Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Yeah I saw the hotfix on it, I still think Cata would be strong with X amount of mobs though, there has to be a threshold where Cata scales better.
    I can't think of any fights where there are a very high amount of mobs with high/equal priority; if things stay as they are you're going to want the strong focus damage the terrorguard has on most/all progression fights.

I agree I think if there's aoe involved even the full time infernal would probably do more than cata will

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    I can't think of any fights where there are a very high amount of mobs with high/equal priority; if things stay as they are you're going to want the strong focus damage the terrorguard has on most/all progression fights.
    Tectus?

Edit: Any word on how the DPS is with Service / Doomguard?

Tectus?

Edit: Any word on how the DPS is with Service / Doomguard?
    With the energy bug for doomguard/terrorguard fixed, sup/serv should be basically the same as always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    With the energy bug for doomguard/terrorguard fixed, sup/serv should be basically the same as always.
    Same is a strong word though, I'm sure one outperforms the other just on a small margain, I would assume Service Doomguard would be more for burst?
    Last edited by Santoisms; 2014-11-14 at 10:06 PM.

Same is a strong word though, I'm sure one outperforms the other just on a small margain, I would assume Service Doomguard would be more for burst?
    It's only a choice between 20% extra damage 100% of the time, or 100% extra damage 20% of the time. Averaged out over the course of the two minutes, there is no functional difference in the damage provided by either talent.

The only differentiating factor that might make one better than the other is the ability for the pet to attack, and any potential damage buffs that could be gamed by bundling more of the damage into 20 seconds instead of the whole 2 minutes.

There's no inherent thing which makes one better than the other beyond those considerations. Without more information on the specifics of the circumstances around which your question is based, there's no way to make a reasonable judgement between the two talent choices.

- - - Updated - - -

I should note that there used to be, as doomguards would run out of energy and thus would stop casting. This would make service better under 100% uptime since the service doomguard would cast more often than the alternative.

You could think of that situation as being as splitting GoSup into 2 doomguards, one who does 100% damage, and a second which does 20% damage. The 20% damage one would run out of energy, while the service 100% damage one wouldn't as quickly.
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2014-11-14 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It's only a choice between 20% extra damage 100% of the time, or 100% extra damage 20% of the time. Averaged out over the course of the two minutes, there is no functional difference in the damage provided by either talent.

The only differentiating factor that might make one better than the other is the ability for the pet to attack, and any potential damage buffs that could be gamed by bundling more of the damage into 20 seconds instead of the whole 2 minutes.

There's no inherent thing which makes one better than the other beyond those considerations. Without more information on the specifics of the circumstances around which your question is based, there's no way to make a reasonable judgement between the two talent choices.

- - - Updated - - -

I should note that there used to be, as doomguards would run out of energy and thus would stop casting. This would make service better under 100% uptime since the service doomguard would cast more often than the alternative.

You could think of that situation as being as splitting GoSup into 2 doomguards, one who does 100% damage, and a second which does 20% damage. The 20% damage one would run out of energy, while the service 100% damage one wouldn't as quickly.
    Also, we are still casting Rain of Fire only when BACKDRAFT IS DOWN?
    Last edited by Santoisms; 2014-11-15 at 12:26 AM.

Also, we are still casting Rain of Fire only when BACKDRAFT IS DOWN?
    Short answer? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Short answer? Yes.
    Gimmie the long one. Mana issues a bit while testing it.

So since Terrorguard seems to be the way to go for the most, should we go for haste/crit?
    Last edited by Gihelle; 2014-11-15 at 06:39 AM.

Gimmie the long one. Mana issues a bit while testing it.
    I've yet to come into any issues with mana using RoF between Conflag charges and no Backdraft available (aside from just putting down multiple RoF in diff locations at the same time).

Deleted
    Did u you guys notice that if u cast a second RoF while one already exists the duration extended by the "new global pandemic 30%" effect?
    If its not only a visual bug then its not completely a dps loss casting a second one during heavy movement (and maybe worth to cast a RoF prepull lol?).

Ok I am testing destro in heroics and in one-two CMS. It is strong in general. My only problem is that pet seems to avoid all mechanics, just stay there and do really good damage. Now I realize why we don't have fel flame. Well, we have a very strong passive ranged damage. This. Other than that, I hope I will not have to raid with destro at ALL bosses since I'll die of boredom.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Ok I am testing destro in heroics and in one-two CMS. It is strong in general. My only problem is that pet seems to avoid all mechanics, just stay there and do really good damage. Now I realize why we don't have fel flame. Well, we have a very strong passive ranged damage. This. Other than that, I hope I will not have to raid with destro at ALL bosses since I'll die of boredom.
    I actually feel like Terrorguard/Abyssal are missing the avoidance mechanic. My Terrorguard died a whole lot of due to environmental damage, was specially bothersome on the second boss of Heroic Grimrail.

Sitting in a 2.6k queue atm, will test once I eventually get back online.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    I actually feel like Terrorguard/Abyssal are missing the avoidance mechanic. My Terrorguard died a whole lot of due to environmental damage, was specially bothersome on the second boss of Heroic Grimrail.

Sitting in a 2.6k queue atm, will test once I eventually get back online.
    I think you're right... I've just checked ingame and Doomguard/Terroguard/Infernal/Abyssal does not have the "Avoidance" passive in spellbook that all the other pets have.

Deleted
    This needs to be spammed to them asap if it's a problem. Otherwise it won't get addressed til Highmaul is over.

What´s the new Statprio for destro locks? Should i look for Mastery/Crit items or is the Crit/haste Build more optional because the Doomguard doesnt scale from Mastery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandraa View Post
    What´s the new Statprio for destro locks? Should i look for Mastery/Crit items or is the Crit/haste Build more optional because the Doomguard doesnt scale from Mastery?
    I understand it as M>C>MS>H

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    This needs to be spammed to them asap if it's a problem. Otherwise it won't get addressed til Highmaul is over.
    I'll test it once I finally get in (still at 677 in que...) but sent 2 tweets to Celestalon/Watcher in the mean time.

- - - Updated - - -

Confirmed, they're lacking avoidance.

Observer with Avoidance marked:

Terrorguard, no Avoidance (no page 2):

Abyssal, no Avoidance (only GoSup buff in page 2):

Deleted
    Yeah got on myself, it dies to everything.