Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosai View Post
    Hey guys, i've been mostly playing frost this raid tier and normally, i've been able to pull some pretty good numbers, however, I found that once I got my 4 tier and the trinket, shatter lancing seems to have brought my dps down some. I don't know if i'm doing something grossly wrong, but i've gone from being pretty high up on the meters to middle of the pack even though I have 4 piece and trinket. Even the other mage who has their legendary ring but no trinket or 4 piece is beating me by quite a large margin and it's a bit frustrating.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Kartiru/simple

logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/KrvwfPtDm2BzMkjy#fight=34&type=damage-done&source=147
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/KrvwfPtDm2BzMkjy#fight=41&type=summary&source=147
    Casts
    U munch/loose to much BFF-Procs. 56 procs vs 30 casts is way to low. I know with trinket and 4pc sometimes there is so much blink on the screen that u dont know what to do but u will send out this FFBs. U have a 2pc for that. Try to weave in them more.
    DMG:
    Its difficult to compare with the other mage. Major Differences:
    First of all: The ring is far more superior then the 4pc/trinket.
    Looking at raw dmg:
    FB nearly same (beside the fact that he only needs 50 casts vs your 66 casts which comes down to trinkets and his ring)
    Icicle -0.5m (due to less FFBs)
    FFB -0.5m (due to less FFBs)
    Nithramus -0.5m (get the ring )
    IN vs UM -0.5m (i know you have 8 GCDs spared but even if u throw 8 hard hitting ILs it would be a dmgloss)
    Sethetrinket vs Doomtrinket: -0.2m
    ILs: +2m (you have a trinket he not)
    So overall he is casting more and harder with his ring and overcomes your Trinket.
    Sidefact:
    His WE: 1.42+0.3 =1.72m dmg, Your WE: 0.45+0.45=0.9m dmg. There is a thread over at AT where its discussed that the WE sometimes get bugged doing more dmg then intended. Maybe thats happening here.

Conclusion: Practice more with 4pc and trinket. Try FN/FB instead of UM. Weave in more FFBs. Bug your WE

1. For which specialization are you asking help? Arcane

2. Link your armory pretty please with a cherry on top if your armory is relevant - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kezae/advanced

3. Our mage Kezae has been struggling as arcane for a bit, hes now chosen to switch to frost so I do not think his armory will be relevant.

Here is our most recent raid log, if anyone could give any feedback it would be appreciated.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/v4yr2BpamJPXFqYN

He's got the fundamentals of Arcane totally wrong that's why he's struggling.

This is his mana graph
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=21&spell=100

Now compare it to how a good conserve/burn rotation looks
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce=8&spell=100
    See the difference

Needs to read and digest this and practice. Arcane is all about the practice.
    http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1455

Hey, looking for some mage feedback as my guild progresses through Mythic. Currently trying to evaluate how some of our roster's mages are doing but I don't have a full grasp on mage stuff (im a pally) to fully comprehend where our 3 mages are at and I don't want to create any unfair conclusions. Cuddlymage is a trial and we are also curious on how the other two mages, Matsuki and Testarossa, are doing. For the 8/4/2015 logs, Test just completed his 4piece within the night so half the fights may be without it. Besides performance, I was also curious how big of an impact 4pc and the class trinket will make on Frost/Arcane (and if it can explain the large gaps in DPS across the raid) as well as if Fire is viable or optimal in Mythic progression. (Mats is Fire/Frost)

Armories:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Cuddlymage/advanced
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Testarossa/advanced
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Matsuki/advanced

Logs: 12/13H Night
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/wY319vPFWRtrjqGV#fight=4

Individual Logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/938396/8/#
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/63197/8/#boss=1795
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10437992/8/#boss=1795

We have H Archi, M HFA and M Reaver up tonight so I can get those logs up here once we finish. Its a lot to look through and I appreciate any feedback. If you want to add me to talk more feel free dookie#1491
    Last edited by Dookies; 2015-08-05 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dookies View Post
    Hey, looking for some mage feedback as my guild progresses through Mythic. Currently trying to evaluate how some of our roster's mages are doing but I don't have a full grasp on mage stuff (im a pally) to fully comprehend where our 3 mages are at and I don't want to create any unfair conclusions. Cuddlymage is a trial and we are also curious on how the other two mages, Matsuki and Testarossa, are doing. For the 8/4/2015 logs, Test just completed his 4piece within the night so half the fights may be without it. Besides performance, I was also curious how big of an impact 4pc and the class trinket will make on Frost/Arcane (and if it can explain the large gaps in DPS across the raid) as well as is if the fact that one of our mages is Fire is not viable in Mythic raiding (or rather, not optimal).

