Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So our guild currently plays with 3 mages, And 2 of us are struggling pretty badly. I almost always do more DPS than the other two, but I am not very good at analyzing what exactly is causing this large gap in performance. I have 4pc and Mannoroth trink, so thats definitely a part of it, I will provide several logs below , and hopefully you can help us out.

Here are the Armories of the three mages in our guild:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aladras/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ydblipa/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ravalan/simple

Here is a log of our Xhul'horac kill last night
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...fAWMN1#fight=9

And here is our Farm Raid from last Wednesday
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...wBbCG2#fight=2

IF any of you fine patrons could help any of our mages in any way it would be most appreciated.

Deleted
    First of all armory:
    Ravalan should get rid of this trinkets asap.
    Second gemming: Frost and Ravalan enchant haste. They shouldn't enchant haste without classtrinket. Mastery is the safer bed until 4pc+tome
    Logs:
    Looking at Iron Reaver
    Mana
    Caladras: Late start into first burn, second burn very long (started burn to early so Evo was not back up), missed third burn, conserve overall good.
    Frost: Late start into first burn, second burn good, missed third burn, conserve medicore, hittet 100% mana often and stay to long, dips sometimes to low ->learn better to weave AM/AB, improve movement with IF (not even used one of his Lvl15-talents, Eva is also really good at reaver to dodge barrage) to get better cast uptime.
    Ravalan: Late start into first burn, forget second burn, third burn good. Dips very low in conserve and doesn't recover well enough. If he cast an AB under 93% mana pray for 2-3 AM procs next round or finish after 3xAB with ABarr to recover mana.

First of all learning Fight patterns:
    Iron reaver: What ability is lowering my dmg? Blitz and the whole P2. So timeline: (mark Blitz, Full Charge and Falling Slam)
    Non-ring users
    -2: Precast AB
    0: Start
    1:04/06: Blitz
    2:07/09: Blitz
    2:22: Full Charge (lift up->P2)
    3:13: Falling Slam (get down->P1)
    4:16: End
    So for non ringusers with 1.5min CDs (glyph AP for better results)
    0:00: BL->4xAB->Place PC->start burn as usual
    1:30: Start second Burn
    2:07: End burn with Evo while he charges
    P2
    3:13: Reposition and start 3rd burn (you can delay this maybe a little bit for procs as there is no room for another burn)

Ring user:
    As the fight has 4:16 we get 3 uses of Ring and also 3 uses of PC/AP. So try to combine that:
    -2: Precast AB
    0: Ring+BL +3xAB
    -> throw every AM on Boss you have
    -> Cast PC->Start burn
    0:14: Send the moonkin to boss (because he clicked the ring so he has to move and you can nuke)
    -Conserve as normal
    1:50: Prepare Burn: U want to have 4 Stacks AC at mark 2:00.
    2:00: Place PC, activate ring -> Start burn
    2:07: Pray the boss dont run out so much with Blitz. You can follow with good timed IF/AT/Blink
    2:15: As the moonkin activatet the ring he should stand in the middle waiting for the boss to hit him.
    P2
    3:50: Prepare for third ring-burn like above. at 1:50

In 2-3 weeks you will kill the boss in 3:30. In this case you can use the ring only 2 times, so try to explain your raid that it should be better to use it after Falling Slam because everyone should have CDs again for better nuke. U as mage should then use 2nd burn again after 1:30 so that u can burn again at 3:00 with ring.

This analysis can be done for every boss. Do it! Ofc the usage of the ring depends on your raid. If your raidleading decides the usage is better here or there then work around that.

Smaller sidefacts:
    -Reaver is a good fight for IF and a nearly godless fight for Evanesce. Caladras is using BS which is subotimal. Ravalan is using IF which is fine. Frost is using nothing which is bad.
    -Ravalan is using Cold Snap which is maybe a really really small DMG-increase. I mean reall really, your casttime for AB under BL is what? 1.1? 1.2? u reduce that for one additional spell to 1.0. Thats it. I think u loose more time pressing CS and PoM again between your casts then time u actually win by this. If Reaver is on farm you can do this but overall Caut/GInvis should be far more superior. On Reaver GInvis is very good because u can avoid Barrage, Clean debuffs, safe Artillery
    -Frost didn't used 2nd pot

Conclusion: Improve conserve, better align CDs, learn Fight patterns, improve movement. (get better trinkets )

