Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So which is better?
    1. To delay Frozen Orb so it lines up with Prismatic Crystal
    2. To delay Prismatic crystal so it lines up with Frozen orb?

In some cases it will obviously be on a fight to fight basis, but lets think in generals here.

We are doing twin ogron atm (hit enrage at 5%, so a week more of hc gear and it should die). Until now I've been using TV, but I wanna give prismatic crystal a go. The bosses seldom seems to be stacked tightly enough for me to cleave, but it always seem possible to cleave from the crystal to a boss, hence I wanna try out PC.
    Then there is the issue with one boss beeing moved away every now and again for pulverize. Will it be better in this case to hold off on using frozen orb until the boss is back, or should it just be used on CD even when there is only 1 boss. Who knows, it might even work out in a way that both bosses will be stacked when PC is off of CD, so it just makes sense to delay FO.

With

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    First option.
    TY. That also made the most sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post
    Then there is the issue with one boss beeing moved away every now and again for pulverize. Will it be better in this case to hold off on using frozen orb until the boss is back, or should it just be used on CD even when there is only 1 boss. Who knows, it might even work out in a way that both bosses will be stacked when PC is off of CD, so it just makes sense to delay FO.
    With
    I can't imagine your group keeping them spread for more than 20s on the high end. Likely worth delaying if this is the case. That said (and it's not mage related) there is literally 0 reason to move a boss away for pulverize cast, maybe you meant whirlwind?

Pulverize just does a 3 yard AoE around every player, shortly followed by the small rocks falling then lastly followed by the big rock falling. No benefit from pulling a boss away from it as it's all targeted on players as far as I can tell

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Called Monkey View Post

Good video on how to open as frost with either Fbomb or Ice Nova, Mirror Images, and Crystal. The only other way for us to help if for you to show us a log of one fight you did, preferably Butcher, so we can determine what exactly is wrong.
    so do i save icy veins for frozen orb that i have saved for PC or do i fire veins on CD?
    also, how many FFB procs is it worth wasting to make sure i have 2 on my next PC, or should i just keep 1 for when it will last untll PC and then cast one asap when i get 2?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    I can't imagine your group keeping them spread for more than 20s on the high end. Likely worth delaying if this is the case. That said (and it's not mage related) there is literally 0 reason to move a boss away for pulverize cast, maybe you meant whirlwind?

Pulverize just does a 3 yard AoE around every player, shortly followed by the small rocks falling then lastly followed by the big rock falling. No benefit from pulling a boss away from it as it's all targeted on players as far as I can tell
    Y. I spaced out. I meant whirlwind of.

Just got copelands in some salvage. Is it better to sell on AH or to use? Right now I am using normal shards and level 3 inscription trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkeey View Post
    Just got copelands in some salvage. Is it better to sell on AH or to use? Right now I am using normal shards and level 3 inscription trinket
    Depends if you have access to mythic shards.

Deleted
    How many targets before TV>PC? On twins I was getting better results with PC; even tho I would have assumed TV would be better here? And which encounters to use IF over MI? Besides Tectus, I haven't really found an encounter I believe IF is great on.

Also, which encounters favour Fbomb over IN? I mean, IN seems to be the to go for most encounters, I really like Fbomb on Imperator for the small adds etc, although its mostly single target.

So far Im thinking:

Kargath: MI/IN/PC
    Butcher: MI/IN/PC
    Brackenspore: MI/IN/PC
    Tectus: IF/Fbomb/TV
    Twins: MI/IN/PC = MI/IN/TV
    Ko'ragh: MI/IN/PC
    Imperator: MI/Fbomb/PC

If anyone had better experience, please tell. I really dislike PC; but its simply to go to pass up on most cases.

I know they are equal, but its the fight mechanisms which increase the talents usefulness - and I am asking which encounters you believe swapping talents from the standard MI/IN/PC will benefit you. I would love to use MI/Fbomb/TV as default - this option seem to be better with 4 pc foundry.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2014-12-23 at 07:43 AM.

Have a question about trinkets:

I currently have Sandman's Pouch (640) and Coagulated Genosaur Blood (630). Just won Shards of Nothing heroic (670) off of a roll tonight. Would that be better than the Coagulated Genosaur blood even if I lose some multi strike? I'm assuming I should be using the shards now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawogi View Post
    Have a question about trinkets:

I currently have Sandman's Pouch (640) and Coagulated Genosaur Blood (630). Just won Shards of Nothing heroic (670) off of a roll tonight. Would that be better than the Coagulated Genosaur blood even if I lose some multi strike? I'm assuming I should be using the shards now.
    The passive int you gain far outweighs the multistrike proc you lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a threshold of targets for Blizzard to become a ST damage increase? Assuming frost bomb and most likely thermal void. My guild will be starting with Imperator mythic next week and I'd like to know whether or not I should Blizzard the packs of 8/9(?) adds. I'm fairly confident that it's an increase at that point, just would like to know for sure if anyone has tried simming it.

Just switched back to mage from brewmaster main, and thought I would share my mythic Twins video with you guys. Made a few mistakes and didn't have the item level (660 at the time of kill) to compete with the top percentage of mages quite yet, but ill get there! My talent selection was Ice Nova, Mirros, and Thermal Void. Check it out and comment, i'm always willing to learn and/or help out!

Last edited by Carebearr; 2014-12-25 at 07:32 PM.

hi, i believe there is a bug where if you cast prismatic crystal then target the boss and spam ice lance your fof procs won't be consumed for the duration of pc.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelhunt View Post
    hi, i believe there is a bug where if you cast prismatic crystal then target the boss and spam ice lance your fof procs won't be consumed for the duration of pc.
    Just tested this on the dummy and it seems to be accurate for the buff at least. Will try in an actual raid setting first chance I get and some more time on dummies to make sure it's not just visual.
    Last edited by Zulandia; 2014-12-30 at 05:44 AM.

How are we supposed to handle TV? Just spam it and hope for procs?

Hi mage community,

Just a quick question. During the pull I Overcap at multistrike with 2 procs of weapon enchant (106,82%). Should I consider swaping some of the enchants, or even weapon enchant? Untill I could reach 130% limit and when just switch MS glyph. Or it is not worth it untill this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagon View Post
    How are we supposed to handle TV? Just spam it and hope for procs?
    Use IV and FoF-IL like normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Safyra View Post
    Hi mage community,

Just a quick question. During the pull I Overcap at multistrike with 2 procs of weapon enchant (106,82%). Should I consider swaping some of the enchants, or even weapon enchant? Untill I could reach 130% limit and when just switch MS glyph. Or it is not worth it untill this point?
    I don't think it's worth it to switch enchants.

Has anyone noticed if the tooltip for frostbolt is incorrectly displaying the cast time? Sometimes it would say 1.42 seconds prepull, and the next it would just to 1.9 seconds after the first cast.

Enhanced frostbolt perk