Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    actually.. i cast 14 frostfire bolts.. it seems u only count the crit FF.. and im doing the ice floes thing when butcher knocks me back

Help with DPS

Hey guys, just downed heroic imp, but I am not where I want to be in dps, I hover from 19-21k as frost, thinking of going fire but want to see where I can improve with frost.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...kNTK#boss=1723

I would love some feedback on how I can improve. We have two other mages in my guild, and they both consistently outperform me, despite similar gear levels. Here is a log from a recent raid. My character is Sveri:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/v9PTmaDJfWwXZNMp

Since this raid, I've gotten a 645 weapon, and enchanted it with the Frostwolf enchant, but I'm not sure that will make up that much of the difference between our DPS. Anyway, I look forward to any feedback!

Hello i am keep failing
    i am ilvl 650 and i have problems to get my dps high
    i am need to do 23k as simc. i only get to 30-40k burst and then start fail down to 20-17k
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&source=1
    i past logs of test i done on test dummy
    my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pijunky/simple
    i am really trying to figure what i am doing wrong
    keep my fingers of frost untill i have x2
    i use water jet with Frostbolt frozen orb with PC MI with Icy Veins most of the time of the fight
    i will be happy to get help from you
    Thank You

Deleted
    Hello,

It seems that I am unable to get anywhere close to my simmed dps for my char, which should be at 19.4k~ self-buffed on patchwerk fights, so I tried it on dummy:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inili/advanced
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=11

The log is about 5:40 minutes on the boss target dummy, would appreciate if someone could help me out and point me in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorched Earth View Post
    Hello,

It seems that I am unable to get anywhere close to my simmed dps for my char, which should be at 19.4k~ self-buffed on patchwerk fights, so I tried it on dummy:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inili/advanced
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=11

The log is about 5:40 minutes on the boss target dummy, would appreciate if someone could help me out and point me in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong.
    Boss dummies aren't the best to compare to, since its easier than performing your rotation while doing fight mechanics, and you usually are missing buffs that you'd have in a full raid as well.

Taking a quick look though, here are a couple of things I noticed:
    - In a fight that length, you should have 15 uses of IN; you had 11
    - Small detail, but you after lining up FO with PC each time, you could've gotten 1 last FO in during that fight length. You may not have known when you were going to stop your test, but I'd advise you to do this sort of thing with a set duration so you can plan that sort of thing - which you should try to do with actual boss fights once you have killed it once and know about how long it will take.
    - Missed 1 BF proc, which isn't huge, but since it stacks to 2 and you have to be casting Frostbolt to proc it, there's no reason to miss one either.
    - Did you not use your elemental's Water Jet at all? It looks like all it did was cast Waterbolt. That's quite a few FoF's left off the table.
    - No need to hit IV until you've placed PC - you lost about 2 seconds of IV time, which isn't much, but it all adds up
    - You cast Time Warp after you had dropped PC, so you lost a global on your 1st PC

A couple of things are small details (couple lost seconds of IV, the extra FO) but missing out on a lot of procs/IN hurts you quite a bit, as does not lining everything up to maximize your damage to PC once you have dropped it.

Hello!

Okay, so I'm in a "comfortable" place right now with my dps. But, I am looking for critique for improvement. Specifically on my burst. I think I pretty much "have it down" using Thermal Void and finding the right balance of Frozen orb/ Water Jet manipulation for longer duration of effective Icy Veins up-time (glyphed).

I'm going to link my personal World of Logs with 3 logs I just did. 1= test.. 2= LFR.1 using Prismatic crystal..3=LFR.1 using Thermal Void
    Same trinkets and CD's. (Mirror Image|Ice Nova' talents, Pre-pot, second pot, food buff etc)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/337789/

And a warcraft logs link of the (LFR3. thermal void attempt)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QYXWMbmNgdRfw29A

I am raiding in Mythic content and am 6/7 heroic (we decided to go into Mythic progression then come back to get that 7th heroic boss kill later) so I will link my mythic progression link as well. In raid I am almost always (MI. nova. PC)

Kargath mythic (best RNG burst log attempt#20) http://worldoflogs.com/reports/4xi6i...?s=8494&e=8944
    Kargath mythic (1st pull comparrison attempt#1) http://worldoflogs.com/reports/4xi6i.../7/?s=76&e=514
    Kargath mythic ('add duty in mid fight when a dps died*bad rng example attempt#17) http://worldoflogs.com/reports/4xi6i...?s=7330&e=7844

So all of those "Kargath" link are from the same night of raiding. (last night) Sadly, we are recruiting a lot of initiate's, so there's a lot of errors that prevented the kill.. But we sit around 3-10% wipes on decent attempts. Again, all I'm looking for is critique on burst....And also on anything else that may stand out.

