Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    We have national public road use laws, not local ones. If there are parking restrictions they have to show them, either yellow lines or a sign.
    I did some quick googling because I have extra time right now. Rules are different in the UK depending on the city.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I did some quick googling because I have extra time right now. Rules are different in the UK depending on the city.
    They are signposted though, people aren't expected to know individual parking restrictions for cities as we have one driving code throughout the country.

They are signposted though, people aren't expected to know individual parking restrictions for cities as we have one driving code throughout the country.
    I guess I just live in a backwards place. For example, my state requires 20 feet from the intersection for parking. My city requires 30 feet. Neither are posted.

/shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    At least in the US there'd be little to do, I have the same problem. I have to walk about 15 minutes from my car to my house.
    In the US they mark the tires and if the car doesn't move in a certain amount of time it gets ticketed and eventually towed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I guess I just live in a backwards place. For example, my state requires 20 feet from the curb for parking. My city requires 30 feet. Neither are posted.

/shrug.
    Different countries have different rules. In some countries the crazy fuckers drive on the wrong side of the road and have the steering wheel on the left where the passenger sits!

Different countries have different rules. In some countries the crazy fuckers drive on the wrong side of the road and have the steering wheel on the left where the passenger sits!
    Some people call the trunk a boot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Some people call the trunk a boot!
    What kind of mad people call an elephant's trunk a boot?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Around here, there's always at least a sign designating a certain block of time once a week as no parking to allow for street sweeping. You could still leave your car there and never move it, but you'd pile up parking tickets from the enforcement officer that follows the street sweeper around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirivaria View Post
    Around here, there's always at least a sign designating a certain block of time once a week as no parking to allow for street sweeping. You could still leave your car there and never move it, but you'd pile up parking tickets from the enforcement officer that follows the street sweeper around.
    Here, if your accumulated parking tickets are more than $100, you get towed.

Like I said, seems like I live in some kind of backwards place.