PS: And pls pls pls someone say Caladras to get a better transmog. Im still shrouding 10 minutes after looking into armory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fourk3y View Post
    Hello there!
    After getting some gear I feel like I feel like I could be doing more dps.
    Especially with Arcane..
    ---
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Ekyu/advanced
    Last nights logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=12 (was logged in german, hopefully translate works fine)
    Looking at the Zakuun logs:
    Mana:
    General overview: Good. As u said: Sometimes there is an AB to much so you dip to low. General conclusion is better ABarr at 95% then AB on 91%. Maybe try another UI/WA/Addon to get a better and clearer look at Mana/AC to help yourself indicating whats next.
    Zakuun is an ideally fight for RoP/PC.
    Fight Pattern:
    What is going to lower my DPS?
    -Running out with SoC
    -Boss jumping around at start of P2
    -soaking puddles/defending crystals.
    If your raid sets yourself on duty for soaking puddles try to get place in the second round. If u get the first round do your job and whimp about it

If u are free of raidduty start nuking.
    5:03 means 3 uses of ring and 4 uses of PC/AP.

Sidefact: 4 uses of unglyphed AP are nearly the same as 2 uses of glyphed AP. The trick for glyphing AP lies at fights with 4 minutes or 6 minutes length where u have 3 unglyphed to 2 glyphed or 5 unglyphed to 3 glyphed. But this only as sidefact. Try to get the tome asap and u have to unglyph AP regardless of fightlength.
    Bossrota:
    Click for Throw Axe, both Seeds, Enrage
    1:27: Throw axe (start p2)
    1:35: Seed
    1:50: Seed
    2:04: End P2
    3:18: Enrage
    3:45: Seed
    4:24: Seed
    4:54: Seed
    5:03: Down
    The usage of the ring should first and for all depend on your raid. The first 2 usages are clear: At the start and after 2 minutes. This are also the times for you to place PC and nuke with AP. U dont want to use PC/AP in P2 because if u have to run out with Seed everything is destroyed. (beside the fact that u should align PC/AP to the ring)
    Third burn could then follow at 3:30 and 4th at 5:00. But as u can see the fourth would be wasted. So it would be better to use the third at 4:00 with another usage of Ring and BL (i personally wouldn't recommend using BL directly at the start of P3 at Zakuun. Use it at 3:40 so the last 20 seconds overlap with ring, but this belongs to your raid).
    But now u waste one burnphase. Whats with that?
    Assume you do 100 dps constant. AP brings 20% more dmg. PC brings 30% more dmg. Ring is 25% more dmg with 25% of all dmg done in one hit.
    Align PC to Ring:
    3 times 15 seconds with 100*1.2*1.3*1.25=195 dps with 195/25= 49 DPS from the explosion followed. So 244 DPS for 45 seconds and 100 DPS for 255 seconds which results in 36480 dmg done
    Dont Align:
    2 times 15 seconds with 100*1.2*1.3*1.25=195 dps with 195/25= 49 DPS from the explosion followed. (244 again)
    2 times 15 seconds with 100*1.2*1.3=156 dps.
    So 30 seconds 244, 30 seconds 156, 240 seconds 100 resulting in: 36000
    I know this is a very very very very simple calculation. But i think you get the point. Try to allways align PC/AP to ring.
    And in this case, u cast only 3 PCs you should again glyph AP because u will have a better burst inside of BL with third burn.

Smaller facts:
    -SN: First cast after 1:18 is bad. Get a better visual for SN.
    -5 casts RoP is also not that good. Try to come along with 1 or 2. If your raid gives u tasks like Soaking or if you see you have to run around to much then just take IF. Its makes the life far more simpler. You allready have and use IF. With IF it should be possible at zakuun to stay in RoP for a long time. Place 2 at the start with one on a side as recovery point for Befouled/Seeds in which u can Blink if needed.

tl;dr;: Align PC/AP to Ring and BL, improve Movement, improve SN-usage, polish conserverotation.

Hello,

I very reluctantly am coming to directly ask for help, I have done hours of research (on this site and others like altered time) on the 6.2 changes. I've read the guides and AT countless time for frost & arcane included but I cannot for the life of me understand the T18 changes). Hours spent on target dummying/LFR and very much want to fix this on my own but, sadly I just can't wrap my head around the T18 changes.

