Quote Originally Posted by FasterBetter View Post
    Hina put 9 on SimC for the opener.
    I did some tests and 9 is in most cases a dps gain. (some cases 10 is better than 9, depend of your iLvL / Trinkets)
    Tested 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, it was a dps loss during the opener for a 300s fight in all gear. Didn't tested in shorter or longer fight.
    if u are not super lucky with your mastery procs you will have all your trinket and weapon enchants procs gone away at the time you have 9 TeB

isn't it ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hina put 9 on SimC for the opener.
    I did some tests and 9 is in most cases a dps gain. (some cases 10 is better than 9, depend of your iLvL / Trinkets)
    Tested 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, it was a dps loss during the opener for a 300s fight in all gear. Didn't tested in shorter or longer fight.

Hina, some profiles got mistakes like the neck got "enchant_id=gift_of_multistrike" instead of "enchant=gift_of_multistrike" on BRF gear. Didn't check if it's our BiS and if enchant are good (I know that haste will go #1 in full BRF mythic if we enchant MultiStrike).
    Blah!!! Stupid copy and paste issue. Getting that fixed now.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, just pushed a fix that fixes that as well as fixing a bug with the APL dealing with FoF and serenity

Quote Originally Posted by limis View Post
    if u are not super lucky with your mastery procs you will have all your trinket and weapon enchants procs gone away at the time you have 9 TeB

isn't it ?
    I tested to use TeB before 8-9 stacks during the opener but it was a DPS Loss even if when we pop TeB we lost some procs, it's still better with this opener.
    I have to try if by modifying the opener and TeB management we can get more dps at the opener but it's very trinket dependant. (If you have or not on-use trinket)

15+ Year Old Account
    The way I currently have it, is if you have an on-use trinket, to add that line, but otherwise, skip that step.

See this for reference:

https://code.google.com/p/simulation..._monk.cpp#6136

Yes I saw, seems that you forgot "chi.max-chi>=1" in "actions.opener+=/arcane_torrent,if=buff.tigereye_brew_use.up&chi.max-chi>=1", it's not useful for initial_chi=5 as we're at 4 chi during serenity (and then when we use TeB) but if the user modify the initial_chi in .simc it may waste it (I hope we can still modify initial_chi even if it's hardcoded by default to 5 for WW).
    I'm not at home to check if it's the case when importing but on T17 profiles it's missing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I saw, seems that you forgot "chi.max-chi>=1" in "actions.opener+=/arcane_torrent,if=buff.tigereye_brew_use.up&chi.max-chi>=1", it's not useful for initial_chi=5 as we're at 4 chi during serenity (and then when we use TeB) but if the user modify the initial_chi in .simc it may waste it (I hope we can still modify initial_chi even if it's hardcoded by default to 5 for WW).
    I'm not at home to check if it's the case when importing but on T17 profiles it's missing.
    Ok, I fixed that and pushed an update.

Can anyone translate the latest ptr notes? Are they just formula changes or do they have buffs/nerfs as well?

15+ Year Old Account
    They are basically the buffs that was mentioned a few days ago in the official patch notes.

- Hurricane Strike got buffed
    - Chi Torpedo got buffed,
    - the detonation from Zen Sphere got buffed
    - Ring of Peace now lasts 5 seconds

And that is it from a Windwalker, Brewmaster perspective. Everything else is just tooltip adjustments to add the versatility stat into the tooltip. Misteweavers got a few other changes made (3x Spirit = mana return & buff to ChiX healing).

I do not see the Chi Burst change though so not sure if that went in or not. Nor the Breath of the Serpent change.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2015-01-27 at 09:19 PM.

I figured how to improve a bit our opener by using Trinket On-Use right after Tiger Palm and before RSK, it's a gain at 5,4,3,2 initial_chi and neither a gain or loss at 1 and 0 chi :

Code:
    actions.opener=tigereye_brew,if=buff.tigereye_brew_use.down&buff.tigereye_brew.stack>=9
    actions.opener+=/blood_fury,if=buff.tigereye_brew_use.up
    actions.opener+=/berserking,if=buff.tigereye_brew_use.up
    actions.opener+=/arcane_torrent,if=buff.tigereye_brew_use.up&chi.max-chi>=1
    actions.opener+=/fists_of_fury,if=buff.tiger_power.remains>cast_time&debuff.rising_sun_kick.remains>cast_time&buff.serenity.up&buff.serenity.remains<1.5
    actions.opener+=/tiger_palm,if=buff.tiger_power.remains<2
    actions.opener+=/use_item,name=lucky_doublesided_coin
    actions.opener+=/rising_sun_kick
    actions.opener+=/blackout_kick,if=chi.max-chi<=1&cooldown.chi_brew.up|buff.serenity.up
    actions.opener+=/chi_brew,if=chi.max-chi>=2
    actions.opener+=/serenity,if=chi.max-chi<=2
    actions.opener+=/jab,if=chi.max-chi>=2&!buff.serenity.up

Edit : Yes TeB @ 9 stacks is better than 10, 8, 7, 6, ... in the opener.
    Last edited by Aethys256; 2015-01-27 at 10:45 PM.

