Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    kill the bloods around the centre and they'll head to the nearest tentacle spot, can use that to get 9 stacks around the same spot, summon the add and do it.

If they make it to the tentacle spot they respawn, you just kill it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Not really "hard", but super obnoxious and tedious running back and forth. Wish this was skippable including the RP + drake trash event before Ultraxxion.

Thankfully, I won the heroic drake back in current content but I'm working towards Ultraxion's and the Blazing Drake. (normal madness)
    Stay salty my friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You could not have missed the point of the nerfs any harder if you had tried purposely. Fixing broken abilities in the game after stat squish != Blizz wanting you to suddenly be able to solo fights you could not in 5.4. They have stated NUMEROUS times that they only intended for us to be able to keep soloing things we could ALREADY solo before 6.0,

Also, the person you quoted was using Fury of Frostmourne as an example of a 'raid wiper' mechanic (mechanics that are designed to 1shot you) that are prevelant in old raid bosses. I'm afraid it's you who needs to quit talking out his arse.
    Yeap, they totally needed to fix those broken abilities for the tons of level 80 people who raid that place daily. Get a grip on reality.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    You and many others are completely missing the point. Thorim's death orb made it practically impossible to solo other than by cheesing the mechanics, they just made it possible to actually do the fight. Spine is perfectly doable on 10/25N by any and all classes (and prior to this patch I don't think many or any class could do 25N), and was made even more so by them removing fiery grip. Blood corruption: Death was always a 1 shot mechanic and part of the fight.

Also to note, the purpose of the changes they made to old raids wasn't to make it so anyone and everyone could solo every fight. If that was their goal they would have made Dreamwalker in ICC soloable by non-healing classes; instead they made it possible to skip.
    You couldn't clear ICC solo as a non healing class prior to Valithria being made skippable. They made it skippable, because you could pretty easily solo the rest of it, but were blocked by that specific boss. If they didn't want you to solo things, they would've kept it the way it was. That ain't hard to grasp is it?

Also, we clearly were discussing heroic spine instead of normal, which at the moment can be killed on your own but only if you have dispels, which again promotes exclusivity. They can easily make the Blood Corruption Death do less damage, but still oneshot level 85 players, so that the fight's mechanics don't change. At any rate it won't be that big a deal since at level 100 we'll once again have enough HP to straight up survive the blood corruption, but it's pretty unbalanced at the moment.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Yeap, they totally needed to fix those broken abilities for the tons of level 80 people who raid that place daily. Get a grip on reality.

You couldn't clear ICC solo as a non healing class prior to Valithria being made skippable. They made it skippable, because you could pretty easily solo the rest of it, but were blocked by that specific boss. If they didn't want you to solo things, they would've kept it the way it was. That ain't hard to grasp is it?

Also, we clearly were discussing heroic spine instead of normal, which at the moment can be killed on your own but only if you have dispels, which again promotes exclusivity. They can easily make the Blood Corruption Death do less damage, but still oneshot level 85 players, so that the fight's mechanics don't change. At any rate it won't be that big a deal since at level 100 we'll once again have enough HP to straight up survive the blood corruption, but it's pretty unbalanced at the moment.
    While you couldn't clear it on a non healer there were more than enough ways to bypass Valithria and finish the rest of the instance.

Any tips for mages to solo Spine 10 HC? I started it but I haven't seen any chances to get him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Thought tehy made survival instincts universal?
    Nope...
    First they gave SI to all specs.. Then they buffed SI... Then they removed it from Balance and Resto..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold made a good guide on how to solo it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9_bIAsDDRw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adi91 View Post
    Any tips for mages to solo Spine 10 HC? I started it but I haven't seen any chances to get him
    Without at least a mythic Juggernaut Crystal and a Healer Legendary cape you will stand no chance.

I was only able to solo heroic spine after I went prot with the tank cloak

No class without any type of a direct heal spell would ever be able to complete Valithria no matter what level of gear they had, so without them completely changing the core mechanics of the fight the only option was to make it a skippable fight. Spine has no such barrier; at some point you will outgear every aspect of that fight, just not right at this very moment like many people so desperately want. It isn't a question of whether or not they want you to solo, it's a question of if they still want you to actually work for what you are soloing. That ain't hard to grasp is it?

