Thread: arms stats 6.0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Askmrrobot tells me that shadowmourne is bis for arms, is it bugging out for me or whats up with that? i mean i have the weapon myself...
    Also tells me to gem full haste?
    Last edited by mmoc207411fc90; 2014-10-15 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2TU24 View Post
    Askmrrobot tells me that shadowmourne is bis for arms, is it bugging out for me or whats up with that? i mean i have the weapon myself...
    Also tells me to gem full haste?
    Legendary weapon procs weren't downscaled with the squish. Should be fixed sometime this week.

Deleted
    I see, i see, will test it out today in a raid, would be cool to see the results. And the haste part? atm i am siting on 98% mastery and 45% crit/15% crit, so should i go with it and gem full haste? i know it is early but maby some of you have tested it out in the actual boss fight.

Deleted
    am gemed full haste atm as the guids said.

My guess about the Haste thing is due to auto-attacks being the primary source of Rage generation for Arms now. More Rage = more WW uses.

Deleted
    What about pvp . Wouldn`t haste be a good option combined with sudden doom? More haste = more chances for execute procs,more ww and more rage. Does haste effect rend tics ? So i`m thinking for pvp haste>mastery=crit . Cs smash damage is not that important , so mastery is useful only for ms and execute, and if you get parried/doged you`re fed if you go full mastery

Quote Originally Posted by AndreiBD View Post
    What about pvp . Wouldn`t haste be a good option combined with sudden doom? More haste = more chances for execute procs,more ww and more rage. Does haste effect rend tics ? So i`m thinking for pvp haste>mastery=crit . Cs smash damage is not that important , so mastery is useful only for ms and execute, and if you get parried/doged you`re fed if you go full mastery
    Haste doesn't affect Rend. It reduces the GCD, the CD of MS and TC, and increases swing speed. Parries are far less common it feels like in PVP, but in arenas, being able to just cleave down everyone with WW would put haste pretty high up. Crits do 50% less damage in PVP, so that option might be out the window. Multistrike and Versatility are looking solid, as well.

Deleted
    Multistrike and Crit are both nerfed in PvP so I´m pretty sure you will be stacking mastery + versatility in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zederren View Post
    Haste doesn't affect Rend. It reduces the GCD, the CD of MS and TC, and increases swing speed. Parries are far less common it feels like in PVP, but in arenas, being able to just cleave down everyone with WW would put haste pretty high up. Crits do 50% less damage in PVP, so that option might be out the window. Multistrike and Versatility are looking solid, as well.
    oooh I didn`t know the crit nerf made it to live...so that puts crit lower on the board.
    I`m ok with what you said just one thing you will VERY likely NOT hit more than one target and maybe a pet with ww in arena since most good comps dont run with 2 melles

People saying Shadowmourne is BIS are hilarious. Just comparing to my Mythic Thok Polearm (non WF) weapon here Shadowmourne gives me

139 Weapon dps loss (about 1/4 of the damage)
    74 Str lost
    50 haste lost
    74 mastery vs 11 crit (so 63 stats lost)
    2 sockets gained
    270 STR Proc with high uptime
    Chaos Bane damage proc (which is so low it makes no difference at all).

Somehow I don't think a 270 STR Proc + 2 sockets beats out a weapon with almost 4x as much damage and 187 more static stats.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-10-16 at 10:18 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

TSG might be making a comeback for some mad cleaving action

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    People saying Shadowmourne is BIS are hilarious. Just comparing to my Mythic Thok Polearm (non WF) weapon here Shadowmourne gives me

139 Weapon dps loss (about 1/4 of the damage)
    74 Str lost
    50 haste lost
    74 mastery vs 11 crit (so 63 stats lost)
    2 sockets gained
    270 STR Proc with high uptime
    Chaos Bane damage proc (which is so low it makes no difference at all).

Somehow I don't think a 270 STR Proc + 2 sockets beats out a weapon with almost 4x as much damage and 187 more static stats.
    Don't think anyone has been saying that Shadowmourne/Thunderfury were better than Mythic stuff. Compared to Normal and Heroic though, better or about the same, respectively.

Won't matter once the procs get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Don't think anyone has been saying that Shadowmourne/Thunderfury were better than Mythic stuff. Compared to Normal and Heroic though, better or about the same, respectively.

Won't matter once the procs get nerfed.
    I still disagree, I'm seeing 20-30% less dps while using Shadowmourne vs 575 Warforged Garrosh Axe with Arms/Fury. It makes no actual logical sense that a 270str proc can outclass the massive weapon dps and passive stat loss. And as for Warglaives even more so.

It's not even 270 STR all the time either, it builds up from nothing with the lower stacks being very small (10 str at one stack). The damage proc is also very insignificant. I'm honestly starting to think that people just believe there is something mystical about the orange writing and that allows them to simply believe that despite what they are seeing (that is, a massive downgrade) they are still trying to convince themselves that because it is "Legendary" it is good.

I could go into a raid with Shadowmourne and do well because the rest of my gear will carry it, it still doesn't stop it from being crap relative to a level 90 weapon though.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-10-16 at 04:44 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I still disagree, I'm seeing 20-30% less dps while using Shadowmourne vs 575 Warforged Garrosh Axe with Arms/Fury. It makes no actual logical sense that a 270str proc can outclass the massive weapon dps and passive stat loss. And as for Warglaives even more so.

It's not even 270 STR all the time either, it builds up from nothing with the lower stacks being very small (10 str at one stack). The damage proc is also very insignificant. I'm honestly starting to think that people just believe there is something mystical about the orange writing and that allows them to simply believe that despite what they are seeing (that is, a massive downgrade) they are still trying to convince themselves that because it is "Legendary" it is good.

I could go into a raid with Shadowmourne and do well because the rest of my gear will carry it, it still doesn't stop it from being crap relative to a level 90 weapon though.
    Maybe the comparisons were being made to zero upgrade weapons. All I know is that anyone using Warglaives is an idiot considering the only useful proc is the Haste proc, which is much weaker compared to the other Legendaries.