Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    The run animations look "bouncy" because they're supposed to resemble a human running. I am guessing the majority of you do not run much or see other humans running. So I understand how they look strange in your eyes.
    The Male NE run animation is TOO bouncy. reminds one of the pandaren run. The female human run is fine i think. Its not overly bouncy. Night elf run animation ARE overly bouncy.

You guys need a cartload of cheese with the amount of whine in this post, holy crap.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-10-24 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    You guys need a cartload of cheese with the amount of whine in this post, holy crap.
    Oh hey, haven't heard that joke a thousand times already. You could try a little harder to troll y'know.

Deleted
    Wow's new models are so ugly... I mistook a screenshot for a picture of your mother.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2014-10-27 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people linking old outdated pictures and whining? So fucking stupid. The vast majority of the updates were amazing and this is coming from someone with a male night elf main, generally considered to be the worst of the updates. But it grew on me quickly and it's not even remotely a big deal, though I would like to see some stuff tweaked. This thread is just another example of herd mentality. "Wow's new models are so ugly." Fucking ludicrous. Have you seen new female tauren compared to old in a side by side? Just stop. Give constructive criticism but stop the over-exaggerations FFS.

Threads like this should get deleted, they serve no purpose other than to provide a place where entitled people can congregate and nonstop bitch about how shitty the game they continue to play is and to spread misinformation because they're bored or upset. Feedback is good, mindless bitching and stupid comparisons to different games with different engines is not. It's embarrassing.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    I don't see why people are complaining. If you don't like the updated models then turn them off. No one is making you use them.I myself don't really care either way, what they look like because I am always so zoomed out.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do not like the new models just turn the old character models option on. Problem solved.

How the models could have looked:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-stages)/page3

How they ended up looking:

Pretty depressing... :/ Honestly wonder if Blizzard even has a clue anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Playerbase: make us look like this!

What we got:

<--- doesn't even look black

????
    My character is still an ugly bum with 2004-2007ish quality graphics. The damn Vyrkul from WOTLK/3 expacs ago/2008 look better than us.
    My thoughts EXACTLY. This is why I'm disappointed. "Cartoony graphics" is not an excuse. Blizzard has made incredible models in the past. I loved Worgen and Goblin (minus some of the animations). There are many great NPC models. There was so much potential here. Instead, we're getting a couple of nice models and a lot of crappy ones.

I also don't understand - if you're going to give players an option to keep the old models, why bother limiting yourself by trying to make the new ones look so similar to the old ones? What's the point, if people can revert back to the old ones whenever they want? Why not get more creative?
    Last edited by Akami74; 2014-10-24 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    The run animations look "bouncy" because they're supposed to resemble a human running. I am guessing the majority of you do not run much or see other humans running. So I understand how they look strange in your eyes.
    No mortal creature runs like some of the models do, perhaps some elder god composed of pure chaos, but no mortal.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akami74 View Post
    I also don't understand - if you're going to give players an option to keep the old models, why bother limiting yourself by trying to make the new ones look so similar to the old ones? What's the point, if people can revert back to the old ones whenever they want? Why not get more creative?
    The point of reverting to the old ones was to save PC resources to allow better performance, they're not there in case you don't like the new ones. And what if you prefer some, but not all of the new ones, but your character just happens to be one with a better old model?

Two issues i got with the new models:

1. A lot of female faces (almost all human female faces) have that shocked/surprised face.
    I do not know why is that so, makes no sense to me to have a character's face permanently stuck in a shocked/surprised state.

2. The night elf female running head-bounce is RIDICULOUSLY huge!
    She looks like she is intentionally hopping/jumping during her movement, it is just a very awful addition to the running animations.
    I have nelf female characters since vanilla and i found the old bounce kinda okay, but the new bounce is just WAY TOO MUCH!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Comparing more realistic graphics to WoW's cartoony graphics...
    ^This!

Blizzard never aimed for realistic models, dunno why people keep comparing it to it..
    I can see why people are disappointed that their RP char isnt looking like it used to - But other than that, I can´t see the big problem!
    Though I must agree that male trolls run really wierd :P

(Side note: If people are mad about the goofy models.. Why aren´t people mad about the goofy quests, pop-culture references and lore that doesn´t fit?

Don´t see many people complaining about that)

Mission tonight: log in alts and /dance. Those faces are ridiculous! I gotta see for myself...

I don't mind most of the new models and have been playing with them on. My main issues are my female white coated tauren has a pink nose and it just looks weird. I have a female tauren with black coat and she looks fine, although I wish the teeth were less prominent. My undead female has those black leather straps and I wish there were wider, but not a huge issue for me. Gnome eyes creep me out a bit and they generally look on the angry side, could use some cheering up in my book. Loving my orc, troll, and draenei girls. Tauren male walk is weird and they went a little too goofy to me. I don't have an issue with goofy, especially in WoW, but I felt the old tauren models were a little more intimidating whereas these new ones are more comical so it is more a matter of not matching the mood of the old models.

am a bit bored with all those threads that are stating about how the graphics are not close to reality, and how the new models havent improved etc... It was an improvement massive, there is room for some fixes on several classes but...

Also look at blizzards games ? u want graphics? D3? Starcraft 2 ? etc etc they all got nice graphics... what blizzard wanted to keep was the cartoonish style of wow, and not turn it into an mmo like aion etc... Ncsoft on the other hand is focusing on more realistic styles and look at their mmos they are all bad... whY? cause better graphics need higher maintenance.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing that bugs me about most of the races updates are the hairstyles/facial hair. a lot of them (dwarves withstanding, because a god worked on those models) look like the characters are wearing wigs made of limp lasagna noodles, and a lot of the facial hair for humans just looks odd

other than that the only things that stand out for me are the night elf male (just everything about them seems a tad off right now) and some minor animation bugs that need to be changed. for not even taking a full year to produce, the models are pretty damn good for the most part
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

human females do have an eyebrow problem. they're way too far above the eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    the only thing that bugs me about most of the races updates are the hairstyles/facial hair. a lot of them (dwarves withstanding, because a god worked on those models) look like the characters are wearing wigs made of limp lasagna noodles
    +1, that's probably what I find most annoying about the new models, pretty much every hairstyle for undeads looks like a wig (thank god the good old Vurtne hairstyle doesn't!). Other than that though, I quite enjoy the new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Why are people linking old outdated pictures and whining? So fucking stupid.
    Threads like this should get deleted, they serve no purpose other than to provide a place where entitled people can congregate and nonstop bitch about how shitty the game they continue to play is and to spread misinformation because they're bored or upset.
    It's embarrassing.
    I agree with this 100%. I don't think the model update is perfect, but I am more than happy with it. I came in here to see some legitimate complaints and concerns, and all I see is outdated pics and screenshots from the modelviewer which is known to be completely whacked. Clearly I came to the wrong place.

This was what blizzard was worried about tbh They was so hesitant about updating the models, because of the countless peoples who would complain about them. Sure the new models have things wrong with them, but they are vast upgrades, If you dont like them dont use them, thats why they put in the option to turn them off.