so in my own personal testing, on raider test dummie, I am finding that Serenity and Hurricaine Strike do about equal damage in single target fights (this is over around 6 minutes and ~5mill dmg)

On dummy JUST with self buff (no food/crystal/flask/elixer) im doing around 15k dps with HS and Serenity, and around 13k with Chi-Ex single target.

Sitting at 24.2% crit, 4.5% haste, 23% mastery, 18.6% multistrike and 6.3% vers with 3725 agi (636 equipped ilvl)

Serenity is arguably better for periods were you need extreme burst damage, but for general single target fights i think HS will win out for now.

Ive been following what appears to be the general consensus atm of Agi > multi > vers = crit > haste > mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by amarathy View Post
    Few questions to the crafters:
    1) does the dot from Chiex and BoK roll or overlap?
    For a Asc/Chiex build:
    2)At how many mobs would you recommend using SCK over jab as chi generator
    3)At how many mobs would you recommend 4Chiex over FoF as chi dump
    4)If there actually exists a number for question 2) and 3), then is there any behavioural patterns you would change in regards RSK and TP refresh and uptime (would you drop them out of the rotation/use jab over SCK/use FoF for its chi efficiency etc).

My opinion of the WoD WW monk:
    Contrary to many of the opinions expressed on this page, i'm actually loving both asc and chiex and find serenity and CB to be the clunky cooldowns. Maybe it's just my preference for ramp with ridiculous burst over just front loading burst, or that serenity aggrovates my with it's energy capping. HS looks amazing and from looking at the spreadsheet is dealing some very competitive damage with the other trees as well as providing some big frontloaded aoe burst. What do you guys think it would take for RJW to be considered a strong pick, much like it used to be in MoP?
    1) The damage from ChEx and BoK work in the same way. A portion of the damage that you do is dealt over the next 4 seconds. If you BoK/ChEx, the DoT for that kick will last for 4 seconds. If you BoK/ChEx again the second after, the damage from the previous kick and the current kick will be active together for 3 seconds. After that, the damage from the second BoK/ChEx dot will tick for one more second.

2) RJW/SCK aren't really meant to replace Jab as a chi generator. Jab is superior for chi generation. RJW/SCK just do so much damage that they outweigh the chi loss from the AoE damage that they provide. You need to hit 3 targets to generate chi with RJW/SCK, so that's the absolute minimum that you should be using it with. If you're in a situation where you feel you should be using SCK for more than a few seconds at a time, you should consider using RJW instead.

3) ChEx was nerfed to the ground just before WoD was released. It now splits damage between secondary targets in the same manner as FoF. If you're going to be hitting the same number of mobs with FoF as with ChEx, you should always use FoF.

4) TP should see near 100% uptime. Never TP just to burn off chi before ChEx unless your TP buff is about to expire. Instead, just use ChEx at 4 chi. You should always have the RSK debuff up on as many targets as you can. Past that, I've been using RSK for single target on CD, but I use ChEx instead for AoE pulls.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-11-21 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehgreiz View Post
    so in my own personal testing, on raider test dummie, I am finding that Serenity and Hurricaine Strike do about equal damage in single target fights (this is over around 6 minutes and ~5mill dmg)

On dummy JUST with self buff (no food/crystal/flask/elixer) im doing around 15k dps with HS and Serenity, and around 13k with Chi-Ex single target.

Sitting at 24.2% crit, 4.5% haste, 23% mastery, 18.6% multistrike and 6.3% vers with 3725 agi (636 equipped ilvl)

Serenity is arguably better for periods were you need extreme burst damage, but for general single target fights i think HS will win out for now.

Ive been following what appears to be the general consensus atm of Agi > multi > vers = crit > haste > mastery.
    Your sample size is too small. Also you have to take into account that if there is anything else near for HS to hit you are going to lose dps on you main target which may or may not be a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Ehgreiz View Post
    This is what Rotund's spread sheet is currently showing as well. HS and Serenity are within a percent of each other for ST. ChiEX is strongest anytime there is more than one target.

IMO HS is easier to use because you can usually get it in the same TEB as a FoF and it's a short range atk, as opposed to Serenity which requires 100% uptime on your target for 10 sec.
    Last edited by Gaje; 2014-11-22 at 03:08 AM.

it works out quite nicely as well, because i can use it in time with my Heroic Clicky Multistrike trinket, they both have a 1.5m cooldown, and i can usually also use FoF within the same window, so the damage compounds quite nicely.

Frankly i find Serenity underwhelming, the only thing you can spam with it is BoK and lets be honest here, that skill just doesnt hit that hard haha. Also you run into the problem of capping energy quite severly, the only way to avoid that being to use jab/expel harm, but then you are effectively wasting the cooldown..

