10+ Year Old Account

Using a Mythic lock continue on heroic - is it possible?

Is it possible (has anyone tried):

a) to kill lets say 6 bosses on Mythic, switch to heroic for 7th and then back to Mythic for 8th and so on?
    b) if I have a 8/14 Mythic lock in the same reset, can I continue from 8th boss if I change the difficulty to heroic on another day or do I start fresh heroic?

As all lockouts are separate now... This part I don't really understand very well.

Separate lockouts. Think of Heroic as the old Flex (without the ability to queue for wings). You need to clear up until the boss you need on whichever difficulty to continue.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2014-10-16 at 05:59 AM.

Deleted
    All lockouts are completely separate, if you clear 8 bosses on Mythic and then switch to Heroic you'll start on Immerseus, then if you kill Heroic Garrosh and switch back to mythic you'll be on boss 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info. So no skipping a Mythic boss , oh well.

is it possible to kill say 8 bosses on mythic with 1 group then join another group on mythic at the same progression or further then your current lockout?

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    is it possible to kill say 8 bosses on mythic with 1 group then join another group on mythic at the same progression or further then your current lockout?
    No, mythic lockouts work like the heroic lockouts used to work. You get an unique ID and you can't mix up those ID's.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Fun fact: With the new lockouts, you can infinitely run Heroic Garrosh. (Old normal.)

Our guild has been making a lot of gold selling 3-4 carries at a time with this method. (Made about 22k a piece in around an hour.) All you need is a single person with a 13/14H lockout. Give the person with that lockout lead, reset the instance, have somebody zone in, park themselves in front of Garrosh's trash and form the group. Once the group is set, have the person with the lockout swap to another toon. Kill Garrosh with your optimal carry group. Since the original person with the lockout has yet to kill Garrosh (their lockout remains at 13/14H), have them swap back, give them lead, reset the instance and form another group. You can repeat this process infinitely using the same exact group of carriers. (You are, of course, only eligible for loot the first time you clear it. But since people are trying to get Heirlooms, the demand for H-Garrosh carries is pretty high.)

Small note: You cannot zone into a run at Paragons, defeat them and get a 13/14H lockout. You need to clear all the prior bosses.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2014-10-16 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Is it possible (has anyone tried):

a) to kill lets say 6 bosses on Mythic, switch to heroic for 7th and then back to Mythic for 8th and so on?
    b) if I have a 8/14 Mythic lock in the same reset, can I continue from 8th boss if I change the difficulty to heroic on another day or do I start fresh heroic?

As all lockouts are separate now... This part I don't really understand very well.

No, it's not possible anymore.
    Last edited by mmoce2d1b37428; 2014-10-17 at 02:55 PM.