I've played and raided as a mage since Vanilla, I've never raided on another character other than LFR (And did raid leading too) and I have never, ever been as discouraged as I currently am with this class. In all likelihood it is something small or a series of small things that are causing my issues (other than my mana management which I am trying to improve on) but where the issues came in for me is the changes in stat priority and rotations, I feel completely and utterly clueless when it comes to Frost and Arcane now.

I am looking for any and all feedback I can get because I feel like I am a detriment to my guild atm and am considering self-benching for progression raids.

Where I feel like struggle the most: Understanding the 6.2 changes to rotation and stat weights.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: *** URLs will be posted when forums allow me but char, guild & realm are below ***

Realm: Ner'zhul
    Guild: Jolly Rogers
    Character: Seatoo

Deleted
    Logs: Jolly Rogers
    Armory: Seatoo

Prewords: 6.2 didn't change the rotation for frost or arcane drasticly. In other words: 6.2 alone changed nothing. The small changes come from trinkets and setboni.
    For Arcane you have a change by:
    PoF: Cast AM every time MoD is up regardless of AC-Stacks
    Tome: Unglyph AP! Burn as long as AP is up regardless of mana lvl then evo back when AP is over (u will dip lower the 50% most of the time but thats fine)
    Setboni doesn't change anything for arcane as they are pure passives.
    For Frost you have a change by:
    Tome: If u have a Tome u will want to cast FB before any FoF-IL (called lanceweaving). In combination with 4pc it ends in long periods where u only cast FB-IL-FB-IL-FB-IL...
    Setboni doesn't change the rota because all you got are more procs.
    If you are at the point 4pc+tome and playing arcane for singletarget and frost for cleave then enchant haste and skill UM. Both have you done so the groundings are fine. Rest depends on your personal skill.
    So lets dig up a log:

Looking at: Iron Reaver
    First: Mana!
    To say it directly: This have nothing to do with 6.2 or trinkets or whatever. This manacurve was bad in 6.0 in 6.1 and it is in 6.2.
    First burn: To late, was interrupted in between, didn't evod back
    First Conserve: Dipped to low 3 times with a huge gap at 2:10
    Second burn: Way to late. Initial was bad but burn seems right at all.
    CDs: (also no prob of 6.2)
    Length: 4:24
    1 Evo, should be 3
    2 APs, should be 3
    3 PoMs, right
    7 AOs: If you really want to play AO on singletarget then u should use in on CD and try to use it every time u have cleared AC-stacks to build up the first 2 AC-Stacks.
    But at reaver you should really skill PC or if u dont like it OP.

So conclusion: Go back read a guide again. Then go out make yourself a clear ui where u have a better view at Mana/AC-Stacks. Then go to puppet and first practic conserve. After this weave in burn.

does anyone know the mastery rating for ou'r spec's?
    how much rating do i need to get 1%...
    been looking for it for a long time but havent found any decicive number.

Deleted
    Hello !

I'm a french player who want to play again after some month of afk..
    I was playing a lot during Mist of Pandaria but lot of changes since WoD..
    Sorry for my bad english i'm trying to explain as well as possible !

So i want to know which spec i must use to optimize my DPS with my actually gear.
    And what spec you suggered for me for the rest of the PvE content.

1. For which specialization are you asking help? : Any spec (it depend on my gear)

2. My armory : eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/ysondre/Klunkenz/advanced

Thank's all mmo-champion community

Deleted
    Frost is the easiest and gear-undependent spec we have.
    So sticking to frost is nearly never wrong. Also frost will bring you as far as u want. U will maybe not all the time the best but its well enough for every scenario.
    Fire depends heavenly on crit. U can play it but your numbers will be low. And also if u dont cheese anything u will not generate high numbers in the current endgamescenario.
    Arcane is more gear dependend then frost but can produce higher singletargetnumbers in raids. But its also difficult to play.
    The current standardheroic+ raidmage with an itemlvl of 700+ is most of the time arcane/frost switching boss for boss which spec is better.
    But in general i would say play what u want. Every spec can bring you into raiding and if u are their u should be able to make yourself a mind about what u like /dont like.

Deleted
    I'd start off saying that im a mage reroll for 6.2 as my guild needed a mage and i did not have any previous mage experience. So thats sayd, i need help with fb+lance weaving as i feel like im doing something wrong there.

