Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredimage View Post
    Don't wait, splitting is a 0% DPS increase and there is a weird bug where if crystal fades the moment before ring explodes it will split and you'll lose half your ring. The exception is Gorefiend during Feast of Souls who will take extra damage from the ring hitting the PC but I can't tell you if that's actually worth. 10 seconds left on ring would be the right time to do it if you're going for him.
    So to be acccurate, when the ring explodes and hits the crystal the crystal will not in turn pulse that damage to surrounding enemies?

ATM I have been popping AP on pull and ABx4 (use am missles if they are up) then place crystal and go ham while ring is up.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    So to be acccurate, when the ring explodes and hits the crystal the crystal will not in turn pulse that damage to surrounding enemies?

ATM I have been popping AP on pull and ABx4 (use am missles if they are up) then place crystal and go ham while ring is up.
    Crystal itself also splits damage so there is no benefit but you won't lose anything either. If you have a max ring you should just place your crystal just before or at the beginning of the ring and pop AP immediately after. If ring is popped on the pull then you'll do your precast AB on the boss then place PC then pop AP.
    Incredimage on Illidan-US: Armory | Logs
    Alts: Paladin | Priest

Deleted
    Hey there,

I am looking for input about my DPS as fire. I primarily play frost, but since it tends to fall behind on non-cleave fights I am trying to learn fire. My gear is not entirely optimal, but self-buffed I have 40,27% crit, 29,18% mastery, 21% haste and 18,67% multi.

(sorry about the broken links, can't post them yet, just remove spaces)

My gear: eu battle net/wow/en/character/nagrand/Dangoth/simple

Video of me doing an opener with a combust rotation and a few seconds of standard rotation : www youtube com/watch?v=9vBD0PUZ-Is

I got combustion to 18k only with 3 pyros and blastwaves.

Could anybody chip in with what am I doing incorrectly? Am I doing something wrong with my rotation? Is lack of crit and/or mastery holding me back?

Thanks in advance for going over this.
    Last edited by mmoccbb66b8019; 2016-04-09 at 03:22 PM.

You desperately need Sandman's pouch to play fire. You could get away with Goren's soul repository but Sandman's is easier to get and works better with the ring. Playing fire without a crit trinket is like playing a rogue with 1 weapon so that will help you a lot.

Really though you should check out this thread on Altered-time where a bunch of smart people have been explaining and debating how to play fire.

https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...6481c5bfb073a3
    Incredimage on Illidan-US: Armory | Logs
    Alts: Paladin | Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredimage View Post
    You desperately need Sandman's pouch to play fire. You could get away with Goren's soul repository but Sandman's is easier to get and works better with the ring. Playing fire without a crit trinket is like playing a rogue with 1 weapon so that will help you a lot.

Really though you should check out this thread on Altered-time where a bunch of smart people have been explaining and debating how to play fire.
    I've read the thread and I am following the guidelines there. That is why I am surprised at the low output. But I understand that the crit trinket is a must. I will see what I can do, money is tight so I may go for a goren soul repository if I can loot it. Thanks!

Deleted
    Hi all,

I just simmed my mage (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Javac/advanced) and for some reason simcraft is putting haste at 12.41, whilst It is only 13.97 and SP 12.12. Basically, Haste is so good for me right now that its actually closing in on Int. I thought once an Arcane Mage his ~2100 haste, haste would start to fall off, or at least even out with Mastery. That was being the case, but since I got my latest upgrade Haste has rocketed forwards again.

Basically, could someone explain to me why this is the case, and if its just a 'theoretical' DPS thing, and actually for progress on the last 3 bosses of HFC (Xhul, Mann, Arch mythic) I should actually be moving towards Mastery? It feels very wrong to me that Haste is continuing to be the best stat, so I defer to you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't focus on the 2100 number, that is just a very rough guideline that is good in a specific gearset that you probably don't have. On long fights haste is king for a very long time. When I sim myself on fight lengths around what I kill Archimonde in, haste has a stat weight of around 20, which is quite a bit above intellect. That's just the way it is on long fights, nothing weird about that. For reference, typically I sit at somewhere in the region of 2250-2300 haste. I could go much higher, but choose not to.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

So curious, for chest is WF or Socket better. More specifically, I have a Heroic WF tier18 Chest, and a Heroic Socket T18 chest, which is better?

