Does anyone know Xamarin?

hello! have you tried this platform Xamarin? is it good? I saw this article saying it raised over $50 million, so I'm curious because I've never even heard it before. thank u!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Xamarin.... Sounds like a drug.. What does it do?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a platform to allow you to develop Android and iPhone apps in Visual Studio, it's okay but not all it's hyped up to be.
    For the project we used it for we had to practically rebuild the application anyway, but still nice to used C#/XAML concepts we learned from building the Windows Phone app instead of having to learn Java from scratch.

If I remember correctly, it's not locked to C#. You can also use Visual Basic, if you're wierd like that.

If you plan to build anything using graphics, don't even bother. Look at Unity Engine or something similar.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Ohhh, I remember now. It's a clone of Microsoft's Visual Studio only instead of writing aps for Windows you write aps for Android, IPhone, etc using C#. It has a free version with limits and a paid version.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

They must be doing something right with all the money they've raised, this is what I'm talking about @FuxieDK ... "Xamarin raises $54 Million" . @Hubcap maybe I'll try the free version. Depending on what limits it has hopefully it's enough freedom to allow me to get a feel of if it's worth the paid version.

Ya ya. Check my profile on MMO-C. It says I develop apps.

Actually I'm on the laptop I downloaded Xamarin on lol. I downloaded it to use it for app development because you could use C# and my programming master told me he'd prefer to use C# so we could have access to the .NET development.

But I personally came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth it. I didn't like the UI. If I want to use C# to make an app now, I'll just use Unity3D and make C# the scripting language.

Soooo yeah I don't like it but it's just another development tool out there.