Logs to Velari: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=12
    Logs to Xul: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=12
    Logs to Zakuun: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce=12&fight=12
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...2%D0%BE/simple

I dont have any more logs from past week as our raid leader forgot to turn them on.

P.S no legendary ring as of yet cause no proc for map mission..

You generally Lanceweave quite well, use your CD's quite well and don't munch BF or use IL without FoF hardly ever.
    Your biggest issue is Ice Floes, or rather how you manage to never use it in a fight. You didn't use it at all on Zakuun or Xhul, and only once on Velhari. I'm kinda surprised your DPS isn't worse.

Hello All,

I am new to the mage class in wod, although I have played it mostly as an alt in previous expansions. My DPS feels a bit lack luster and I think I will be able to push a bit more, although my gear is mediocre at this time. Started raiding about 2 weeks ago with the guild.

One of my biggest gripes is not knowing how the raid team is moving in the boss fights, subsequently placing a Power Crystal on a spot when the MT moves the boss, this is making me hesitant to place PC if I am not sure if there will be movement.

Then there is the rotation, so I have been reading on MMOChamp and Altered-Time for rotation advice. And this is what I have gathered thus far.

Pre-Burn Phase :
    1. Place Runes and keep up during fight
    2. Prepot
    3. Build 4 stacks with AB

Burn Phase : >=65% Mana
    1. Cast AM to get rid of AM stacks
    2. Place Crystal
    3. Cast Arcane Power
    4. Cast Supernova >=1
    5. Cast AM when it procs
    6. Cast AB if nothing else is available.

Burn Phase : =<65% Mana
    1. Cast SuperNova >=1 stack
    2. Cast AB
    3. 50% mana cast Evocation

Conserve Phase :
    1. Cast AB till 3 stacks
    2. Cast AM if procced at 3 stacks of Arcane Charge
    3. Cast AB
    4. Dump Arcane Charges with Arcane Barage

Please let me know if there is something wrong on my rotation.

Armory : eu[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Amuret/simple
    Logs : www[dot]warcraftlogs[dot]com/reports/XbCMFg4Gh2Nm7jdt#type=damage-done&source=14

*Note that my gear is currently missing enchants as I got a few pieces of gear last night(Weapon and Helm) I have not reviewed stats on AMR yet and thus have not enchanted correctly. That said I was wearing the 4pc and swapped out the helm from Archi(Heroice) with my t18_4pc(Normal) helm to see if there is a difference in damage. I have been enchanting haste to reach the 2100 haste rating for the T18_4pc proc.

I have bad trinkets and need some gear upgrades.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Atamosk; 2015-09-29 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atamosk View Post
    Pre-Burn Phase :
    1. Place Runes and keep up during fight
    2. Prepot
    3. Build 4 stacks with AB
    Prepot includes a precast of AB at 2s before pull. This will cast your first AB at 0s.

Burn Phase : >=65% Mana
    1. Cast AM to get rid of AM stacks
    2. Place Crystal
    3. Cast Arcane Power
    4. Cast Supernova >=1
    5. Cast AM when it procs
    6. Cast AB if nothing else is available.
    Burn phase is PC/AP then nothing technically changes from your normal rotation until the end of the burn (Make sure you have AP glyphed until you pick up class trinket)
    1. If >93% cast AB
    2. If 85-93% cast SN if specced otherwise AM
    3. Once you get to 70% only use AM when if you get to 3 stacks
    4. Burn to around 50% give or take a few %
    5. Evocation.

You're aiming for around a 30s burn.

Conserve Phase :
    1. Cast AB till 3 stacks
    2. Cast AM if procced at 3 stacks of Arcane Charge
    3. Cast AB
    4. Dump Arcane Charges with Arcane Barage
    You build to 4xAC with AB and then use the same rules as burn. <93% use SN or AM, >93% AB. Make sure you weave missiles to not cap on mana. at 4xAC with 3xAM it would be AB, AM, AB, AM, AM, AB, Barrage.. Assuming no more procs of AM.

With all that said have a look at your mana graph
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...l=100&fight=21

And now have a look at how it should look
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=19&spell=100

Forget that it is a Gruul kill as this is what burns used to look like before class trinket, and what yours would look like. Using the rules above if you follow them precisely you mana will look more and more like this with practice.

