Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unable to solo Ultraxion

I went into DS today to check out how difficult it would be to solo post squish (spoiler: it's simple) however I had some serious difficulty with Ultraxion. That boss does some type of raid wiping mechanic. I did some googling and got some results about pre-patch, however i was not able to find anything that helped me solo it. (Blood DK).

Any ideas or suggestions?

If you're doing 25man you need atleast 3 people to be able to do it.. When he does his blast and you phase in it'll hit the Aspects and it'll wipe the raid.

To echo and add information to the above:

10man normal -- 1 person must be hit by hour of twilight or it is a raid wipe
    10man heroic -- 2 people must be hit by hour of twilight or it is a raid wipe and they get a debuff making them die to the next one.
    25man normal -- 3 people must be hit by hour of twilight or it is a raid wipe.
    25man heroic -- 5 people must be hit by hour of twilight or it is a raid wipe and they get a debuff making them die to the next one.

This means that on anything other then 10man normal you won't be able to solo unless you kill him inside of 45 seconds before the first hour of twilight, on 10man normal it'd just be a numbers check.

On heroic difficulties you have to have the listed minimum number and still kill him before 90 seconds into the fight or you'll die to the 2nd hour of twilight.
    Last edited by Aethilus; 2014-10-15 at 06:56 PM.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

me ask another stupid question (i skipped the cata xpac) - is DS one of those raids where i can kill him on 10N and then swap to heroic?

You can do whatever bosses you like on 10man or 25man normal but in order to do madness on heroic you must have completed every other boss on heroic of the same raid size.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xkosmo View Post
    me ask another stupid question (i skipped the cata xpac) - is DS one of those raids where i can kill him on 10N and then swap to heroic?
    Sorta. You have to kill ALL previous bosses on heroic to kill Madness on heroic for the Lifebinder's Hand-Maiden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I did it easily. Find some sort of item with life leech and you will never die.

I guess it depends on how good your dps is too. In WoD it will be a joke for you.

I killed up to Spine easily on my Rogue earlier today on 25m Normal. Just have to do enough damage to get them down quick enough, i'm 565 currently.

Deleted
    I soloed ultraxxion 10 man hc today... just gotta pop all cds... i did it on a 560 ret though

Another thing is that he hits you with a debuff that has a 5 second or 10 second timer on it, once the debuff wears off you are pushed into the other realm or out of the other realm. To avoid it you wait until the debuff is under 5 seconds and you use the extra action to phase into the other realm, once the debuff ends you are pulled back. If you don't use the button you get pushed over to that realm and you die.

The debuff looks like a white light that settles on your character.

The fight should only last several seconds. Are you doing dmg to him? Killed him on my normal siege-geared BM monk in 8-10 seconds.

Like said, if you're doing it solo on heroic, you need to kill him before or during the first Hour of Twilight, otherwise he'll cast a rather quick cast that instant kills you. On normal he doesn't do that.

That being said, Spine is, I would say impossible to solo on heroic right now, but probably people can do it and I'm just lackluster on my paladin. Might as well do it on normal unless you want to deal with all that or grab a friend or two.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was able to do 10 man hc on my shaman, but It was probably because I used hero and popped ascendance
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    Is it possible to zerg as a 585 Mage with literally zero selfhealing capability?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Is it possible to zerg as a 585 Mage with literally zero selfhealing capability?
    Yes. I'm a 587 Tank (without Vengeance anymore) and I managed to get him to about ~20% before I died from the one-shot. I think it'd be doable with all cooldowns popped and just nuking him hard!

I'll get my DPS spec and do it another time, but at 585 you shouldn't have any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Would be surprised if you couldn't
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why blood dk? Isn't every class easier now? (At least for Pre MOP content)

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Hm did they "fix" scaling or something? Just went into Blackwing Descent and my damage is way less, stealth nerf? Can't see anything in the patch notes.

Only see this but that shouldn't have affected player damage.

[Requires a realm restart.] To better account for the changes to player health and ability scaling, we've reduced the health and damage of nearly all non-player creatures and NPCs on a level-by-level basis (larger reductions for lower-level creatures, in general).
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2014-10-16 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Hm did they "fix" scaling or something? Just went into Blackwing Descent and my damage is way less, stealth nerf? Can't see anything in the patch notes.

Only see this but that shouldn't have affected player damage.
    Yeah I noticed this too. Was doing 2-3 million crits yesterday and now the highest I see is about 500k no matter where I go. Stinks if this is intentional, but we'll live.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Would be surprised if you couldn't
    Well, in 5.4.8 mages were literally the only class in game who couldn't solo Ultraxion. Every other class in game were able to solo him but not mages. Now mages have even less self-heal (literally zero, bye-bye evocation) and it won't surprise me if mages can't really do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.