Stage 2/3
    Captive Micro-Aberration
    Scales of Doom
    Humming Blackiron Trigger
    Beating Heart of the Mountain
    Do you have the updates? I was thinking that SoW would get buffed and am thinking the PvP trink might get nerfed.

Main hand dps 6.25
    Agi 6.65
    Attack P 6.05
    Critical Strike 3.45
    Versatility 2.75
    Mastery 2.6
    Multistrike 2.5
    Haste 2.05

Is this incorrect?
    and if so does anyone have the correct numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Yes Rake should be reapplied during Incarnation as you do get the perk, and that actually makes the second sequence you listed much worse than the first. I recommend trying this, you shouldn't have any energy problems:
    HT
    Prowl
    Pot
    Rake
    Incarnation
    Berserk + TF as soon as you're at < 40 energy
    Shred to 5 CP
    Berserk + TF if you haven't yet, even if you have more than 40 energy
    Rip
    Shred to 4 CP
    HT
    Rake
    FB
    Wouldn't you want to reapply Rake earlier after popping Incarnation?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Incarnation gives no dps gain from stealth its why you open with shred. So unless there is a BL or you are a troll with berserk there is no reason to refresh or waste the energy for it until the 4.5sec.

Is it at all beneficial to hold off on Incarnation and Berserk until the first Improved Rake is about to fall (pandemic) to get a second improved raked with incarnation? Even holding off just incarnation and not berserk?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmor View Post
    Is it at all beneficial to hold off on Incarnation and Berserk until the first Improved Rake is about to fall (pandemic) to get a second improved raked with incarnation? Even holding off just incarnation and not berserk?
    The only dps gain from incarnation is the shreds and if you have the glyph it refreshes savage roar. The reason you use them all together is that you get higher damage from shred when its active berserking reduces the energy of shred. which together you get more damaging sherd for less energy doing more damage. Now depending on the fight and how long its going to be would be how you would set it up. Best times being when you have a BL and you agi potions going with trinkets used. In shorter fights that i know its only up one time i try to use it when SR is going to run out and to reduce the wasted 5 combo points.

Quote Originally Posted by Remorse/epic View Post
    The only dps gain from incarnation is the shreds and if you have the glyph it refreshes savage roar. The reason you use them all together is that you get higher damage from shred when its active berserking reduces the energy of shred. which together you get more damaging sherd for less energy doing more damage. Now depending on the fight and how long its going to be would be how you would set it up. Best times being when you have a BL and you agi potions going with trinkets used. In shorter fights that i know its only up one time i try to use it when SR is going to run out and to reduce the wasted 5 combo points.
    I'm sorry what? Incarnation also buffs rake due to improved rake.......this is what I asking...........

I'm sorry what? Incarnation also buffs rake due to improved rake.......this is what I asking...........
    Rake hit is ~x2 times weaker then Shred

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcrushed View Post
    Assuming you mean spamming it, absolutely not. Maybe with much better gear later in the expansion where have significantly higher levels of mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    i wonder if it's worth reapplying rake just before incarnation ends regardless of cp/energy to get higher uptime on improved rake though since even a non-blood talons improved rake is much better than a fully buffed, non-improved rake.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Do you have the updates? I was thinking that SoW would get buffed and am thinking the PvP trink might get nerfed.
    http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopi...=unread#p26023

Main hand dps 6.25
    Agi 6.65
    Attack P 6.05
    Critical Strike 3.45
    Versatility 2.75
    Mastery 2.6
    Multistrike 2.5
    Haste 2.05

Is this incorrect?
    and if so does anyone have the correct numbers?
    Read the guide?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    No, its already buffed by BT and Imp Rake. If you refresh it after any earlier than I suggested you're only losing damage. With LI it would be a slightly different story where you'd want to Rake once both Inc and TF are up.

Maybe if you had no trinket procs with the right fight duration, but otherwise you're throwing away a colossal of damage by not using your cooldowns immediately to coincide with your procs.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Read the guide?

Yes i have read the guide and learned a lot coming back to the game after such a long break. My issue is True stat weights which no one seems to have the same. Simcraft uses one set, you have a code for pawn which uses a different set. Im looking for the true stats with bloodtalons.