Armories:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Cuddlymage/advanced
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Testarossa/advanced
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Matsuki/advanced

Logs: 12/13H Night
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/wY319vPFWRtrjqGV#fight=4

Individual Logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/938396/8/#
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/63197/8/#boss=1795
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10437992/8/#boss=1795

We have H Archi, M HFA and M Reaver up tonight so I can get those logs up here once we finish. Its a lot to look through and I appreciate any feedback. If you want to add me to talk more feel free dookie#1491
    As a preface i may be incorrect. I've had a quick look at talents they seem to pick across fights and have looked at logs a bit on fel lord.
    Matsuki
    - Overuses niche talents, specifically comet storm on aoe (does split aoe e.g 1 target = 100 dmg, 2 targets = 50dmg per target) and Mirror Images (picking this on multi target is even worse). Ice Nova may not be the best pick either for pure ST fights, I know it's not good with arch trinket however not sure about 4pc

- Is using Frozen orb infrequently on ST, should be casting on cooldown when you have <4 FoF stacks

- Is opening with Ice Nova's, i don't agree with this, i think it would be better used when you have no procs

- Has multiple periods of time with no casts for ~2seconds, doesn't use ice floes once on fel lord which would allow him to soak etc while chain casting

Testarossa

- Is picking Comet Storm a lot, see above

Cuddlymage

- Seems to only use the same talents every fight, UM is fine but any fight that needs instant AOE Ice Nova would be better.
    - Has a few 1 sec gaps in casting in fights, smaller then matsukis periods of no casts.

4 piece would be fairly large for cuddly, it allows a huge amount of procs. Trinket is pretty large for mages.

I would say the major difference is time between casts. An example is High council with cuddly. His first damage to the boss is 4.138 seconds in. By this point on our last mythic kill i had hit the boss with 3 frost bolt (-1.5s, 0.05s, 2.855s) and a FFB (1.69s).

Cuddlys start (casting Frozen orb right away which isn't optimal) could be a lot better, precast frostbolt, cast frozen orb, cast frostbolt, cast ice lance. This would add 2 frostbolts in the exact same period as time.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Arcane / Frost - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done (This is just HFA, but we did 10/13H last night)

2. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pherz/advanced

I believe that a lot of my problems is learning to properly use my talents for frost and learning the fights and where to move. I haven't gotten the T18 sets yet so I'm using T17 4pc which I don't think is too good. I'm not sure if I'm doing good or bad for my gear mostly xD

I mainly just want to get feedback and see where my problems are and fix them. Arcane hasn't really changed much for me, but I didn't play Frost in BRF so I'm unfamiliar with how to handle it with basically full BRF items
    Last edited by Sarnus; 2015-08-05 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Deleted
    Looking at Iron Reaver for arcane:

Mana
    First overlook it seems ok.
    Conserve is fine, burn also. Whats missing is the amounts of burn.
    At reaver he flies away at roughly 2 mins. So u have enough time for 2 burns with PC.
    First burn at start as obvious. The second burn for me is usually 15-20 seconds before the second Blitz. When the pre-Blitz pounding comes in 10 seconds i prepare burn. So im shure my PC hits the boss all the time while pounding. After that he blitzes where i try to stay at him with Blink. After Blizz he emerges so i evo back. Phase 2 lasts roughly 1.5 mins so u can start another burn when he lands.
    So u can squeeze in another burn which was one u missed.
    Another thing is the delay of PoM. U want to PoM-AB into PC. Some do it for the last second i like it more to dump mana.
    4xAB->PC->2xSN->AM (now 100% mana)->PoM-AB->weave following AMs and ABs. U used it usually 15 seconds after PC which is not optimal.
    Also look at clipping/overwriting AMs. U have 26 procs with 8 setprocs which leads to 26*5+8*5=170 missiles. U casted 135. Thats to much. Depending on your latency u possible clip some off or you munch some procs.

Looking at Council for frost:

Procs:
    47 FoF to 51ILs->u shouldn't use non-FoF ILs. If u have to move use IceFloes.
    20 BF to 20 FFBs->good.
    3 FOs to 5 FOs->missed something.
    FrostBomb
    Only cast FBomb if:
    -u have 2 ILs
    -WJ comes of CD and u want to cast it
    -FO comes of CD and u want to cast it
    There is no bonus for 100% FBomb uptime.

Conclusion:
    Basics are good. U just need practice and time on the fights. Try to learn timing and movement patterns to know when u can nuke with PC.
    Last edited by mmoce8ebae9270; 2015-08-07 at 09:13 AM.

Hey guys, I'm a pretty fucking terrible frost mage. I'm obviously doing a lot of things wrong, but I'm not 100% sure what they are.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nykwG3#boss=-3

My Mage is Senzala, and I'd really appreciate some tips on not being so terrible.