You 675+ monks using chi brew with chiex on bracken and tectus?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depetrify View Post
    I've found ascension to be the way to go on Brackenspore. Tectus goes back and forth since that fight is much shorter.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I've found ascension to be the way to go on Brackenspore. Tectus goes back and forth since that fight is much shorter.
    When you cast sef on a target does it apply a debug to them? Someone told me so but I don't see it on tidy plates.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you cast sef on a target does it apply a debug to them? Someone told me so but I don't see it on tidy plates.
    Assuming you mean debuff; No, it doesn't. There are weakauras that many use to track where their SEF target is, thats in the WeakAuras stickied thread. There's also an addon, but I have no idea how either of them work.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Assuming you mean debuff; No, it doesn't. There are weakauras that many use to track where their SEF target is, thats in the WeakAuras stickied thread. There's also an addon, but I have no idea how either of them work.
    Since 6.0 it does apply a debuff.

Nope.

I have seen some people advocate it, but at best I think it would simplify your rotation so you don't have to handle so much energy during the crazy movement towards the end of tectus.

I can't see how a single extra CX during the coin+pot+teb portion of 8 adds would do more than ascension throughout the entire fight, considering an 8 target CX only does 25% more overall damage than a 2 target CX anyway. (formula being the same as FoF capped at 200% for infinite targets, or 2-1/N per cast).
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2015-01-28 at 05:38 AM.

Deleted
    how many of u have also like 1 piece with multistrike and rest of gear is with a lot of haste crit versa mastery?
    i knew we had this question before but i've to ask it again. at his point, where u dont have a lot of multi-strike, which would obviously the best for single target fights, don't we want to still use chiex over serenity? i mean haste got buffed.. we have a lot of haste, haste is good for chiex... personally i didnt investigate to much but in a couple of ST fights i tried chiex and it went better than expected. also i could see some posts in other threads here which had same feeling but nobody really respond to them.

i just investigate some of the newer logs from mythic butcher to see what the high geared / experienced monkz are doing... seems like serenity still is the way to go? ^^

how would u value Captive Micro-Aberration (heroic) with a socket? i have to chose between coin and CMA with socket.
    i could imagine CMA for cleave and coin for singletarget?

Deleted
    Unless you get 4000-6000 free haste while playing with Chi Explosion in singletarget over playing serenity *cough* PvP 2 piece before fix *cough* Chi Ex WILL NOT out perform serenity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jks View Post
    Hello,

i need to optimize my DPS, so i have 3 questions:

a) In SimC the Bot is popping FoF only with 10 Stacks TEB. Is that correct? I popped it often with => 7 Stacks. Because i thought delaying FoF is a massive DPS Loss. Is my gameplay a dps loss?
    b) Should i pop Serenity with 10 Stacks TEB too? Currently i use often Serenity to build fast up TEB Stacks or pop serenity after i used teb with fof.
    c) Should i delay Serenity for a couple of time, till i got enough stacks for TEB?

Thanks for your help, thanks specially to hinalover for the simc help with the enchants.
    I have the exact same questions, if anyone can answer would be great. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philsndude View Post
    how many of u have also like 1 piece with multistrike and rest of gear is with a lot of haste crit versa mastery?
    i knew we had this question before but i've to ask it again. at his point, where u dont have a lot of multi-strike, which would obviously the best for single target fights, don't we want to still use chiex over serenity? i mean haste got buffed.. we have a lot of haste, haste is good for chiex... personally i didnt investigate to much but in a couple of ST fights i tried chiex and it went better than expected. also i could see some posts in other threads here which had same feeling but nobody really respond to them.

i just investigate some of the newer logs from mythic butcher to see what the high geared / experienced monkz are doing... seems like serenity still is the way to go? ^^
    Well that is pretty easy to test on the dummy, the difference is quite big and easily noticeable.

Do we have any generic stat weights for WW?