Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Ty for the nightmare fuel. I was just thinking "man, I've been sleeping a little bit too well recently. I really need some story to come along and totally fuck up my shit" so thanks for that <3

- - - Updated - - -

I had a spider in my bedroom one time and I put a cup on it but was too scared to do anything about it or move it or whatever, so I just had this cup with a spider underneath for like months and months. Eventually my then-girlfriend came to visit and I asked her to deal with it, expecitng it to be dead. It was still alive.
    Cups don't completely block oxygen from getting in all the time. There could be a small hole, an uneven lip, etc. If you cover it with plastic it will die usually within a few days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Cups don't completely block oxygen from getting in all the time. There could be a small hole, an uneven lip, etc. If you cover it with plastic it will die usually within a few days.
    It was a pretty big glass tumbler so I figure it maybe had enough air in there for a long time regardless, but I was as much surprised that it lived without food for so long. Point is, they're pretty tough.

Deleted
    Oh wow. Spiders just got even worse for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    To the people saying it would die due to lack of oxygen. Let me introduce you to Euophrys omnisuperstes - the highest living creature on the planet are jumping spiders that live on the top of Mount Everest - where the air is ~3 times thinner than it is at sea level.

Lack of oxygen does not phase spiders. Burrowing spiders would also often require the ability to survive on low oxygen - if a spider can burrow a meter into the ground through a spider-sized hole as its preference, it has adapted to a low oxygen environment: soil, flesh, same difference to the spider
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    This...doesn't really add up. The spider entered through a scar? As in skin that was closed and healed up? I could almost see if he just had surgery, but a scar? And the line starts at his belly button. The appendix is on the right side of your body.

Deleted
    Spiders are fairly squishy though, why didn't he try to kill it with pressure?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats up with Australia and their strange wild life, and insects... I always want to move to Australasia but every time I see another bizarre animal/insect story I just step back and say "nope"
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Spiders are fairly squishy though, why didn't he try to kill it with pressure?
    Humans are very squishy to, it equals out the pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I had a spider in my bedroom one time and I put a cup on it but was too scared to do anything about it or move it or whatever, so I just had this cup with a spider underneath for like months and months. Eventually my then-girlfriend came to visit and I asked her to deal with it, expecitng it to be dead. It was still alive.
    I have a small fear of (big) spiders, but I would feel bad for killing one, I respect those tough motherfuckers.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Humans are very squishy to, it equals out the pressure

I have a small fear of (big) spiders, but I would feel bad for killing one, I respect those tough motherfuckers.
    I too " respect" them, as long as they don't touch me I won't touch them and we are cool, but the second we make skin contact I scream like a little girl and stomp/squish it ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, this could actually be something that spiders evolve into thousand of years from now to have the capabilities to drill a hole into a human arm and get the capabilities to live there for weeks at a time, with equally resilient eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I too " respect" them, as long as they don't touch me I won't touch them and we are cool, but the second we make skin contact I scream like a little girl and stomp/squish it ASAP.
    There's golden orbs here, they're pretty chill spiders.

I remember when I sat next to one chilling on a web for an hour or two without knowing. I became horrified at first, but then I realize I prefer these over wasps, flies, and other undesirables.

That is just .... uh jesus... yup nightmares. And I thought this was bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIPinppPrYg
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-10-16 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    That is just .... uh jesus... yup nightmares. And I thought this was bad.
    Yep, that's pretty gross. The whole insects and arachnids burrowing into living creatures bothers the hell out of me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCh3JdMMwY0
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-10-16 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Yep, that's pretty gross. The whole insects and arachnids burrowing into living creatures bothers the hell out of me.

-snip-
    gee thanks as if people needed more nightmares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ima just stay up here, where its cold and mother nature isnt trying to kill me.
    You got fried Mars bars for that

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post

[video=youtube;GCh3JdMMwY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCh3JdMMwY0[video]
    I can't even hit play on that, the splashscreen is enough ... ergh ung never sleeping again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay the original stuff was bad enough but people are posting some videos in here of some really nasty things that cross over the line for content here.

Closing