Socket is better I believe. It's a marginal gain from a WF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    This is my mage alt: HERE

I was wondering if I should replace my 735 Mark of Ice with the crafted ring and upgrade it to 725 for better itemization/dps?

Arcane
    Those are very obscure areas to say intuitively and they usually require a simulation. Arcane though is a very simple spec in those things. It usually likes higher ilevel most else being equal, and on secondaries it doesn't have severe preferences, it likes mastery or/and haste best but crit and multistrike aren't far back with only versatility being more behind.

So I am just curious as to your guys stat priority. I have seen many different approaches from 13/13M mages. Some like haste, some go straight mastery, and others balance their haste/crit/multi. What have you found to be the best approach.

Deleted
    Hello, Just wonder if any of you guys can look over our mages performances, especially lamza. I have never played a mage and cant really go in and nitpick about their playstyle, especially now with trinkets and crystals and stuff.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/x8Bz3FKgYJ47rW2R

thanks in advance

//Blu

Hey there,i'm currently playing as frost and just dropped heroic archi trinket and was wondering if it's worth replace my current trinkets which are the heirloom trinket from mythic dungeons and Coagulated Genesaur Blood (Mythic warforged and 2/2 upgrades)
    Last edited by Carimbim; 2016-05-18 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    Without question

Hi,
    im raiding with arcane mage few months, but my dps si very low. I dont know where im making mistakes (im using this rotation: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arcane-...owns-abilities without RoP). I think, that i should deal way more dmg with my gear. Please if you notice anything, that can help me, it would be great
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onicjin/simple
    logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Gdn1AhTq2PK9kYgF (mythic mannoroth)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...87059/latest/# (other fights)

thank you for advices
    Last edited by Tonicjin; 2016-06-03 at 05:02 PM.

So what tends to be our best stat outside of mastery.

The reason I ask, currently im running Heroic tier shoulders, mythic archi belt, mythic warforged tyrant gloves (crit multi). I am wondering if switching to the mythic pilot pauldrons, mythic fel lord belt (hast mast), and mythic tier gloves will be a dps increase or a dps loss?

This is for arcane btw.

hi this is my mage "Adsol-Ragnaros" (i can put the link :v)
    idk why i loss a lot of dps :c

Deleted
    They just launch individually as normal if they are excess.

I am a fire mage

I have 3 possible trinkets right now, which combination should I use?

[An'she's Infusion of Light] - iLvl 835, 1073 int, 882 crit

[Faulty Countermeasure] - iLvl 840, 898 crit, Use: Sheathe your weapons in ice for 30 sec, giving your attacks a chance to cause 45413 additional Frost damage and slow the target's movement speed by 30% for 8 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)

[Moonlit Prism] - iLvl 840, 898 haste, Use: Increases your Agility or Intellect by 178 for 20 sec. Your ranged attacks and spells cause this effect to stack, up to 20 times. (1 Min, 30 Sec Cooldown)

Thank you!

Deleted
    Fire mage
    Armory
    WoWprogress

I need help, guys. My dps is really shit and I don't know how I could make it better...

I do my rotation by the "icy veins" guide (AOE, pull, normal) and yet my max dps is 157k and the average is 120k.
    There are 2 other mages with almost the same ilvl (but a little bit more crit) in my guild who can make steady 320k and 356k+ on some fights.
    These numbers based on normal EN 7/7 bosses.

I will lose my raid spot if I cannot fix my dps until next week.

Thank you!
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2016-09-24 at 07:26 AM.