Deleted
    The ground strategy is solid. You should get Ring and Tome asap.
    Fights:
    As said above you are fine with the normal rotation so i will not link special cases. Following are hints for improving:
    -Never cast IL without FoF (
    Ok u should cast it when u have to run extended time and have nothing left but at this case you should question yourself: Why do i run? There is nearly no encounter in HFC where you really extend IF/Blink/AT. Just plan ahead your movement and you are fine.
    -Use CDs on CD: U often time miss a PC or IV. Use them. Align them (every second PC should be with IV)
    -Better use Waterjet: Start Waterjet midcast FB so the jet will land right before the FB lands. Allways cast FB while Waterjet unless u have max stacks of BFF or FoF.
    That in combination with ring and Tome should get you up to a good point.
    Remeber: All these things are practicing. Thats the main part: Practice. Learn fight patterns and improve Movement. Your on a good way.
    Last hint i can give is: BreaktheiceGuide. Here u will find some nice infographics where u can see what to do at certain situations.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Raves/advanced

I just got 2 pc T18, and I did a BiB from AMR, then dropped the result into SimC. I got the following weights:

Pawn string ( Pawn: v1: "raves": Intellect=6.64, SpellPower=5.99, CritRating=4.23, HasteRating=6.93, MasteryRating=4.72, Multistrike=4.13, Versatility=3.76 )

Is it right for haste to be so high? I guess I should clarify "that high" with relation to INT. I know 2 pc favors haste, I just didn't know it would be this much.

What I put into AMR:

Code:
    mage=raves
    origin="http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/us/hellscream/raves"
    level=100
    race=goblin
    role=spell
    spec=arcane
    professions=Tailoring=700/Inscription=700
    talents=3321331
    glyphs=62210/86209/89749/146659

head=cowl_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124160
    neck=glowing_firestone,id=124211,bonus_id=566,enchant_id=5319
    shoulders=arcanoshatter_mantle,id=115551,bonus_id=41/566
    chest=arcanoshatter_robes,id=115550,bonus_id=561/566
    waist=felflame_belt,id=109828,bonus_id=642/644
    legs=hexweave_leggings,id=114811,bonus_id=124/538/618
    feet=hexweave_slippers,id=114815,bonus_id=116/537/618
    wrists=hexweave_bracers,id=114814,bonus_id=115/538/618
    hands=gloves_of_the_arcanic_conclave,id=124154
    finger1=ukuroggs_corrupted_seal,id=113975,bonus_id=567,enchant_id=5326
    finger2=nithramus_the_allseer,id=124635,bonus_id=621/649,enchant_id=5326
    trinket1=chipped_soul_prism,id=124545
    trinket2=prophecy_of_fear,id=124230,bonus_id=560
    back=shawl_of_sanguinary_ritual,id=124137,bonus_id=561/566,enchant_id=5312
    main_hand=sols_magestaff,id=119174,bonus_id=40/642/644,enchant_id=5384
    Last edited by Malfecto; 2015-08-13 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    Can u link the AMR-Dump for simcraft so we can check that?

I added it. I am also doing light movement, skill-good so its not just the default options in SimC. I have been reading Frosted's amazing post on haste for T18, so it makes more sense, I just was taken aback that it towers so over INT. Let me know if I can supply any other information. Advice is greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, i have posted on Altered-Time about this (have received replies but not enough to help dramatically)
    I am running with a heroic group at the moment, throughout the last 2 months or so we have run and done fairly well. However, we run 2 mages (not now, only myself as the other has left) but during the time the other mage was playing he was doing a significant amount of damage more then me (im talking, me doing 45k and him doing 60k + ). I have plucked his brain about it, my entire rotation and everything is identical and i cannot see the difference. We both run Arcane with a Frost OS for fights that need a slight bit more cleave and movement ect. I currently have my 4 set with half heroic pieces and half normal, the only difference between our two mages currently is he has the trinket from Mannoroth and the legendary (i have tomes, just need to get the boat stuff done which i forgot about) but the difference of 15-20k shouldnt be those two reasons right? the other mage doesnt have his 4 set. I am aware that i stuffed up multiple SN for my PC on a few fights, my WA was playing up and wasnt counting the stacks properly and also mistaps on my missiles on the PC when not needed to, that was just my idiocy. I do recognise sometimes my movement hinders on my casting ability but even in fights where most of the time i stand still i still cant average the damage he makes ect.

Armory link (Haste Arcane build now, we both changed) : us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Allora/simple
    Logs link from guild runs - warcraftlogs.com/reports/aLZgAC8KRwXjGbFM#fight=16
    Guild logs from other dates ect - warcraftlogs.com/guilds/99617/

Rotation goes as follows:

Opener/burn - 2.3ish seconds - potion, ABx4 (drop AM if at 3 stacks), haste trinket (that isnt equipped currently because my frost spec is on), AP, PoM into AB, SNx2, AB to 50% (and dump the 3rd stack of AM if needed ect), evo to 100% then into conserve
    Conserve - ABx4 (unless 3 stacks ect), (being below 97%) drop missile stacks, SN (providing i have enough stacks to last for PC).