Deleted
    Read the guide?

Yes i have read the guide and learned a lot coming back to the game after such a long break. My issue is True stat weights which no one seems to have the same. Simcraft uses one set, you have a code for pawn which uses a different set. Im looking for the true stats with bloodtalons.
    Truth is, stat weights vary based on the current state of your gear as well as the combat situation. If you want to precise stat weights for your character at a specific point in gear progression as well as for a specific encounter, you have to sim for it.

they only reason why stats weights should change are soft and hard caps

Incarnation gives no dps gain from stealth its why you open with shred. So unless there is a BL or you are a troll with berserk there is no reason to refresh or waste the energy for it until the 4.5sec.
    The only dps gain from incarnation is the shreds and if you have the glyph it refreshes savage roar.
    Maybe stop posting things you clearly have no clue about.

Deleted
    That would only really hold true if your DPS was a strictly linear function of your stats, as well as caps - in a manner of speaking - being more common than apparent. Rising levels of crit or haste for instance, while - of course - in the case of crit also affecting your bleed damage (via criting ticks), will also result in additional combo points to be spent on ferocious bite, which in turn affects the value of your mastery relative to your other stats. Highly inflationary values of mastery might end up bringing Thrash back on the table for single target use in more and more situations, later in this expansion's lifecicle, etc. pp.
    Last edited by mmocd9c750e2e7; 2014-12-02 at 10:45 PM.

maybe you should explain why i am wrong instead of telling me I'm wrong and not giving a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    That would only really hold true if your DPS was a strictly linear function of your stats, as well as caps - in a manner of speaking - being more common than apparent. Rising levels of crit or haste for instance, while - of course - also affecting your bleed damage (via criting ticks), will also result in additional combo points to be spent on ferocious bite, which in turn affects the value of your mastery relative to your other stats. Highly inflationary values of mastery might end up bringing Thrash back on the table for single target use in more and more situations, later in this expansion's lifecicle, etc. pp.
    From my understanding haste as no affect on bleeds anymore, just on energy regen. Also bleeds do not give extra energy until you get tier. Please correct me if im wrong
    Last edited by Remorse/epic; 2014-12-02 at 10:46 PM.

Question: As a old school feral (who missed the snapshotting craze) which of the remaining 2 talents: Claws of Shirrvalah or Lunar Inspiration is more raid appropriate? I'm looking to play my Druid more akin to what I was used to in WotLK so any input here is appreciated.

P.S. - I'm aware that Bloodtalons sims higher. Please just take my actual question into account before telling what I should be doing. Thanks

Deleted
    maybe you should explain why i am wrong instead of telling me I'm wrong and not giving a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

From my understanding haste as no affect on bleeds anymore, just on energy regen.
    Yeah, that was a slip up, I originally had only crit up there, to which the line about Bleed ticks refered, when it dawned to me that haste also affects CP generation. Thanks for the pointer, gonna fix that real quick.

That is never the case. Getting the best stat weights will always be done by importing your character with your gear directly into simcraft and having it determine stat weights. That is just how it is. There are no "true stats" which is why Pawkets specifically recommends simming your own character to get stat weights.

Stat weights also change dramatically based on the type of fight. Mastery gets way more value in a cleave oriented fight than a single target fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warwulf View Post
    Question: As a old school feral (who missed the snapshotting craze) which of the remaining 2 talents: Claws of Shirrvalah or Lunar Inspiration is more raid appropriate? I'm looking to play my Druid more akin to what I was used to in WotLK so any input here is appreciated.

P.S. - I'm aware that Bloodtalons sims higher. Please just take my actual question into account before telling what I should be doing. Thanks
    Lunar inspiration will always be a better DPS option than Claws of Shirvallah. The only reason I would ever spec Claws over Lunar Inspiration would be a fight with heavy curse/poison dispels, or a lot of enrage effects to soothe off of targets. And even that is only if there weren't enough people who could cover it without a big DPS loss.

The only thing I spec Claws of Shirvallah for is a few Challenge mode dungeons because there are a ton of enrage effects in them/

So LI all the way, except for highly specific fights.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character