Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Playing it is quite mind-numbing in my experience. The novelty wears off after a week or so.
    It wore off after an hour for me! Felt like the worst aspects of bomb-maintenance combined with spammyness that made it feel like playing a rogue or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    It wore off after an hour for me! Felt like the worst aspects of bomb-maintenance combined with spammyness that made it feel like playing a rogue or something.
    Still feels better than Prismatic Crystal.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    I mean to be fair I bound Lance to a free spinning mouse wheel, so...

Hi Kuni, if one were to go IN/MI/PC what would
    the optimal opener be?

See a few people recommending pre combat MI
    but isnt that a dps loss?

Thanks for any help, great work with the guides

Hi Kuni, what talents will you use for Highmaul fights?

So i tested it last night IV will only go up to 30sec max but i found it will stay up infinite, that however will net me around 17k dps in 634ilvl on my garrison dummy with 2 targets, i think where thermal void will shine is with the 500ms weapon ench and full ms gear, because you'll be above 60% ms at all times which means on the move you can do about the same damage as a non proced frost bolt, so in order to make the most of thermal void get it to 30secs during hero use your cd's and spam 3-4 ice lances in between frost bolts to try and proc fof and you can keep iv up for around 1:30 which if its a boss fight with adds and your using frozen orb with good pathing you may actaully come out ahead of a fb spam rot.

Note: im not trying to be insane i just love using class mechanics in way's blizz never intended.

Deleted
    Hello, I have some questions I have not been able to find the answer to in thread:

1) Opening sequence

I would like to reiterate this question:

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    Is it fine to use opener like this when you have MI and TV: CDs-->FB and WJ, FB, IL, FB, ILx2, FfB, orb, IL, FB and use IL when it procs and try keep Icy-veins up duration of MI?
    Has it been tested wether this opening sequence yields higher DPS than

Precast FB + WB -> (TW) -> IV + MI -> FO -> PC -> INx2 = INx1 (if PC will end before second IN is cast) FoFx2 > BFFx2 > INx2 > WJ + FBx2 / Freeze (situational) -> FoFx2 (there is delay on gaining second charge from WJFB, so you will not overwrite if you have FoFx1) -> INx1 > FoF > BFF -> FB

Also, is it correct to assume that IV is cast simultaneous to MI considering

Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    MIs do in fact scale with multistrike.
    I assume the former can be determined by editing the action priority list in SimC. If it has not already been established, I'll try to figure it out later, once I've become more familiar with the language.

2) PC Mechanics

I am under the impression that the optimal method for casting during PC is to hit the target and let Glyph of Splitting Ice and IN cleave the crystal. Is this still true? Misunderstanding.

What is the range of the Glyph of Splitting Ice cleave?

Is it possible for the target to be positioned in a fashion so that the target will not be in range of the cleave from Glyph of Splitting Ice, but still within 8 yards range of the PC? Misunderstanding.

If yes, would it then be favourable to switch from the target to the crystal during GCD? Misunderstanding.

3) General mechanics

Why does WJ sometimes only generate one FoF charge? Is it triggered on spell cast or spell land?

Anecdotally, it seems to occur more frequently when I am further away from the boss than when I am close to it.

Also as a general comment to the thread, I think some should be careful of putting too much value in TV during movement. I find myself casting unprocced ILs very rarely. Ice Floes covers almost every movement. It's a direct DPS upgrade since it allows casting more FBs with higher DPET than unprocced IL. It is off the GCD, and it allows casting during knockbacks. I highly recommend this talent over Blazing Speed, unless mechanics dictate the use of evanesce.
    Last edited by mmoc163c2e3892; 2014-12-04 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapara View Post

2) PC Mechanics

I am under the impression that the optimal method for casting during PC is to hit the target and let Glyph of Splitting Ice and IN cleave the crystal. Is this still true?

What is the range of the Glyph of Splitting Ice cleave?

Is it possible for the target to be positioned in a fashion so that the target will not be in range of the cleave from Glyph of Splitting Ice, but still within 8 yards range of the PC?

If yes, would it then be favourable to switch from the target to the crystal during GCD?