Thanks in advance
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vaflame/simple
    Last edited by prestilence; 2014-12-19 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    Pretty much the same as the guy above, I'm comfortable with my dps, considering I'm the lowest geared mage of my raiding guild I'm pretty happy with the numbers, but I am not absolutelly happy, I know I can improve with the knowledge of the fight etc, like knowing how, when and where to throw my Frozen Orbs (2 or 3 got almost entirelly wasted tonight. I've got soem logs for Mythic Kargath (1 wipe and 1 kill) and a handful of wipes on Imperator (some of them complete fuckups by my part), criticism is appreciated

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=20

One question: If I don't get any procs, is my dps screwed then?

I am currently at 665 ilvl and sometimes on bosses I'm waaay ahead of the other mages, and other times I'm lower than them.

I've been testing on singletarget dummy and almost every time pulling up to 60k burst. The funny thing is that on one try I got alot of procs and my sustainable dmg was on ~35k and on another try I almost didn't get procs at all and my sustainable dps was ~25k.

Am I doing anything wrong? Was doing exactly the same rotation on the tries.

The officers in my guild are asking all the time about my dps, but dosen't seem to understand what rng procs are.. :P Very irritating :P

Of course you'd be screwed if you don't get procs.... but over the course of the fight you're going to get procs. I'm assuming your guild is logging so you can back and quantify whether or not you're having issues with low numbers of procs.

I'm assuming you're frost (?). You have Water Jet to somewhat lower RNGesus's affect on your dps as well as well timed FO and Prismatic Crystals.

The absolute biggest thing I see personally is Prismatic Crystal placement. If I place the crystal well and can benefit from IL cleave, my dps is waaaaaaay better than if I can't.

Without logs, we can only theorize so much.

Thats exactly what I mean Just had to ask. Getting tired of questions when officer don't know how the class functions themself :P

10+ Year Old Account
    What spec are you? Even if you're Fire, you shouldn't expect a 10k dps swing in between 2 pulls barring exceptionally great luck and exceptionally horrible luck. You might think that you are playing equally as well both times, but for that much of a difference I'm sure there were other factors than simply luck on procs, particularly if you are Frost or Arcane.

I'm frost. The try i did where it was so low dps (25ishk) it didnt proc for a loong time. was like once in a life time.. I used water jet ofc but other than that I just didn't see any procs. Hope it doesn't happen again..

Btw. is 35k on dummy good for 665 ilvl?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dummy dps is pretty irrelevant since you don't have full raid buffs, don't have to deal with raid mechanics, and who knows how long you were testing.

But if you can do that on a fairly patchwerk fight, like Butcher, over anywhere from 2.5 mins (normal), 3 mins (heroic), or 4 mins (mythic) then that would put you in the top 5 ranks for Frost mages between 663-667 ilvl for all 3 difficulties. So if you're actually doing that in your raids, then you're doing well, but doing it on a dummy is meaningless.

We really need logs to identify the issue

Frost Suggestions?

