Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Hey fellers. Need item comparison opinions once more.

tyty!!!
    I'm assuming you meant to link a 630 ilvl shoulderpiece with Versa/Multi. The Agi alone on the 640 is more than likely enough to make it a better choice than the 630 piece, and Crit/Versa are still strong stats. If you are in doubt you can use SimulationCraft and AskMrRobot to work out the theoretical difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazgoth View Post
    On pure single target, we should be popping ChiEx at 3chi or am I missing something?
    Yes, 3 chi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the 5% nerf up in EU? My stance still say "Damage increased by 10%"

Deleted
    AFAIK they won't be applied until reset and even then tooltips won't be updated until 6.1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    AFAIK they won't be applied until reset and even then tooltips won't be updated until 6.1
    They're probably already applied, this is what "hotfix" means. They didn't talk about "needs server reset" or something this time.

Tooltips on the other hand are generaly updated waaaaaay later.

Deleted
    Last time those hotfixes needed server resets to apply though. Its more of an issue that EU hotfixes are applied considerably later compared to US ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    The changes are live according to Lore
    https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/544947516589244416

"unless we specifically state otherwise, hotfixes are applied to both regions at the same time"

so for mythic raiding. is it still worth even playing this class anymore? blizz is nerfing it into dust. should i take the time now while my guilds still doing normal and heroic to finish gearing up, to switch to a different class. maybe a hunter?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    We are decent for single target and still very good for cleave. I honestly don't see how we're nerfed to the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    We are decent for single target and still very good for cleave. I honestly don't see how we're nerfed to the dust.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17P.html

Look at the differences between 695 and 630 ilvl monks. This shows that we are one (if not) of the worst scaling classes in the game at the moment. And this is only the first tier. By the end of the expansion we'll probably be at the bottom. This is not taking into account the 4 piece bonus, which is the first actual game changing 4 piece we've had ever imo, and that might bring our dps up a bit over the other classes (not too sure how other classes are with theirs though, all I remember is we were still near the top when they did account for tier pieces). Mind you these simcrafts were done before we got another 5% nerf, this time to stance. Given how blizzard has handled our tier bonuses in the past, the next few might be horrible.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/6

We are only at the top for one fight now. Our single target with this nerf puts us probably a bit below the middle of the pack. Our cleave takes a hit with each nerf we have as well, and some classes aren't going to be too far off from us now.

People say a well played ww will always be near the top. I call bull. Mythic guilds are basically full of top raiders at pretty much an equal level. How do you expect to beat others if you're all equal and your classes are not. If you're topping as a ww on a single target fight in a semi-serious guild, either you've had the best rng with trinkets and TEB or your other raiders need to seriously pick their game up.
    C'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient nímporte qui.

Do we still apply the weapon ilvl rule here ? i had 2 blue one handed weapons ( each ilvl is 630 ) and staff dropped to me ( ilvl 670 ) , should i go with staff ? and if i do then what enchants should be used ?

Another question is that, for single target opener that comes with lust, do you save energizing brew ? my rotation on pull ( + lust ) goes like :expel harm (4,5 ) ==> prepot ==> xuen ==> tiger palm ==> RSK ==> 2 chi's ==> TB + EB ==> 2 x BoK ==> FoF ==> Serenity + TB when i get out of lust, anything is wrong here ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudio View Post
    Do we still apply the weapon ilvl rule here ? i had 2 blue one handed weapons ( each ilvl is 630 ) and staff dropped to me ( ilvl 670 ) , should i go with staff ? and if i do then what enchants should be used ?

Another question is that, for single target opener that comes with lust, do you save energizing brew ? my rotation on pull ( + lust ) goes like :expel harm (4,5 ) ==> prepot ==> xuen ==> tiger palm ==> RSK ==> 2 chi's ==> TB + EB ==> 2 x BoK ==> FoF ==> Serenity + TB when i get out of lust, anything is wrong here ?
    Ask yourself, is there a point to increase your energy regeneration with three spells at the same time, when ONE of them is already enough to energycap you?

Not to mention that you literally can't pop energizing brew in the opener you posted because the game does not allow it to be used when you are max energy.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudio View Post
    Do we still apply the weapon ilvl rule here ? i had 2 blue one handed weapons ( each ilvl is 630 ) and staff dropped to me ( ilvl 670 ) , should i go with staff ? and if i do then what enchants should be used
    The staff is undoubtedly an upgrade. As for the enchant, I'm unsure if there have been sims specifically for 2H, but I would assume that the multi strike enchant is best for single target, and haste for multitarget
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I have question about this one trink. Is it powerful or useless "Pajeet-Nov's Perpetual Puzzle " if we compere pvp \ coin agi proc trinkets?
    Last edited by samadxi; 2014-12-17 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its funny. I am feeling the effects of the 5% stance nerf big time.