Can anyone explain to me what im missing? if im missing a specific spell or rotation or some type of maximization?
    I do have a few questions too that might help with it
    1. Should i swap to UM and Overpowered now or wait for my trinket/trinkets (PoF and class trinket) or is it more situational for boss if it moves ect?

2. I have two haste trinkets currently running from HM/BRF, however i do have the trinket off of Iskar, is it worth me changing one of the haste trinkets out for it? I have looked at BIS and Iskar trinket is better but using it time to time hasnt shown much of an increase at all. (Shards of Nothing and Darmac trink)

3.Is it better to AB to accommodate the mana % for all your AM or just AB then AM, then AB then AM ect? So if i cast ABx2 to get below 90 or so, so i can drop 2 or 3 missiles in a row instead of going 1 AB then 1 missile then 2 ect.

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Looking at this comparison:
    Kilrogg 5.8.15

AB-Dmg: Same. He has more cast but lesser impact which is due to him having the Tome
    AM-Dmg: Same
    SN-Dmg: Same
    .... same same same.
    Why is he doing 2.4m dmg more?
    Simple:
    Ring: 500k
    PC: 1.1m
    DoomNova: 700k
    All this comes from him having far superior trinkets and rings the you.
    Your rota is not the best (neither is his) but with your trinkets... you will never win anything. Get rid of them. Really rid. Throw them aboard. U said u have Iskar. Equip is for shard. And search for a pug archimonde for the tome. Or get Shadowmoon. Or Mannoroth. And collect Tomes. And everything will be fine
    Regards your additional questions:
    1. OP is not really an option. Take PC for single or 2-targets (things like velhari) and AO for 3+targets (or go frost for that). UM can be better but its a small gain. Wait for Tome to be sure.
    2. see above
    3. its better to weave AB-AM-AB-AM because u stay at higher mana per cast. If your mana is over 95% cast AB regardless of the procs/CDs u have because otherwise your mana would cap. (dont cast AB if u have 3 AM-Stacks or 2 SN-charges or something) Its just a guideline.

The other mage was using his crystal better as well. Typically he had one more use than you and over twice the hits. I know everyone likes PC, but maybe try OP and see if you are more efficient with it.

After taking most of that in I managed to gain a bit more damage with the Iskar trink (i had it equipped previously but i didnt see much of a change, now i do. Weird).
    I managed to get the Manno trinket this morning and the damage is mental good, im running both Iskar/Manno for the damage.

Do i need to change my rotation now with my 4pc and the trinket?

Deleted
    Iskar and 4pc not really change the rotation.
    For Mannoroth trinket get an Plate-Addon so u see which mob has the debuff. (search in the forum. There are plenty threads with useful tips). If u see the mark popping up just throw each and every AM inside of the marked target regardless of AC-Stacks. This trinket is insane for arcane if used properly.

Hello,

i'm looking for some advise on two of our mages . as a raid leader, i'm not really impressed with their dps output and am looking for some expert-opinion on their performance in general.

Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/haA6tNd4DxZ2bzQ7

i'm thankful for any tips that i can give them, anything they can improve.

chars:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...istow/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...cachmed/simple

Deleted
    I have only quickly glanced over the logs but there are some obvious mistakes to be found there.
    First of all the mage that played arcane on mannoroth only used Evocation 2x during the entire, almost 8 minute long fight. He burned only 2x so he is losing alot of dmg there, seeing how he still put down 5 crystals he could have just burned 5x and use evocation 5x.

Also he does not have glyphed arcane power, im not sure if it is a DPS increase without tome (which he doesnt seem to have) but i still use it cus its just a QoL

Next up the frost mage just spammed ice lances so it seems. He did 139 icelances while only 65 were buffed by FoF, this is a real big dps loss and its a habbit he should drop.

Im sure ppl can make some more remarks but those are the obvious things that stood out to me

Deleted
    Hello there!
    After getting some gear I feel like I feel like I could be doing more dps.
    Especially with Arcane..
    ---
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Ekyu/advanced
    Last nights logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=12 (was logged in german, hopefully translate works fine)
    ---
    Additional Information:
    I know Glyph of Arcane Power would Benefit my dps, not sure how big the impact actually is. I just don't like playing with it.
    My resource management (mana curve) still needs work, sometimes I loose overview and f*ck up conserve rotation.
    Also I don't know if I should wait with my burn phase for the legendary ring to come off cooldown. (Probably depends on the fight.)

Gear Question: I have the Heroic Iskar trinket (no socket, not warforged) and would like to know if it's better than BH Mythic on single target fights.

For the fights I would like you guys to look at Zakkun and Socrethar Heroic.
    I know I hit the shield a few times.

So, is it just a lot of minor mistakes adding up? or am I missing something big?