Greetings all,

I'm currently at 669 and feeling that my dps is not as high as it can be (usually only around 23-24k on Imperators). Since the problem probably lies in my rotation, I'm wondering if anyone can offer me suggestions on how to improve.
    Here's a log on H Imperator, taken back when I was still at 665 ilvl (the only change from my current gear being a 640 Ver/Multi boot instead of Ko'ragh boot, 665 BOE shoulder instead of Butcher shoulder, and 655 Apexis bracer instead of Tectus bracer.):

reports/QNwa9J43nYyb8Zgd#fight=8&type=summary&source=6

And the Armory link:

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Berent/advanced

Thank you in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Greetings all,

I'm currently at 669 and feeling that my dps is not as high as it can be (usually only around 23-24k on Imperators). Since the problem probably lies in my rotation, I'm wondering if anyone can offer me suggestions on how to improve.
    Here's a log on H Imperator, taken back when I was still at 665 ilvl (the only change from my current gear being a 640 Ver/Multi boot instead of Ko'ragh boot, 665 BOE shoulder instead of Butcher shoulder, and 655 Apexis bracer instead of Tectus bracer.):

reports/QNwa9J43nYyb8Zgd#fight=8&type=summary&source=6

And the Armory link:

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Berent/advanced

Thank you in advance.
    Although I'm not exactly 7/7 mythic I can give you some advice.

1. I'd recommend making some changes to your current talents for Imperator in specific;
    -> Change MI to IF. The uptime you'll have on multiple targets during the fight justifies that. (Transition/p1(M)/p4.)
    -> Change TV to PC on level 100 talents. This is just personal preference, but I find PC interacts better with the fight, and the burst it calls for in periods of the fight.
    -> Don't know why you're not, or maybe it's something you've changed since your kill, but why are you not using floes? It's incredibly handy for Imperator given the movement in parts of the fight. (Resonance/moving in p4 etc.)

2. Although it may sound obvious/impertinent, on this fight in particular make sure you're not wasting Fof/In procs in places where you can delay them for 4-5 seconds for more cleave potential. Ie. 1x fof proc comes up 5 seconds prior to an aberration spawn - make sure in this situation you don't flush it down the toilet and use it right away.

I can look at some other fights if you'd like, but I feel in this case in particular, it's merely a fault in talent choice.

Deleted
    Hello, i have a big big problem with my dps... i really dont know what to do my ilvl is 652 and i am frost i'll put an armory link here :
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Bodoganel/advanced
    I suck so baaad that i'm getting depressed with my mage and i really dont know where is the problem my overall dps on almost all the fights is around 16-19k(around 25k in burst) and the damage done is so low that i fight with the tanks...and other mages are top dps in raids , even lower ilvl than mine... i really need your help guyz please.
    Thx alot and have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodoganel View Post
    Hello, i have a big big problem with my dps... i really dont know what to do my ilvl is 652 and i am frost i'll put an armory link here :
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Bodoganel/advanced
    I suck so baaad that i'm getting depressed with my mage and i really dont know where is the problem my overall dps on almost all the fights is around 16-19k(around 25k in burst) and the damage done is so low that i fight with the tanks...and other mages are top dps in raids , even lower ilvl than mine... i really need your help guyz please.
    Thx alot and have a good day.
    You could use better enchants, at the very least on your rings since you won't replace them anytime soon. Also could replace those blues at this point. You have LFR / Crafted / CM's at your disposal outside of your normal and heroic raids. Gold shouldn't be an issue for craftables, you have tailoring.

Outside of that, we need logs =)

Deleted

Frost mage ilvl 657 DPS improvements / Logs included

Hey folks,

I'm looking for some ways to improve my overall performance but I guess without analyzing the logs I can't change much.
    We raided two days with the second one being to try Margok which we couldnt.
    I can't post links so Im posting a shortcut of it. Logs are on worldoflogs

Day 1:
    /reports/rgtbchwsjs29odxf/

KargathTW was too late, I asked RL if I should pop it as usual but he didnt answer)
    /reports/rgtbchwsjs29odxf/dashboard/?s=8018&e=8280

(Why did I receive that much dmg? I wasnt hit by the fire)

Butcher:
    /reports/rgtbchwsjs29odxf/dashboard/?s=8692&e=8952

Day 2:
    Imperator:
    /reports/qk1hcpevl3r99f7p/

Last try:
    /reports/qk1hcpevl3r99f7p/dashboard/?s=12988&e=13735

I have an activity rate of 90% which is kinda low. We had to stop at some points to wait for the add to appear but thats not 10%

Overall I think I should deal more dmg but honestly I can't find anything I am doing wrong.

thanks for reading my post. Wish you all a happy new year