Going the Serenity + Chi Brew + Xuen route to start off.

What is the general opening rotation for this spec? Also, should I use Storm, Earth, and Fire on trash to AoE (assuming they don't die instantly)?

Deleted
    is the darkmoon trinket any good for pre-raid gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaje View Post
    This is what Rotund's spread sheet is currently showing as well. HS and Serenity are within a percent of each other for ST. ChiEX is strongest anytime there is more than one target.

IMO HS is easier to use because you can usually get it in the same TEB as a FoF and it's a short range atk, as opposed to Serenity which requires 100% uptime on your target for 10 sec.
    I was polishing the spreadsheet today and noticed that I missed the change of Hurricane Strikes doing 15 hits rather than 30. This has been corrected, and Hurricane Strikes fell a bit. Serenity is looking to be the best if you can use it effectively and with high uptime.

While I'm dungeon spamming, I'm going Chex with all the AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    I was polishing the spreadsheet today and noticed that I missed the change of Hurricane Strikes doing 15 hits rather than 30. This has been corrected, and Hurricane Strikes fell a bit. Serenity is looking to be the best if you can use it effectively and with high uptime.

While I'm dungeon spamming, I'm going Chex with all the AOE.
    Good to know, thanks.

I like how the useful thread (discussion regarding ww beta [at 100]) was deleted and replaced by this ALL IMPORTANT level 90 one.

Everything is represented here, you just might have to read a bit or *gasp* use the search feature.

If you have a specific question I'm sure someone will help you.

What is it with people bitching about guides all of the sudden? The exp has been our for a whole week already. Raids haven't even started.

Chill people.

Deleted
    Come on people.... If you are bitching about an outdated guide 1,5 week after the release, take a chill. If you know this forum just a bit you should know that there is A LOT of value to be found in this thread as is already. It just takes some effort from you aswell since you actually need to read thrue the posts :O The monk forum on MMO is freakin awesome and my experience is that I get very fast replies every time I have a question.
    I am sure the guide will be updated but give em some time to get into the expansion so they can actually write a proper guide. It's not like Blizzard made it easy and smooth with the quality we have seen on this release...

When it comes to spec I have been running with Ascension/Chiex for HC's and CM's in the past few days. It's working pretty good and I see myself doing some pretty nasty damage. Though its still very easy to tell that its the start of the expansion and that we lack stats - especially haste!!! I see myself waiting for energy/chi quite a bit.
    I think I wanna try to go with Ascension, Xuen and Serenity/HS in CM today to see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by monemone View Post
    is the darkmoon trinket any good for pre-raid gear?
    I too would like to know how the dmf trinket ranks for us windwalkers. I am a scribe so it's only a matter of time until I can obtain both the trinket and it's upgrades, but if it's not worth it then I will end up just selling the cards I've been saving.

Deleted
    Weapon question: Should I change weapons for dual wield as this guide suggests?

My staff rolled like 10 ilv higher than it should have, has pretty good stats and the alternative is Warforged Bloodblade (+normal).
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=110049&bonus=499:524

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Wouza/simple

Quote Originally Posted by kakadu View Post

My staff rolled like 10 ilv higher than it should have, has pretty good stats and the alternative is Warforged Bloodblade (+normal).

I'd stick with the staff, since the difference between 2H and DW is rather small now and the staff got MS on it, where the Bloodblade does not. No matter if you're playing with ChiEx or Serenity (or even HS), MS should always trump Crit/VS.

Quote Originally Posted by kakadu View Post

The difference between 2H and DW is much smaller now than it was in MoP. Now, DW is only 2-3% better than 2H. In general, if you have a 2H weapon of higher ilvl, it will be better than using two 1H weapons. Like diggorey mentioned, though, if you have a 2H with absolutely garbage secondaries (mastery), it is probably worth simming your character with the new weapon to make sure that it's actually an upgrade.

What stat prio are people using atm?

I hear MS is very very strong, but what are you going for after that? haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    What stat prio are people using atm?

I hear MS is very very strong, but what are you going for after that? haste?
    Hinalover made a post in another thread that covers this about as well as anyone could: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30710311

Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    Hinalover made a post in another thread that covers this about as well as anyone could: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30710311
    Thanks Jocias <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    Yeah, it was something I was figuring out as I was using Serenity (which is an awesome spell. Spamming nothing but Blackout kick and doing solid high burst ).

I don't however like the energy regen boost from Ascension, as its too damn low to make it even work (at least, what I noticed. Just 2 seconds more.