Warlock [Needed Changes]

italicized are more wish list.. everything else is a necessity.
    Im aware not all people have beta so this is just what iv noticed needs to come back from my experience on there..

Demonic Servitude related:
    1.) increase: demon protection/healing for warlocks
    2.) servitude pets should have more health + interact with demon training glyph
    3.) Give demonic servitude pets avoidance ffs.. Avoidance: Reduces AOE dmg
    4.) Lower CD on grimoire of service and make it work with demonic servitude.
    5.) Why cant demo locks summon faster? we are demonologists.. give shorter summon time for demo

Warlock related (mainly my spec, demo & destro specific)
    6.) Demonic fury costs as demo are absurd. why does DL and teleport cost fury? meta form doesnt amplify it.
    7.) lower the tick time on doom and/or increase dmg was mainly pvp oriented
    8.) corruption and wild imps do more dmg. i can compromise on the corruption.. but wild imps are still low.
    9.) make it so drain life doesnt need a glyph AND a talent to be useful. take away the glypha and make it baseline
    10.) Give destro a heal for the pet.. jeez.
    11.) destro cant chase targets anymore and are forced to tank dmg. make immolate instant (gives ember bit on hit) and give backlash back.

Apparently some people on forums didnt understand why i asked for some of these.. i believe they werent locks as these are pretty self explanatory. but if you wish for me to explain any of these ill give a detailed response.
    Last edited by Kan; 2014-10-16 at 05:54 AM.

I understand, where you're coming from, often these patches are very frustrating and disappointing.

In forums, more often than not, you will just get posturing parrotted responses like " suck it up ", " change is gud ", " good players will still be good and baddies will cry "

Ignore these idiots. They are just jerks trying to seem cool and stroke their e-peen in front of their forum buddies.

I encourage you to keep reaching out and share your opinions.

@Bashiok and I had a very productive back and forth on twitter just the other day, he seemed like a pretty good guy. You should share your thoughts with him

I haven't played @ lvl 100 yet, so I can't comment on too much.

I will agree with #10

And as far as # 11 goes....I agree we need something to cast while on the move, but I would prefer to be able to cast incinerate while moving, rater than immolate
    Last edited by Shiekyerbooty; 2014-10-16 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kan View Post
    Im aware not all people have beta so this is just what iv noticed needs to come back from my experience on there..

5.) Why cant demo locks summon faster? we are demonologists.. give shorter summon time for demo

6.) Demonic fury costs as demo are absurd. why does DL and teleport cost fury? meta form doesnt amplify it.
    7.) lower the tick time on doom and/or increase dmg
    8.) corruption and wild imps do more dmg
    9.) make it so drain life doesnt need a glyph AND a talent to be useful. take away the glypha and make it baseline
    11.) destro cant chase targets anymore and are forced to tank dmg. make immolate instant (gives ember bit on hit) and give backlash back.

Apparently some people on forums didnt understand why i asked for some of these.. i believe they werent locks as these are pretty self explanatory. but if you wish for me to explain any of these ill give a detailed response.
    I'll agree with you on most of the Demonic Servitude things. However, Fury cost is just fine... Why would you be casting DL in meta anyways... The small cost to teleport is just fine, it has a CD for a reason. Doom damage is also just fine. If they shorted the tick time it would undervalue putting corruption on adds that live long enough. (it's already pretty close as it is). Corruption damage is also fine lol. It's our constant fury builder, it isn't supposed to rock the house on damage. Wild imps are also there to get us fury, even though the damage from them could be a few % higher IMHO. Drain life would be extremely OP if they changed the things you are asking for. It would be better then to cast DL instead of dps in an aoe raid damage phase. It's a tool for soloing things, not really needed at that, I never once needed to use it in MoP. Raiding or soloing older content both. Destro has the ability to get the pet they had last for 1 ember. They almost never die anyways so I don't see that as an issue at all. Finally the big one that people are just gonna have to get used to. Damage on the move... Everyone lost 99% of what they could do before. But we have KJC if you choose to use it. Everyone is gonna have to get used to this fact and just get over it. Besides, it'll make you a better player once you get used to the changes. (or you could just play demo and ToC on the move all day lol) Take a new mindset to the changes and I'm sure you'll see everything has a reason for how it is.

Edit: Demo fury cost isn't going to matter at all in Wod anyways. Most of the time you'll be using Demon Bolt as your 100 talent. The only other thing you'll cast in Meta will be doom and maybe Immolation Aura (Aura fury cost is actually quite low). Demon Bolt is what will finally make Meta a dps cooldown again. We can all admit that ToC currently does terrible damage, and saving all your Molten Core procs for Meta makes caster form uber weak as well.
    Last edited by Leonofhyjal; 2014-10-16 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonofhyjal View Post
    I'll agree with you on most of the Demonic Servitude things. However, Fury cost is just fine... Why would you be casting DL in meta anyways... The small cost to teleport is just fine, it has a CD for a reason. Doom damage is also just fine. If they shorted the tick time it would undervalue putting corruption on adds that live long enough. (it's already pretty close as it is). Corruption damage is also fine lol. It's our constant fury builder, it isn't supposed to rock the house on damage. Wild imps are also there to get us fury, even though the damage from them could be a few % higher IMHO. Drain life would be extremely OP if they changed the things you are asking for. It would be better then to cast DL instead of dps in an aoe raid damage phase. It's a tool for soloing things, not really needed at that, I never once needed to use it in MoP. Raiding or soloing older content both. Destro has the ability to get the pet they had last for 1 ember. They almost never die anyways so I don't see that as an issue at all. Finally the big one that people are just gonna have to get used to. Damage on the move... Everyone lost 99% of what they could do before. But we have KJC if you choose to use it. Everyone is gonna have to get used to this fact and just get over it. Besides, it'll make you a better player once you get used to the changes. (or you could just play demo and ToC on the move all day lol) Take a new mindset to the changes and I'm sure you'll see everything has a reason for how it is.

Edit: Demo fury cost isn't going to matter at all in Wod anyways. Most of the time you'll be using Demon Bolt as your 100 talent. The only other thing you'll cast in Meta will be doom and maybe Immolation Aura (Aura fury cost is actually quite low). Demon Bolt is what will finally make Meta a dps cooldown again. We can all admit that ToC currently does terrible damage, and saving all your Molten Core procs for Meta makes caster form uber weak as well.
    Meta form only increases dmg of a few signature abilities (ToC, Soulfire, Chaos wave, Imm aura and demonbolt if talented for it). it wouldnt change dps at all to cast DL in meta form hence why i bring it up. Its mainly a QoL issue that i dislike especially in pvp now .. in Mop it was a pass because our dmg was still increased by our mastery in meta form , but that is no longer the case in WoD. Which is why it makes feel like that design is now antiquated and no longer needed only serving to unnecessarily restrict the spec. Corruption i can compromise with and say it is mainly a fury generator so i guess in the end its dmg has less priority.. and im glad you agree with me on the wild imps. (they still have not reverted the nerf to wild imps they did back in MoP due to UVLS...).

Your last edit, especially the last sentence i agree with as well. TOC does terrible dmg and making molten core reserved for meta form makes caster feel weak. I personally during my time on beta havent really grown fond of demon bolt and prefer cata or demonic servitude (how could u NOT love those giant pets ), which is why it pleases me that you agree with me on most of the demonic serv changes. Anyone have thoughts about grimoire of service? it seems like no specs atm really see it as a competitive option...

As for destruction healing it mightve been because they still had healthfunnel to use. when i soloed warbringers the few times i played destro i used health funnel quite frequently. and considering how servitude pets benefit destro quite a bit and them not having avoidance it just puts further pressure on healing which considering their heal is now ember tap for pets?.. very concerning.

NOTE: i want to thank the people who have posted so far as well. I sense a much more intelligent conv happening here than what i saw on warlock forums on bnet.. disappointing.
    Last edited by Kan; 2014-10-16 at 05:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kan View Post

7.) lower the tick time on doom and/or increase dmg was mainly pvp oriented
    8.) corruption and wild imps do more dmg. i can compromise on the corruption.. but wild imps are still low.

First off, Demonic Servitude talent is great in theory but it causes so many problems for us that it's more of a pain to take than a gain. They cannot simply buff the protection or damage they deal because then you'd have a permanent insane pet. When you talked about servitude pets having more health with certain glyphs that is only the tip of the iceberg. Servitude pets can't work with Service as well as the reason why we have Synergy now instead of Sacrifice because they didn't work with that either. The talent has already gotten the name of being a "trap" talent in which it doesn't sync with other talents. Avoidance not being in I'm sure is a bug because it works as a pet so it should have it, it probably has to deal with it being a "guardian". Faster cast times on Demons has to deal with PvP, they want you to spend the 200 fury to instant summon one a minute instead of casting fast whenever you want.

Secondly, Drain Life is a niche spell so it should cost Fury, I never use it anymore especially because you cannot snapshot the channel anymore. Teleport costing fury isn't complete awful because you should have tons of it especially on AoE packs. Destro usually will use Sac for the flat % increase to SB and CB, and lastly the lack of movement in Destro really kills the spec, it's been talking about and mathed out tons of times, I also suggest you visit the sticky guies for 6.0.

Hope this helps.

The first suggestion wasnt really pointed directly at servitude pets its more of a "pets are so easy to kill that its a pain keeping them around" especially more so for warlocks. we have only one heal we can use it and two of our talents on the survivability tier debuff them or just directly take a chunk of their life that is already so fragile as is. what i would like is just some way to heal the pet similar to hunters which is a vastly greater heal over 10 seconds or a faster summon like mages/hunters use with their pet. In mop they were little tanker due to resil and such .. but now in WoD the dmg is greater against our pets who only have for the most part only have 40% the stam stat that we have. they are free kills that immediately hunch our class.

Hunter Forest Rabbits >>>>>>> Minions of Fel (Hell).
    - "I throw away all the rules of acceptable conduct during battle; near the ruptures I throw away all the accepted ideas of how the natural world is supposed to behave. Targeting isn’t even a consideration - I will be engaging my enemy at arm’s length."

I'd say that Affliction needs an out of combat shard regen like we had in Cata.
    Nightfall proc also needs to be increased.

I don't know whats intended for Destro but I actually like having RoF in our rotation.
    I would like to see its duration increased however (20 sec?).
    Maybe a gylph that lets you apply it to a target without a reticule, at the cost of only being able to have one RoF at a time.

And of course we can hope for Fel Flame.

these are the changes i think locks need

pve

1 seed of corruption needs to be buffed some and detonate alot faster
    2 either more shards or higher nightfall proc rate
    3 change soul swap back to having a cd instead of it costing a shard.
    4 fel flame for destro

pvp

1 give locks and priests back baseline aoe fear, same cd's as before
    2 coex needs to be brought back