Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooving my Tauren at the moment! Runner up, my dwarf!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Gnome casting animation, they look like something hits them when they fire off the spell. Is that supposed to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    except human males, i am pretty happy with the new models

(my poor human mage.. why!! oh god why!)
    http://oi62.tinypic.com/xmtt7k.jpg

Deleted
    Last edited by mmocd21b4bac89; 2014-10-15 at 11:25 AM.

They seem to have nailed it with Horde characters, but I'm yet to find an Alliance toon that doesn't look like they just stopped trying. And none of them bear any sort of resemblance to the old models. Not even close.

Deleted
    Just noticed that my female draenei's horns disappear when I zoom out enough. Leaves me with two big holes in the head. Looks lovely.

Deleted
    Really all you people do is moan.

I've been following this thread since yesterday, since I'm dead bored at the office
    And I must say that this is one of the funniest threads I have read in a long time now..
    Since I can't play I'm just following all the news and drooling... But this thread made my week....
    I've been laughing so hard my colleagues think I'm a psychopath...
    Keep posting pictures, this shit is golden!

Troll males run like Usain Bolt going for the gold and Orcs run like a cross between a Panda and an ape.... ugh
    And shepherds we shall be...

I love the way my new cow model looks, but the shoulders/helmet scaling is off. The shoulders are too small and set too close to each other, and the helmet is too big.

Before (left), After (right)

The problem persists with other gear. And it's helmets in particular that are the problem. The head itself is well scaled:

The sad part is I'm not even half surprised at how bad some of these look. IMO no one really should be after the atrocity that ended up being female worgen. I seriously doubt blizz will ever change these new models.

I main a fem troll and I think it looks fine, but I'm unsubbed and haven't seen the thing move, so I can't be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    They gave human and draenei males some awfully bloated/round looking faces.
    Overall I think humans look like apes now (female doesnt look any better).

I found a good topic in their official forums where people compare the models, the diferences are huge.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1968093?page=1

Its worth reading. The pictures the players are sharing shows up how messed the new models are.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

I'm very disappointed with how terrible some of the facial fixes are. I expected the ArtCrafts to accurately represent what they were shifting and changing, while keeping faith in them to fix the other faces. I wish I did not because outside of a select few faces -- it's the same god damn face in another pose. I suppose it's because they didn't think ahead and realize how much of a burden it would be to actually redesign facial structures inside their models.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    except human males, i am pretty happy with the new models

(my poor human mage.. why!! oh god why!)
    http://oi62.tinypic.com/xmtt7k.jpg
    That poor transmog has nothing to do with the new models.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

All my Orcs bounce when they run. It's kind of odd. They've also cut some weight. Maybe they have stopped eating red meat..........nah.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Orcs look awesome, so it's your fault for not playing the supreme race and enjoying the changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Comparing WoW style models to games with vastly different aesthetics, themes and style. Not to mention that they aren't supposed to increase the system reqs.

Are you pretending to be stupid or are you just stupid?

I've barely heard a single complaint ingame. I was expecting a goddamn nuclear winter of frozen tears.
    That alone speaks plenty of how well done the new models actually are. They don't look out of place, nor do they look too different from the original.

Funny how much of the "ugliness" comes from facial emotes that the decade old models couldn't even do
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-10-15 at 01:44 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

The new character movement animations are awful other than that I don't care about updated models.

Too bad Blizz does not poach devs from EvE Online, their characters look great and the game is older than WoW.

Michael Morhaime get your butt to Iceland and hire some devs.
    Last edited by Muddysmind; 2014-10-15 at 01:56 PM.

My problem is not so much the looks but the new animations.

The new runs are just, blaaaargh.