Thanks for all this info Zelendria! My burn phases were very long. Will be hitting the target dummies tonight and get some practice in.

I had AP Glyphed, but I removed it to see if it provided more DPS if I have it aligned with PC. Will add the glyph again. Do you keep PC until AP comes off CD again or is PC used when it is off CD?

Is there an addon to track Mana usage over the course of a fight, outside of the warcraft logs?
    Last edited by Atamosk; 2015-09-29 at 12:28 PM.

Glyphed AP can have a higher uptime than unglyphed AP but never lower than it.
    You don't wait for it regarding PC. All that happens is that you rotate the burns so: AP/PC, next is just PC, AP/PC and so on. You could run unglyphed anyway as that would happen at the point you pick up class trinket.

Not sure about addons specifically as Weak Aura's the tool of choice for most people to track mana.
    Have a look through this thread. You may find more useful things to track than just mana
    http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=111

I am using an addon to track my mana, but I was referring to the graph that is shown on Warcraft Logs. Is there an addon that would give you a log like that in-game without having to track in real-time without having to upload long target dummy tests.

I have tried recount, but it only shows mana gains when you pop evocation and not your mana usage over the whole fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am using an addon to track my mana, but I was referring to the graph that is shown on Warcraft Logs. Is there an addon that would give you a log like that in-game without having to track in real-time without having to upload long target dummy tests.

I have tried recount, but it only shows mana gains when you pop evocation and not your mana usage over the whole fight.
    I don't know of an addon that does that specifically. I'm pretty confident that you could make a WA that would plot your mana over time although you'd probably only be able to see as much as was on the graph at the time, it wouldn't be something you could scroll back through to analyze. And it would take scripting skills way, way beyond what I know.

The simplest way to look at that is just going to be logging it - live logging means you can see it quickly, but not in game in real time of course.

Deleted
    Hi guys,

Just starting to raid on my mage any am enjoying frost and have enjoyed arcane in the past. I come seeking help on if I am best playing arcane until I get more tier 18? Or just stick with frost to get used to it.

You can check armoey: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Gazbow/simple
    and here are my most recent logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=0&end=8705857

Hopefully some more experienced mages can enlighten me of my mistakes and what I can do to improve. Especially talent and when to hold CDs to line up for 1 less if it matches with BL

Thanks for reading ty.

Hello fellow mages,

I've been raiding on my mage since the beginning of this expansion and I feel like I got the general idea of arcane (which isn't too terrible). I'm very competitive person and I'm trying to squeeze out as much dps as I possibly can. I was hoping someone could analyze a pull (pugged) I did on Zakuun to try and find any glaring problems.

Log: warcraftlogs.com/reports/8yBmrb1gF6Cw3tHj/#type=damage-done
    I know my uptime was meh on this pull. I was trying to type to people to indicate what to do mid fight so I kind of lost out on some active time. In addition, someone used ring the second time at an awkward point.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Smellydog/simple just in case. I know I need to change my gems

Again, I think my dps is only okay for my ilvl. I'm really looking for any kinds of tips or advice to help me improve. Any feedback is much appreciated!

Deleted
    @Gazbow/The bhoy:
    First remark: With your itemlvl i would advise staying frost. Its the more stable spec with consistend DPS. Arcane is better on Singletarget but you need the right equip for it.
    Second remark: You dont have ring/4pc/tome or another HfC-Trinket. So dont expect the most DPS at all.
    Looking at Council 12. October:
    Casts:
    68 ILs vs 63 FoFs (dont cast IL without FoF)
    30 FFBs vs 33 BFs (dont waste BF)
    7 FOs (fine)
    3 IVs (fine, also synced with FO)
    3 WJs (way to low)
    No T15-talent used (bad)
    8 casts RoP (uptime: 98%)
    Conclusion:
    WJ on CD. Its 2 free FoFs every 30 seconds. U want them. U need them. Get them!
    8 RoPs is way to much. Fightlength was 6:5 which would ideally mean 2 casts with preset runes. Maybe 3 or 4 is possible when someone screws your RoP with reap. But 8 is to much. If your raid or you have to much problems with the rune take IF.
    Second: Moving. 5 ILs without FoF, 8 RoPs and no T15-talent used are generally a remark for bad movement. Take and learn IceFloes. Its the most common and best talent for most of the fights.

tl;dr: Use WJ on CD. Improve movement. Use T15 talents. Dont overcast RoP.