I got this new weapon http://www.wowhead.com/item=113640&bonus=560:563 which replaced my http://www.wowhead.com/item=118979&bonus=150 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=110055/g...eaxe&bonus=524.

and for some reason, I didn't feel like it was such a massive improvement. Now I know ilevels are more important but strange how I can go from consistent 20k dps easily to something less now... Or maybe I am just sucking and its all in my imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Its funny. I am feeling the effects of the 5% stance nerf big time.

I got this new weapon http://www.wowhead.com/item=113640&bonus=560:563 which replaced my http://www.wowhead.com/item=118979&bonus=150 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=110055/g...eaxe&bonus=524.

and for some reason, I didn't feel like it was such a massive improvement. Now I know ilevels are more important but strange how I can go from consistent 20k dps easily to something less now... Or maybe I am just sucking and its all in my imagination.
    No you aren't crazy, as my iLvl has gone from 640 to 654 over the last 10 days, and last night I did 500 dps more on H-butcher than I did 2 weeks ago, and exactly the same as last week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Munklemonk View Post
    Look at the differences between 695 and 630 ilvl monks. This shows that we are one (if not) of the worst scaling classes in the game at the moment. And this is only the first tier. By the end of the expansion we'll probably be at the bottom. This is not taking into account the 4 piece bonus, which is the first actual game changing 4 piece we've had ever imo, and that might bring our dps up a bit over the other classes (not too sure how other classes are with theirs though, all I remember is we were still near the top when they did account for tier pieces). Mind you these simcrafts were done before we got another 5% nerf, this time to stance. Given how blizzard has handled our tier bonuses in the past, the next few might be horrible.

We are only at the top for one fight now. Our single target with this nerf puts us probably a bit below the middle of the pack. Our cleave takes a hit with each nerf we have as well, and some classes aren't going to be too far off from us now.

People say a well played ww will always be near the top. I call bull. Mythic guilds are basically full of top raiders at pretty much an equal level. How do you expect to beat others if you're all equal and your classes are not. If you're topping as a ww on a single target fight in a semi-serious guild, either you've had the best rng with trinkets and TEB or your other raiders need to seriously pick their game up.
    Afaik that should be with 5% nerf to Tiger Stance applied. No way we were that bad a few days ago. Last time i took a look we were much further at the top. Around Warriors.
    However, if they just updated the last Nerf (another 5% to RSK) and this is the result of the ~3,5% nerf with the 5% to Tiger Stance still coming, i really think about rerolling, i have no fate that they dont have another nerf in their pocket already... i have suffered enough in Monks own Addon to butcher myself yet another time. We dont scale that good with gear (at least compared to abominations like Mages and Warris they created last week). If the nerf is still to be applied in Simcraft, we will fall below Gladiator and Destro Warlock and that will leave us as the worst class damage wise on ST (Rogue has Sub and Shadow has the choice).

its not that WW isnt already dead in PVP =(
    Last edited by mmoc5efd199a02; 2014-12-17 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    I wonder where some ppl are looking when they compare dps with other classes. Simcraft is awesome and from what I saw we were ahead, but not nearly as far as arcane Mage's are now. Don't get me wrong , arcane surely needed a buff. Since their dps drops with high movement fights. But the same can be said about ww monks when we need to move out for sum debuff or knockback when comparing to our fellow melee dpsers.

Now if we look at the fight logs. Again it would be kind of obvious we would top the charts, specially multitarget fights. Aslong as you keep in mind that we scale extremely well wih weapon damage. I think even more so due to the change they made in our damage dealing abilities. And weapons are very easy to aquire in HM.

I fully understand the nerf, but I do get the feeling they went slightly overboard. Even if you take next tier gear into account ( maybe they will put a lotta MS on it ).

10+ Year Old Account
    oh god, raid yesterday was awful. I was #4 on Butcher and .5% behind #1 with imperfect play, I don't know how we'll survive. And then I only did 40k on normal Tectus.

Honestly, the sky hasn't fallen yet. We're still quite strong when played well. And, Arcane's single-target relies upon them just doing nothing but tunneling the boss.

More seriously, interesting conversation popped up in IRC today - to jab or not to jab in Serenity. I know many people couldn't be around, but here's a VERY VERY BASIC model that I made for it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._Uk/edit#gid=0

Basically, I'm not accounting for crits, mastery, etc - and these values are pulled from a butcher log from when I was 650something. So, mileage would vary of course. Column 1 is Jabbing at 6s and not FoFing directly after, the 2nd is with 0 Jabs during Serenity and then Jab -> FoF after, and the 3rd is Jab at 6s, and then FoF quickly after as well. For the 3rd approach, you wouldnt jab directly after because you are at 4 chi already (and this assumes you are NOT specced for ascension).

But, basically - the concern is that we energy cap during Serenity. While this feels unnatural, it's honestly not a huge loss for us. The loss is if we remain energy capped for very much longer. Plus, you're more or less sacrificing another BoK.

Doing 33-36k on low % butcher wipes post nerf, dunno why people complain about single target damage :S

Anyway does someone have simc comparisons of 670 skull of war, 670 scales of doom and 665 lucky coin, and can tell me what to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.