Also as a general comment to the thread, I think some should be careful of putting too much value in TV during movement. This is strictly anecdotal, but I find myself casting unprocced ILs very rarely. Ice Floes covers almost every movement. It's a direct DPS upgrade since it allows casting more FBs with higher DPET than unprocced IL. It is off the GCD, and it allows casting during knockbacks. I highly recommend this talent over Blazing Speed, unless mechanics dictate the use of evanesce.
    Pre-cast and hard rule openers are a bitch to test in SimC. I may get around to it at some time, but I generally dislike doing so.

You cannot cleave PC. You can cleave off PC. When you cast PC, you should be attacking PC and cleaving off of it.

5 yards + mob reach

Yes, it's very easy to fuck up PC placement on larger mobs and get no splitting ice cleave.

I have no idea why you are not targeting the crystal in the first place.

You are not supposed to cast non-FoF IL when using TV, so I'm not sure why you think warning people about low non-FoF usage is relevant? Infinite IV (the only situation where you want to cast non-FoF IL) is a DPS loss currently.

By default you target the PC as soon as it is cast.

You can't cleave onto the PC afaik, even if you could, you'd lose the bonus 10% damage you get from hitting PC.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2014-12-03 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    You cannot cleave PC. You can cleave off PC. When you cast PC, you should be attacking PC and cleaving off of it.

(...)

I have no idea why you are not targeting the crystal in the first place.
    I read the part about casting frost bomb on crystal too quickly it seems. All subsequent questions are of course then irrellevant I'll edit my post to avoid confusion. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    You are not supposed to cast non-FoF IL when using TV, so I'm not sure why you think warning people about low non-FoF usage is relevant? Infinite IV (the only situation where you want to cast non-FoF IL) is a DPS loss currently.
    It seemed like an implicit point of argumentation for choosing TV over PC in posts like this:

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    (...) it feels like a lovely playstyle for movement heavy-single target raid bosses.
    It was just to stress that the movement factor has little relevance for the reason behind choosing the talent. But it's been established that PC yields higher DPS regardless, so the point is void. But unprocced IL is still cast during movement if no BFF or FoF proc and no Ice Floes?

-

In response to my own question

Quote Originally Posted by Kapara View Post
    Why does WJ sometimes only generate one FoF charge? Is it triggered on spell cast or spell land?
    It triggers on spellhit.

If you cast it simultaneous to WJ, WJ may expire before the second FB lands. Thus it appears to be better to start the cast around halfway into the FB, but not too late, since there is a small delay on the WE to cast it
    Last edited by mmoc163c2e3892; 2014-12-04 at 03:54 AM.

Hey everyone! Just got a trinket from Highmaul and was wondering if it had enough static intellect on it to make worth to use even though it has a haste proc(to this point ive been avoiding haste in favor of MS/vers/crit)

My trinkets are:
    Alch trink
    Coagulated blood with a socket(MS gem)
    Darkmoon trink 640ilvl
    shards of nothing(from highmaul)

my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...harkeey/simple

Deleted
    Well got to try Tectus NM tonight. I loved the fight but not really too satisfied by my output. In 3 tries, one felt really good and got some quite godly opener with procs and shiz but still when we wiped I was caught up easily by melees. On our actual kill I kinda forked up a bit the opener and had some shit luck with Crystalline Barrage RNG. DMG wise I felt nowhere near melee and hunters. Warlocks are tricky to beat too, depending on the procs.

I am curious and mildly hopefull for the next balance patch. We kinda deserve some love.

In case anyone is interested Logs here
    Last edited by mmoce632701f1b; 2014-12-05 at 01:01 AM.

Deleted
    Hey, Question.
    In openers, MI before the prepot (aka pre pull) or just before cds (before fbomb have been applied)?
    My feelingcraft says that globals in the opener is limited, because of immense ammounts of Procs we Want to use before buffs/prepot fades.
    Also fbomb -> fo, or fo->fbomb?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkeey View Post
    Hey everyone! Just got a trinket from Highmaul and was wondering if it had enough static intellect on it to make worth to use even though it has a haste proc(to this point ive been avoiding haste in favor of MS/vers/crit)

My trinkets are:
    Alch trink
    Coagulated blood with a socket(MS gem)
    Darkmoon trink 640ilvl
    shards of nothing(from highmaul)

my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...harkeey/simple
    Intuition says Shards+Sandman's but sim it to be sure (there is a fantastic guide linked on the opening post, people are putting a TON of time into simcraft you might as well take advantage of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Hey, Question.
    In openers, MI before the prepot (aka pre pull) or just before cds (before fbomb have been applied)?
    My feelingcraft says that globals in the opener is limited, because of immense ammounts of Procs we Want to use before buffs/prepot fades.
    Also fbomb -> fo, or fo->fbomb?
    MI should be after pull...I think anyways (not sure too much simming has been done on opening rotations since it requires a lot of work).

Should be something like: pre-pot -> Precast Waterbolt/Frostbolt -> Combat -> MI -> Icy-veins/off GCD CDs (trinkets racials etc.) -> Orb -> PC -> IN/Bomb -> IL -> Other procs/charges or FB filler -> PC expires -> Water Jet/FBX2 -> Drop procs and continue rotation.

Though I'm sure someone smarter than I am will come correct that :P
    Last edited by Zulandia; 2014-12-04 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    Actually got to be in a full raid tonight. Killed Brackenspore and Twins and several attempts on Ko'ragh...it felt much better than the first time I stepped into Highmaul.
    On Brackenspore, it was nice to play with the shrooms buff...the only issue I had was insane FPS lag out of the blue. People said it was due to the flamethrowers flame effects. This kinda forked up the pull a lot cause I was just pressing buttons a bit randomly trying to guess ><.

Same deal for the first seconds on Twins, the fire effect killed my FPS again...while I never had any problems at all before. Eventually though it did smooth out and the fight is quite enjoyable to execute.

Ko'ragh though was a different deal. All those "Absorbed" combat text lines were depressing me, but then when the adds were piled up nicely FO+PC and Shatter+INs was just a rejoice. But yeah luckily the logs count the absorbed dmg too and I did decently after all. Still lot of room for improvements. (Logs)

Anyone got some tricks/thoughts to share about Highmaul bosses?
    Last edited by mmoce632701f1b; 2014-12-05 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    On brackenspore have your elemental use water jet after the mind fungus spawns in the group to give you one hell of a water jet duration.

Oh, and shatter/IN's on the adds during the intermissions on Imperator for massive damage.

Hi. I switched to mage this tier after a very long hiatus so I'm a bit inexperienced with frost. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong, but my DPS is really holding me back a lot. I've got some logs. Would anyone mind taking a look and giving me a few basic tips? I'm not asking for anything really in-depth, and I think seasoned players might be able to point out what I'm doing wrong with a glance. Thank you for your help. Here is my Butcher kill. I am the only mage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=1987&e=2241

Does anyone know what causes me to sometimes get 2 frostfire bolt procs instead of 1, and how can I tell that I have 2 rather than 1 proc available?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Hi. I switched to mage this tier after a very long hiatus so I'm a bit inexperienced with frost. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong, but my DPS is really holding me back a lot. I've got some logs. Would anyone mind taking a look and giving me a few basic tips? I'm not asking for anything really in-depth, and I think seasoned players might be able to point out what I'm doing wrong with a glance. Thank you for your help. Here is my Butcher kill. I am the only mage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=1987&e=2241
    Overall your logs look pretty decent for your gear areas where you could improve though dont forget flasks and def dont forget to double int pot, as in use a pot just before pull and use the next pot during hero that will help, also keybind your eles water jet and use it on cool down but only use it when you are halfway through a frostbolt cast depending on latency and such you can get 3 procs of fof sometimes other than that pc will give a slight boost of thermal void but if your going to use thermal void use mirror images with it instead of rop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scwasp View Post
    Does anyone know what causes me to sometimes get 2 frostfire bolt procs instead of 1, and how can I tell that I have 2 rather than 1 proc available?
    You will need an addon such as weak auras for that.