Any Good/Cheap Laptops out there?

So my budget is around $200.. $250 MAX with Taxes (I live in Canada)
    I want to get a Dual Core Laptop about 2.00GhZ+
    With 2~4GB Ram
    With HDMI/VGA Ports and USB with a Screen Size of around 12" or more
    I don't care too much abut space maybe 125GB?

If you know of anything please let me know! Thanks

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is a completely unrealistic price for Canadian currency. They pretty much start at 300 CAD and that's extremely low end (that's going to typically be an extremely cheap Celeron processor ~1.0Ghz and 2GB RAM). Craigslist for something old is going to be your only choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably the best you'll find in that price range.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16834256811

2.4ghz core 2 duo
    2GB RAM
    160GB hard drive

Alternatively, check craigslist/kijiji and see if someone might be selling something better for cheap.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Masark, pre-owned is your best bet with that budget. I worked at Futureshop for 3 years up until last month, and you're going to get literally the worst, cheapest laptops with that budget. Netbooks, you could do better and get more I imagine.

You need a higher budget if you want to buy something factory fresh with those specs and have it last and perform for more than a year imo. Seriously though, even though they're marked up compared to desktops, with Laptops, you get what you pay for. If you cheap out,it'll be bad for you in the long term (Which is really just going to be the short term).
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Well I remember on Boxing Day about a few years ago I got a laptop with simmilar specs for $205 (Incuding taxes) I remember Best Buy ran out of them and then I bought it from Futureshop. It was a Compaq laptop and it lasted a good 5-6 Years b4 the fan stopped working and then it didn't turn on anymore I'm just trying to find a replacement for that. I honestly don't know why you guys think I'm ignoring second hand laptops, I don't think I even said I was looking for something band new o.o Newer is better but yea o_O

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny115 View Post
    Well I remember on Boxing Day about a few years ago I got a laptop with simmilar specs for $205 (Incuding taxes) I remember Best Buy ran out of them and then I bought it from Futureshop. It was a Compaq laptop and it lasted a good 5-6 Years b4 the fan stopped working and then it didn't turn on anymore I'm just trying to find a replacement for that. I honestly don't know why you guys think I'm ignoring second hand laptops, I don't think I even said I was looking for something band new o.o Newer is better but yea o_O
    Generally the place to find used items is locally and we can't help you with that obviously. I personally don't purchase used products online because I can't physically see it's working condition during the purchase.

You also didn't specify that you were ok with used so we are forced to assume new

Even so have you been to Canada Sir? Unrealistic? $300 for a Low End? Idk where you've been looking or buying your things from but take a look at Future Shops website --> Laptops --> $100 - $199.99 Oh look theres 3 -.-

- - - Updated - - -

Don't buy online? This ones in stores:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/product/lenovo-lenovo-g505-15-6-laptop-black-amd-e2-3000-500gb-hdd-4gb-ram-windows-8-g505/10255970.aspx?path=7af28981b4bf288d83ee12820d64da29en02

for that kind of budget best bet is to work craigslist for something

Quote Originally Posted by Danny115 View Post
    Even so have you been to Canada Sir? Unrealistic? $300 for a Low End? Idk where you've been looking or buying your things from but take a look at Future Shops website --> Laptops --> $100 - $199.99 Oh look theres 3 -.-

- - - Updated - - -

Don't buy online? This ones in stores:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/produ...820d64da29en02
    To be fair you also asked for a good laptop and those aren't good.