- - - Updated - - -

@Smellydog/Sixel:
    Only 2 small hints:
    The evo after the first burn was interrupted leaving you in some no-mana-no-dmg-land.
    You allways cast AP 0.5 seconds before PC. So you allways loose 1.5-2.0 seconds of AP which is not advised. AP allways in the GCD after PC.
    As general hint: Arcane is not difficult at all its just really unforgiving. Your small mistake (clipping evo) leads to a longer time doing lesser dmg. As Frost a wasted Proc is a small los. As arcane one wrong cast can srew your whole DPS.
    So if u try to get a group through some instance maybe its better to go frost for more consistent DPS and a greater forgivness. But this is ONLY a hint. Your general rotation is good so go with what u like more.

Hello.

I represent a semi-hardcore russian guild. I am eager to understand, what's wrong with a couple of my players.

Thank you very much for such an attentive and friendly community, I use to get much info from this forum. Hope, you will help me to understand the problems with two mages from my raid.

Their nicknames are Рэйч and Мэгами. The first mage got problems with arcane (I just don't know what to do. She uses to say something about proc's and crystalls (her tallent)). And usually both of them got some problems with frost. From time to time they make nice dps, although on some bosses I see a great difference between their damage and the damage from my main mage (Энви).

Here are their armories: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%B1%D1%83%D1%85%D1%82%D0%B0/%D0%9C%D1%8D%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B8/advanced (Мэгами - second mage)

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%B1%D1%83%D1%85%D1%82%D0%B0/%D0%A0%D1%8D%D0%B9%D1%87/advanced (Рэйч - first mage)

Here are the logs, where you can see Рэйч (first mage) in arcane spec. warcraftlogs.com/reports/vkajgYXJBDVCzNpt#fight=17

These logs were written yesterday. There are Archimonde, Socrethar and Vehlari.
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/yraHVX641fGmhWtz#fight=7 (Archimonde), warcraftlogs.com/reports/yraHVX641fGmhWtz#fight=14 (Socrethar), warcraftlogs.com/reports/yraHVX641fGmhWtz# (Vehlari)

This is the log with Gorefiend. I believe, it also has sense to see this encounter, because it's all about the logic of using you cds. warcraftlogs.com/reports/a2YbzrJ8mNB1DAWj#fight=21

Thank you for attention!
    Last edited by Zaaradeath; 2015-10-14 at 01:37 PM.

I'll refer to them as Penn and Maram

Penn
    Was Frost which isn't optimal, but that doesn't matter
    Took Thermal Void when he should really be using PC if he is adamant playing Frost on ST fights especially Gorefiend with 0 movement to worry about.
    He used Icy Veins on opener which means it is on CD for the first feast. This is amplified by the fact you Lust on first feast so he's losing huge amount of damage. Also he should build up FoF before using IV otherwise you're wasting the timer straight away, when specced into Thermal Void, especially if you're waiting for FO to proc.
    He pops FO on opener. I find using FO on opener followed by WJ has you quickly out of FoF charges with both spells still on CD. So I tend to WJ, then FO then WJ when it's back off CD, and usually have a higher uptime on FoF charges that way around.
    He has 53 FoF charges, but 63 IL casts so he cast 10 very weak IL's. These numbers need to be as close to each other as possible.
    31 BF charges 32 FFB casts. This is better and what the IL cast should look like.
    Only used 1 Int pot. Didn't use one on the opener when he used his CD's.
    WJ use is good. Infact I'd go as far to say he's macroed it into a spell. While they will have great uptime it can cast onto mobs almost dead outside of Gorefiend which is a total waste.

Penn in Arcane has pretty bad mana usage. He should jump over to Altered Time, read, digest and practice Arcane. There is no clear conserve/burn phase which is what Arcane is all about

Maram does some things right that Penn didn't

Saved first CD for Lust feast.
    Used 2 Int Pots

Things he needs to sort.

Went the same talent build as Penn. Really should consider trying PC on Gorefiend
    FO cast only twice in 5:30. Last one is cast on first feast so that's 3m without using it.
    Has good FoF to IL casts
    Bad BF to FFB casts. Munched 6 BF, which on ST is the undisputed king of DPS. You can't waste this proc when you have it
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-10-14 at 02:12 PM.