Soloing has never been fair for everyone, just like how 1v1/2v2 pvp is not properly balanced. As I've said previously, there are certain classes *cough*DK*cough* that have been able to solo for far longer than any other class in the game, but that didn't make blizzard buff the solo capabilities of the other classes nor nerf the ones that could (with the exception of the 80/85 twinks). Some classes have mechanics that make it possible for them to solo particular fights long before everyone else, while everyone else has to wait until they can outgear it enough to completely ignore most or all mechanics. That is more or less what the entire pve side of the game revolves around -- either have the skill/capability to do something now or get the gear to trivialize it later.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    After trying and struggling last week i´ve approached this thread yesterday, following some tips i have managed it take it down kinda easily.
    The only main problem was the dance between left and right rolling when Amalg spawned. From second plate it was breeze since the many bloods were everywhere..

No class without any type of a direct heal spell would ever be able to complete Valithria no matter what level of gear they had, so without them completely changing the core mechanics of the fight the only option was to make it a skippable fight. Spine has no such barrier; at some point you will outgear every aspect of that fight, just not right at this very moment like many people so desperately want. It isn't a question of whether or not they want you to solo, it's a question of if they still want you to actually work for what you are soloing. That ain't hard to grasp is it?
    This is only true because they made the legendary healing cloak unobtainable to new characters as of 6.0 - a mage did manage the fight using the cloaks proc + juggernaut trinket, and this tactic would be significantly easier with mass amounts of leech gear and more innate dps.

It would still be an unreasonable requirement imo, though.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

This is only true because they made the legendary healing cloak unobtainable to new characters as of 6.0 - a mage did manage the fight using the cloaks proc + juggernaut trinket, and this tactic would be significantly easier with mass amounts of leech gear and more innate dps.

It would still be an unreasonable requirement imo, though.
    And that in turn would end up with a thread like this where people are complaining that they can't solo it on 25H because her health drops too fast for them to heal it so blizzard should remove the health deterioration. :P
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

The only reason things are getting changed is because blizzard is doing damage control. If they hadn't made the buff too strong in the first place on live NONE of this would've happened, and they have enough on their plate with the stat squish at max level that low level stuff is just "fix it if someone complains"

That's about spine, moreso than valithria.

15+ Year Old Account

Soloing has never been fair for everyone, just like how 1v1/2v2 pvp is not properly balanced. As I've said previously, there are certain classes *cough*DK*cough* that have been able to solo for far longer than any other class in the game, but that didn't make blizzard buff the solo capabilities of the other classes nor nerf the ones that could (with the exception of the 80/85 twinks). Some classes have mechanics that make it possible for them to solo particular fights long before everyone else, while everyone else has to wait until they can outgear it enough to completely ignore most or all mechanics. That is more or less what the entire pve side of the game revolves around -- either have the skill/capability to do something now or get the gear to trivialize it later.
    Gonna have to debate you on the bolded parts here. Strictly speaking, I agree in general with them, but you're making it out to look that I'm personally somehow not skilled enough to solo these bosses at the moment. I'm a hardcore raider, I killed everything on mythic, and I have 585 offspec dps gear. The problem isn't me, it's the imbalance that currently exists between classes for this specific fight. I think that's not fair, and therefore I was complaining about it here and looking for a way to get past it without switching classes. I could just wait until I'm level 100 and have enough leech, but if I see something that's not balanced I'll be damned if I won't speak up about it. If nobody brings up the issue, it's unlikely to change.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried 10HC on a paladin, couldn't survive the blood debuff as ret. Switched to holy and was able to kill it. I'm surprised a shockadin has enough dps to kill tendons.

Gonna have to debate you on the bolded parts here. Strictly speaking, I agree in general with them, but you're making it out to look that I'm personally somehow not skilled enough to solo these bosses at the moment. I'm a hardcore raider, I killed everything on mythic, and I have 585 offspec dps gear. The problem isn't me, it's the imbalance that currently exists between classes for this specific fight. I think that's not fair, and therefore I was complaining about it here and looking for a way to get past it without switching classes. I could just wait until I'm level 100 and have enough leech, but if I see something that's not balanced I'll be damned if I won't speak up about it. If nobody brings up the issue, it's unlikely to change.
    I've seen mythic 14/14 raiders who couldn't do PG gold (generally with average to strong specs for PG's)

Not difficult for a 586 warlock, 577 brewmaster, or 540 arms warrior.

JUST DODGE, U-1! KEEP DODGING!

The suggestions on here are hilarious... Get rid of the debuff, reduce number of rolls... maybe just make it so if you cancel the cinematic and it skips this boss and just rewards the chest?

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen mythic 14/14 raiders who couldn't do PG gold (generally with average to strong specs for PG's)

I would guess if they were going for the DPS PG and didn't get it they were melee. Because proving grounds were only proving grounds for melee... for ranged they were a joke. The test was getting from mob to mob and killing them intime (sorry i thought you were talking endless), take out the movement part of it and what the fuck are we even testing here?

Sadly enough most of them were ranged... such as warlocks