Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Not entirely true. Tim Hortons is bad, relatively cheap coffee, and their menu is gigantic, and they have amazing sandwiches that are ready as fast as any mcshit burger. The coffee is bad though. Canadians who are coffee snobs don't like their coffee.

The climate of Canada just makes hot beverages more of a way of life here than in say Texas, where you put ice in your tea, and call your disgustingly sweet iced tea "sweet tea" instead since all of the tea is iced tea.

As a result forget Tim Hortons, find a nice indie coffee shop. I believe Vancouver also has a really big indie music culture as well. If you can get a car and a ferry over to Vancouver Island it's pretty there too. Or Salt Spring Island is really nice as well.
    Heh, you don't think Texans drink hot tea? Iced tea can be good (unsweet), but I drink 50 times as much hot Earl Grey as I do iced tea.

But you came to the same conclusion I did, so there's that.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

(Downtown Vancouver resident here)

1. Find the Beavertails truck and get ready for a sweet tooth overload.
    2. Visit Stanley Park.
    3. Eat proper poutine at "La Belle Patate".
    4. Visit the Metrotown Mall.
    5. I'd suggest catching a show at the Orpheum, but it appears that unless you are a Sarah McLachlan fan it may not be worth it. At least walk by it.
    6. Try the Porchetta at "Meat and Bread".
    7. Ride the seabus.
    8. Visit the Olypmic Torch and walk the Seawall.
    9. If you have a day, visit Whistler.
    10. Shop down both Robson St and Granville St.
    11. If you are into comics or nerdy collectibles, Golden Age Collectibles has a whackton.
    12. I suggested finding the Beavertails truck, but it really applies to finding as many food trucks as you like. We have a lot downtown and like 99% of them rock.

I could probably go on, but that should be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Heh, you don't think Texans drink hot tea? Iced tea can be good (unsweet), but I drink 50 times as much hot Earl Grey as I do iced tea.

But you came to the same conclusion I did, so there's that.
    Yeah I'm the only Canadian I know who occasionally enjoys an American style unsweetened iced tea.

Check out Gas Town too!

If you're a birder you can get a lot of birds if you go down to the shore.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland