Thread: Advice please?

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Advice please?

Hey Everyone,
    To start, I am new to this site and Star Wars: The Old Republic I have a Sith character and have made a few bad choices with my credits in the game. Currently I am stuck in the Imperial Fleet as I had used a fleet pass to get there thinking I could sell some gear to pay for repairs to the gear I have and some health stims and whatnot. I am hoping someone can tell me if there is anything I can do to get myself to a planet where I can do some missions and get some cash back. I don't want to have to pay for any sort of package to get the credits I just need to know if I can get off the fleet or unless I feel like paying real money for in game currency that I would be better off just starting a new character.
    Thanks for taking a look and any replies I get.

Do you have your own ship yet? Daily space missions there could work. If not, hmm, maybe ask someone in chat for some spare credits. I know, I hate begging too, but sometimes there's just not much choice unfortunately (at least none I can think of off the top of my head).

What level are you? If you are high enough you can just solo some low level flashpoints for money/materials/even decorations if you're lucky. If you are not high enough for that just sign for GF. The daily + weekly flashpoint/PvP quests also give a lot of money, the PvP one shouldn't take more that 20 minutes even if you lose both times and you can probably sell the warzone medpacks you get from it for even more cash.

Or go to Dromund Kaas (which is free) and farm elites in the heroic areas, that's ~200 credits per mob iirc.

If all else fails there's begging but straight up begging for money looks all kinds of bad, better ask if someone will help boost you through a flashpoint you're low level for but can enter you never know, there's always bored ppl in fleet. It'll be fast if you get a 55 to boost you and they'll most likely not care for items so money and items in one go (it's polite to pass on decorations if you're getting boosted though).

There are many different ways to make credits, those are just of the top of my head. The higher level you are the easier/faster it is too.
    Last edited by Goshko; 2014-10-16 at 07:37 AM.

Queue up for PvP. Low level PvP tends to pop regularly. You won't get a ton of credits, but you'll get Warzone comms. You can turn those Warzone comms into Planetary comms, buy stuff and then sell it, eventually.

Do your Warzone daily, do your Flashpoint daily, and you should have plenty of credits to get where you need to go. Even if you're just F2P.

Bring up your map and find the Dromund Kaas missions door (top or bottom), you can go down to the planet to continue questing or even just run Black Talon for some coin, maybe even get the Power Transformer to drop which still sells pretty well (70K-200K credits). If you have a ship, you will have a door in the inner circle to your ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully, you're never really trapped on the fleet anymore. Because traveling to any planet except for Dromund Kaas and Coruscant required credits, this was actually brought up as a warning to new players when the game launched. Now, however, you have a number of buttons surrounding your minimap that will help you to continue playing from anywhere in the game.

If you are F2P the rewards will be limited, but you should still be able to loot corpses for a few credits. Follow the link, and highlight the circle to see the details. The button with your faction's icon on it will queue you for a warzone, where you will be able to play against other players for objectives and rewards. The button with 3 figures on it will queue you for a Flashpoint, where you will be able to play with other characters for objectives and rewards. There's also a button for Galactic Starfighter, but I never cared for it, and don't remember what it looks like. Perhaps a fan of this "expansion" could offer some more details here on in the general chat in game.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm level 25 so not to new but new enough hah. Anyways you guys have given me some great advice that I am going to take advantage of in game. I had no idea there was some places I could go for free. unfortunately I have another computer related issue to attend to before I can play games. System shuts down about 30 mins into any game I play and I'm pretty sure I have sufficient temps and power supply.