Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    AMR is using stat weights from T17 profiles, it's not going to make any sense to use that for T16 optimization.

does icy veins have a duration cap? (like it cant exceed 30sec or something?)

EG : i have 30sec of icyveins, i cast IL with thermal void, it cant go to 32sec?

how much multistrike does icyvein give with the glyph and the perk?
    Last edited by Milocow; 2014-10-20 at 11:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    does icy veins have a duration cap? (like it cant exceed 30sec or something?)

EG : i have 30sec of icyveins, i cast IL with thermal void, it cant go to 32sec?

how much multistrike does icyvein give with the glyph and the perk?
    40 or 45% I think?
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-10-20 at 11:45 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question: Is a normal (569 when upgraded) KTT trinket better than a WF (588) Black blood?

I dont know where to ask this so here goes :

For simcraft frost APL, if you take incanter's flow, does the APL try to fire FoF procs/brain freeze procs during the high damage flow part? 4-5stack incanter's flow
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

I dont know where to ask this so here goes :

For simcraft frost APL, if you take incanter's flow, does the APL try to fire FoF procs/brain freeze procs during the high damage flow part? 4-5stack incanter's flow
    It's almost certainly not worth it. As it is, you are already generating a ridiculous amount of FoF procs - so much so that minimizing FoF munching is extremely difficult. If we draw parallels to current tier16 2pc - it's a DPS loss to ever bank for a 20% increase in FoF-IL damage. There is no point in IF stacks where you are gaining 20% damage on an FoF-IL by banking for stacks, therefor it's easy to see why risking additional munching for a smaller damage gain is a complete waste.

I briefly asked one of the people working on it, and he's essentially said "every time you start banking something, you overwrite something - and the result is DPS loss" which agrees well with what we learned from SoO Frost optimization.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    AMR is using stat weights from T17 profiles, it's not going to make any sense to use that for T16 optimization.
    Ok . Thank you for reply. Could you please check my armoury and tell me if my stats ok or i should regem ? Thanks in advance .
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A0/advanced

Deleted
    Is Skada being broken or FoF:Ice Lance is not multistriking at all?
    I did 5 dummy tests of roughly 3 mins each and none of the ILs cast (25-35 per test) did a multistrike. I got KTT and my Multistrike is 12,57%, FB and other stuffs multistrike normally but not IL (and apperantly not FFB too but that I thought to be RNG cause I did cast only like 8-10 per test).

Screenshotted one test just to show.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo1444 View Post
    Is Skada being broken or FoF:Ice Lance is not multistriking at all?
    I did 5 dummy tests of roughly 3 mins each and none of the ILs cast (25-35 per test) did a multistrike. I got KTT and my Multistrike is 12,57%, FB and other stuffs multistrike normally but not IL (and apperantly not FFB too but that I thought to be RNG cause I did cast only like 8-10 per test).
    Fascinating. It seems to be a Skada bug, as it does actually Multistrike. FFB has the same issue as well. One cast, 1 MS, reports 2 crits. I'd bring it up with the Skada author.

T17 mythic : Frost Bomb/ Incanter's Flow/ Comet Storm statweight

Int > SP > Mult > Vers > Crit > Mastery ~= Haste

T17 mythic : Frost Bomb/ Mirror Images/ PC statweight

Int > SP > Mult > Vers > Crit > Mastery > Haste

does versatility outshining crit mastery and haste indicate that the latter stats are weak?

T17 mythic : Frost Bomb/ Incanter's Flow/ Comet Storm statweight

Int > SP > Mult > Vers > Crit > Mastery ~= Haste

T17 mythic : Frost Bomb/ Mirror Images/ PC statweight

Int > SP > Mult > Vers > Crit > Mastery > Haste

does versatility outshining crit mastery and haste indicate that the latter stats are weak?
    Where did you get those weights? Doesn't look right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    Where did you get those weights? Doesn't look right to me.
    simcraft, 50k iterations
    fun talents that i wanna use and hope they are viable

optimized talents
    Last edited by Milocow; 2014-10-21 at 08:07 AM.

Should we be macroing Water Jet to frostbolt rather than letting the elemental autocast? In a simple macro like :

#showtooltip
    /cast Frostbolt
    /cast Water Jet

When you have no fingers of frost up and cast frostbolt as a filler with waterjet cast twice for both charges. Does this sound right?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWAltoholic View Post
    Should we be macroing Water Jet to frostbolt rather than letting the elemental autocast?
    No. Never. Turn autocast off and manually time it so that you can get your 2 FoF no matter the distance to the boss. Macroing it to Frostbolt is almost as bad as leaving it on autocast.

Quick question about Haste. Are we going for around 45% to have 50% haste raid buffed? Im just looking for a number to shoot for right now. (L90) An actual rating would be ideal.

Thanks!

Are these stat weights drastically different for a lower ilvl? My new mage is only 527, but simcraft is giving me this:

Int: 4.92
    Mastery: 3.95
    Haste: 3.38
    Crit: 2.90

I'm not anywhere near the shatter cap to my knowledge. O.o

Are you guys gemming full haste ie. ignoring socket bonuses? My mage is 575 and I''m at 31% haste 60.26% mastery and 36.35% crit with AI. My gear is mainly red sockets and I'm gemming haste/mastery, haste/crit. Trying to figure out how everyone here has so much more haste. I was previously playing arcane so my gear probably isn't optimized for frost.

Still can't post links:
    Yourboy at Bleeding Hollow US
    Last edited by Pnash; 2014-10-21 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dotfear View Post
    Are you guys gemming full haste ie. ignoring socket bonuses? My mage is 575 and I''m at 31% haste 60.26% mastery and 36.35% crit with AI. My gear is mainly red sockets and I'm gemming haste/mastery, haste/crit. Trying to figure out how everyone here has so much more haste. I was previously playing arcane so my gear probably isn't optimized for frost.

Still can't post links:
    Yourboy at Bleeding Hollow US
    For Red Sockets you can use the Precise Gem. It gives 20 Haste. Ide say 31% Haste is a little low.

Seems most are shooting for around 35-38% Haste unbuffed then going Mastery.

Why would you gem full haste? 10 int / 10 haste would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Why would you gem full haste? 10 int / 10 haste would be better.
    Im pretty sure that doesnt exist.