Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I grow tired of Blizzard treat European players like 2nd class customers.

We have larger player database than in US.
    Customer service being disrespectful for WAY too long now(not only today)but i can't blame low wage forum moderators for technical/engineering faults.
    I'd say lets vote with the wallet, but sadly most of the people won't care.
    Happy 10 years Anniversary Blizzard,good night and remember what goes around comes around.

Hi Jack, we're currently investigating the EU login issue. Thanks for your continued patience, we'll be sure to provide further updates via our EU Twitter page (for CS).
    Last edited by Araxom; 2014-10-16 at 01:26 AM.

Deleted
    That's strange, I'm a European player as well and I've yet to come across disrespectful customer service. I've always had pleasant experience with them and never felt like a 2nd class customer.
    It would be useful though if you could provide Blizzard with more detail about your problem and not just state that there are problems and that the customer service is/was disrespectful to you. And you're lucky that someone from Blizzard actually saw your post on a fan site, otherwise it's better to address these complaints directly to Blizzard and not through a fan site.

Customer service is an interesting thing. Most people will do what they can do, above and beyond that is expecting too much as they do have limits on what they are able to do and stay in scope of their job. In my experience most customer service complaints don't come from reasonable people, but from people that are usually the type that screams and generally acts like an ass to get what they want.

Note of advice: It is easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar.

If you are going to be nasty with customer service, then don't expect much service. They can only help people that are willing to be helped within the limits of what they can do. You can always ask for a supervisor, but more often than not....if you are a nasty customer your account will get flagged as such and eventually, given enough abuse, someone will and can tell you that it is better to part ways rather than offer any more help. Working for an ISP I have seen that happen, they would rather lose a paying customer rather than have their employees be constantly abused.

Now, I am not saying that this applies to your situation, but only so much can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You could lead the pack and set an example. Yeah..happy 10th anniversary while every other game fails at the...well...first..second....anniversary? Somehow they somehow must be doing something right? Or...less wrong than everybody else?

Honestly..let us sum it up: Threads how models from games that were made in 2003 look better. Threads how games with less devs and less money get faster updates. Threads how customer service is shite. Threads how..well..basically everything is better in game x, game y or game z.

Funny how all these other games just seem to fail to grab players attentions though.

Oh yeah..go ahead..call me a white knight...or..maybe just a player who does NOT have all the issues you talk about? Been playing on EU for the last 5 hrs without incident. But then again...nobody usually interrupts their good times to make a "I have a good time" thread
    It wasn't my point. I've been through quite server issues the 4 years i played WoW. I have problem with the CS in Europe, a bright,shinny example in the front yard-
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/874936/

I like this game, i'm buying it merchandise participated BlizzCoN once and basically a typical Blizzard fun boy playing it products since The Lost Vikings.
    I can't deny my feeling and i feel like i soaked up enough. I'm not spoiled, i have patience and i truly believe Blizzard DOES do it stuff to fix issues.
    Again, my feeling and it has something to do with the customer service. I might be a bit sensitive and the the problem resides with me but i can't mount it entirely on my shoulders.

7+ Year Old Account
    News flash Blizzard is an American company, shows priority to American customers. Such shock

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    News flash Blizzard is an American company, shows priority to American customers. Such shock
    Yeah ok..... That statement is based on which evidence? Link please?

This is a global economy regardless of what small part of the planet you come from and Blizzard is no different. We just went through an expansion that was asian inspired to try and please countries that are on the opposite part of the planet which flies right in the face of your opinion that is based on nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi Jack, we're currently investigating the EU login issue right now and I'll do my best to provide further updates as they become available. Thank you for your patience, we apologize for the inconvenience!
    Hi Blizzard!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard got offered free fully-manned servers in Australia if they would simply allow the company to claim they were the official providers of WoW in Australia. Blizzard gave them the middle finger. European servers are infinitely far ahead of Australian ones. Until you play against people with <50 ping with 300ish ping on servers that are apparently made for your country, you are not second class citizens.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Ummm, but you are a 2nd class customer, get over it!

Blizzard in an American company making EU a 2nd class service area...dun dun dun

Quote Originally Posted by Khalus View Post
    Ummm, but you are a 2nd class customer, get over it!

Blizzard in an American company making EU a 2nd class service area...dun dun dun
    wich actually isnt even the case :B

I'm thinking of turning to the Directive , i'm holding zero knowledge about laws but i really think Eu-customer service is really disgraceful(I'm pretty sure people having good experience on the other side of the coin). I'm not the only one holding this opinion.

It's not because of today, we been through a lot of server issues and other mambo jumbo PATIENTLY.
    It feels like you cutting a large coupon in trade of lousy customer service.

P.s it's nothing about specific country, there are people ALL over Europe who experience it on daily basis.

I have to disagree with the disrespectful part, and I can perfectly understand them if EU comes second. Generally I'm satisfied with Blizzard EU. My tickets always received GM response max within 12 hours, solved everything (some people want a reaction right away, but I can wait a day) and the GMs have always been friendly.

The only thing I'm unsatisfied with is the lack of Blizzard-response on the EU forums. Specifically in the case of the WoD Beta. At one point a massive amount of EU players couldn't log onto the Beta anymore due to some error which came with one of the patches. There were dozens of threads open with hundreds if not thousand of reports from players about this error on the EU forums, and not a single Blizzard employee ever responded to the case. We just had to hope and wait for a fix which took about 3-4 weeks. There wasn't even a single blue-post saying ''We will look into this'' or anything in that direction. Not even a single reaction just to make it clear that they're aware of the error. I truly wonder why such a thing can happen. Sure, it's beta, but not even 1 short message towards the European WoD Beta community after 3 weeks of being unable to log in that they've actually read our forum posts? I can't understand that at all.

With all due respect, but why on earth did Blizzard EU never respond to the thousands of reports from players who couldn't log in and spammed the forums for several weeks?

Once again, I'm not hating and anyone can make mistakes. I'm just curious.

Before they took away our ability to phone CS, I used to call the Oceanic customer service, which I believe is the same as the European (English) service - the guy was in Ireland or something like that. They were way more friendly than the 10+ calls I've done to the US CS. Not sure why you would think EU is 2nd class. Also, isn't it almost always EU guilds that get to go to Blizzcon and play around on Blizz's dime?

Try being an Oceanic player. At least Europe gets low ping servers. Stop acting as if you have it sooo bad.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    Try being an Oceanic player. At least Europe gets low ping servers. Stop acting as if you have it sooo bad.
    What you said ironically strengthen my point. Not all of us get low ping servers. Maybe i use to have good pings-KNOCK WOOD but 99% of my guild mates having latency issues AT LEAST once a week. We are not hardcore raiders and having guild activities like raiding 2-3 days a week so the impact is fully noticed. For me i can get random DCs and incapability to log in for long periods but HEY! at least i get good pings!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused by what you feel is disrespectful customer service. You posted a link to a forum where there are a bunch of threads complaining about login issues. Okay. That's got nothing to do with disrespectful CS, the blizzard posts I could find there are all trying their best to help and doing so politely and professionally. I don't see a lot of customer service issues there, simply a big problem that they havn't been able to fix yet.

News flash for you, but Blizzard actually cares a lot more about people having trouble logging in than you do. If you can't log in, you can do other things, get on with your life, not play a game for an hour or two and it's not really the end of the world. For them, it's their jobs and their livelihood that is on the line. If EU WoW servers never came up again, you'd be disappointed and demand your money back. They'd all be polishing up resumes. They care, but it's not like they can wave a magic wand and instantly fix a problem. If it was easy and they knew where the problem was to begin with... it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I don't understand why anyone thinks a that ANY gaming company is sitting back, drinking martinis, and laughing when players are unable to play their game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarG View Post
    based on the fact that they are headquartered in IRVINE CALIFORNIA.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarG View Post

This is a global economy regardless of what small part of the planet you come from and Blizzard is no different. We just went through an expansion that was asian inspired to try and please countries that are on the opposite part of the planet which flies right in the face of your opinion that is based on nothing.
    Blizzard originated from and is centrally located in California, United States. I'm sorry, I thought that was common knowledge. If you think they made Mists of Pandaria to please their asian customers you extremely misinformed.

I'm sorry, but if you're going to make accusations such as "Customer service being disrespectful for WAY too long now," you might want to actually link posts.

Generally, when I see bitching like that, it's usually 100% unfounded. So, yeah, source? Or are you just lashing out because you can't play right now?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu