Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Except in a real academic sense, 80% is not "way above average." Since most Graduate programs require at minimum a 3.0 GPA (though they might state a lower requirement, you're kidding yourself if you think you can get in with anything lower), the absolute minimum grade you can get in a class is a B, AKA, 80%.
    So of all the high school leavers, the high achievers get into a Graduate program? In common speak that would make those high achievers above average wouldn't it?
    You can't just stratify the sample into "people competing for a spot in a graduate program".

I'll ignore your second and third paragraph because p2 agrees with my PoV and p3 is just the usual "when I did it pre-nerf" blather thats irrelevant to what I said.

[...] those who killed Garrosh a month before the patch are in the 80th percentile [...]
    Lol, really?

Just check percentage of guilds that have killed mythic garrosh now. That's a bit under 6%.

Of course, I concede that current mythic garrosh doesnt have anything to do with previous heroic garrosh. My derp guild killed it last monday and was a complete joke, but im sure we couldn't have killed it if not for the nerfbat. That makes us total scrubs? Not really. Of course, we're a on a complete different league that hardcore raiders. But we're still better than that other 94%.

94% is still an A.

Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Lol, really?

Just check percentage of guilds that have killed mythic garrosh now. That's a bit under 6%.

Of course, I concede that current mythic garrosh doesnt have anything to do with previous heroic garrosh. My derp guild killed it last monday and was a complete joke, but im sure we couldn't have killed it if not for the nerfbat. That makes us total scrubs? Not really. Of course, we're a on a complete different league that hardcore raiders. But we're still better than that other 94%.

94% is still an A.
    i wouldnt worry about it too much - pseudo-elitest just want to feel better about themselves - if they would be really elite they would go for worlds firsts - but since they are not on that lv they need to repeat this over and over to compensate for nobody caring about their acomplisment - are they better players ? ofc they are its undeniable - does even a single person care that they are better ? nobody cause nobody cares about some random joe-hero who is below world 10 exept for himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    No he wasn't. My shitty, 8/8 Heroic Dragon Soul guild that was ranked like, 10,000th in the world went in and downed Rag after a night's worth of attempts. The reason Rag mounts sold well is because most guilds didn't kill Rag back when he was relevant and couldn't be assed to go back and try later. It had nothing to do with his difficulty at the time.
    Agreed. H Rag was not harder than H Spine or Madness, even after the stacking DS buff had gotten pretty high. But the mount he dropped was way more in demand because it was much cooler, because plenty of guilds didn't it during 4.2 so those that went back were mostly just getting mounts for themselves, and because guilds that did kill it in 4.2 often didn't go back to keep selling kills of it.

I haven't used another flying mount on any character since I got it in 4.2, although if Ony ever coughs up that mount that might change.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i wouldnt worry about it too much - pseudo-elitest just want to feel better about themselves - if they would be really elite they would go for worlds firsts - but since they are not on that lv they need to repeat this over and over to compensate for nobody caring about their acomplisment - are they better players ? ofc they are its undeniable - does even a single person care that they are better ? nobody cause nobody cares about some random joe-hero who is below world 10 exept for himself.
    pretty much agree, I only like watching top 10 guilds compete in the race. Meanwhile, my friends and I talk about our rankings and kills. You're not going to impress anyone on the internet. Kick back, kill some bosses, and enjoy the game for what it's worth.