Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Please tell me it gets better at 100.

I'm not one to complain, in fact, I've never complained about a new expansion. I even protected Cata when it came out.

However, this is by far THE WORST patch that's ever come out in my 9 years of playing this game. The game is pretty much unplayable for me. I have no interest in raiding and PvP is about as much fun as EbolAIDS.

On top of that, they butchered my favorite spec in the game, Arms for Warriors.

It's like Blizzard wants people to go back to SWTOR or something. What the fuck?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenor is great. I like arms btw. Try fury, its a bit different than MoP fury.

PvP is so fucking fun right now, man. What are you on?

10+ Year Old Account
    No clue, I don't pvp. Probably because its never been balanced since the day it was added.
    But ya, I'm sure its fine.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I'm not one to complain, in fact, I've never complained about a new expansion. I even protected Cata when it came out.

However, this is by far THE WORST patch that's ever come out in my 9 years of playing this game. The game is pretty much unplayable for me. I have no interest in raiding and PvP is about as much fun as EbolAIDS.

On top of that, they butchered my favorite spec in the game, Arms for Warriors.

It's like Blizzard wants people to go back to SWTOR or something. What the fuck?
    So you've been playing for 9 years and you're bitching about raiding and pvp in the pre-expansion patch? I call BS on this because if you had been playing for that long you would know that shit is ALWAYS fucked up at these times. This is because Blizz is balancing for 100 now, not 90.

How is it unplayable for you?

Arms might be a bit boring now with the changes, but not unplayable, still performs,
    And what do you not like about pvp atm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteFang View Post
    How is it unplayable for you?

Arms might be a bit boring now with the changes, but not unplayable, still performs,
    And what do you not like about pvp atm?
    Where did I say that it was unplayable? I said the butchered it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    However, this is by far THE WORST patch that's ever come out in my 9 years of playing this game. The game is pretty much unplayable for me.
    You said it right in the OP.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

You said the game was unplayable, wasn't refering to the spec with that sentence.

And the class changes will always be a subjective thing, even tho I can agree arms did get the short end of things.
    So yeah, I understand your concern for the spec, but not what you think is bad with the patch (not saying it's flawless)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might want to check your own OP as you did say it was unplayable not the other way round..

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is unplayable because I'm only PvPing and PvP is unplayable. Arms is just boring as shit. In fact, I'm not even playing as Arms since it's so boring, I went Fury.

Next time pay attention to the period, they signify the end of one thought and the start of another. l2grammar.

The game is unplayable because I'm only PvPing and PvP is unplayable.
    They just released some hotfixes that might change things a bit, but will have to wait and see.
    And I don't think Arms will change that much from 90-100. Hopefully Fury might be a little more fun for you.
    Last edited by TheWhiteFang; 2014-10-16 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Typo

Balance has always been an issue with patch releases before the expansion

deal with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteFang View Post
    You said the game was unplayable, wasn't refering to the spec with that sentence.

And the class changes will always be a subjective thing, even tho I can agree arms did get the short end of things.
    So yeah, I understand your concern for the spec, but not what you think is bad with the patch (not saying it's flawless)
    I can understand where you arms guys are coming from, but I love arms now. It reminds me a lot of wrath ret for some reason which was my favorite spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how the changes are made for WoD with a level cap of 100, I believe it should get better at 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I would change about arms is bringing Heroic strike back for Arms only. 20 rage Deals 160% weapon damage. Whirlwind would then Cost 20 rage and deal 90% weapon damage. For 2 targets you would sweeping strikes, Heroic strike rage dump. For 3 targets or more you would spam Whirlwind as your rage dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    This. I don't understand what people are complaining about. Sure some classes' burst is a little overtuned, but the game is actually fun again. I'd prefer a season on this prepatch to any actual season from the past four years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Considering how the changes are made for WoD with a level cap of 100, I believe it should get better at 100.
    That's kinda the problem, it doesn't. :<

Quote Originally Posted by nerdjames View Post
    This. I don't understand what people are complaining about. Sure some classes' burst is a little overtuned, but the game is actually fun again. I'd prefer a season on this prepatch to any actual season from the past four years.
    How is nearly one shotting people exactly fun? The game is filled with such insane burst it comes close to a first person shooter right now. Most healers are utterly useless and some classes are nigh insane. Maybe I assume that you're playing one of them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Let me guess, you play a: druid, dk, rogue or maybe demo lock.

Yeah, fuck whoever plays anything else, they just failed at the Character Creation screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    How is nearly one shotting people exactly fun? The game is filled with such insane burst it comes close to a first person shooter right now. Most healers are utterly useless and some classes are nigh insane. Maybe I assume that you're playing one of them?
    I've played resto druid for a very long time, so I'm not exactly on the delivering side of the oneshots. Healing might be a little demanding right now but it isn't useless. Aside from my own play, I saw enough of rdru, rsham, disc, and mw to tell you they're all playable. I don't recall seeing any hpalas, but it could just be that nobody plays one because of how weak they were last season.

That really wasn't my point though. I said it was fun despite the burst, not because of it. I'm glad that terrible mechanics like subterfuge, psyfiend, and dematerialize have been cleaned up. I'm glad that there isn't a half second delay on every ability anymore. And I'm glad that games actually end when you set up a kill. A couple classes are overtuned, but that is a temporary problem. Blizzard (usually) fixes numbers; it's mechanics they refuse to change. I feel like class systems are set up for an enjoyable expansion at this point.