Poll: Do you fear death?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Do you fear death?

Do you fear death? Why? Why not?

Yes, very happy topic.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like living so naturally I'd be averse to it.

But it's delaying the inevitable and it'll happen to my grandparents and parents before me (preferably), so might as well live your life fullest by browsing MMOchamp.

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes i wish it would just happen already

you cant say you're afraid of death after eating at mcdonalds though

Deleted
    No, I do not fear death itself only the method and lasting effects. Dying in your sleep beats the fuck out of dying from cancer or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, i don't fear death, why?

1- Is not really a big deal... i mean, we are all going to die sooner or later

2- I don't think we dissapear after we die (i'm not religious), something will happen to "me" (or the essense of me), having in mind that we are nothing more than energy and when we die, that energy doesn't banish, it just go somewhere else...

Well I certainly fear the deaths of the people I care about, but not so much my own, provided I suffer as little as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Yes and no. As a coward I fear pain and the unknown and not knowing whether the process of dying is painful or not makes me afraid of death. In the other hand the freedom from all pain and worries of life once dead is something that I look forward to. I other words I wouldn't mind being dead I just don't want to experience the process of dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Living is scarier.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't help hearing that in Davy Jones voice, lol.

OT, I am very religious, so I am not afraid of dying. But the Biggest Boss in creation is going to be writing me up so.....nervous is a better word.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't help hearing that in Davy Jones voice, lol.

OT, I am very religious, so I am not afraid of dying. But the Biggest Boss in creation is going to be writing me up so.....nervous is a better word.

Scares the shit out of me Sometimes I think of what it would be like to just not exist and it almost makes me cry it's so scary... ugh.

Signature by Shyama!

As mark twain said, i was dead before i was born and it didnt bother me one bit. However, i sometimes feel a bit of sadness realising that sooner or later the end credits roll inevitably for everyone. Almost the same feeling when watching the last episode of a tv series you loved very much. Endings are sad :/

Deleted
    Not as much as fearing death itself, I fear "not existing".

My own death, no. How I die? Absolutely.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Like most people, no, I do not fear death itself. I would rather it didn't happen but that isn't fear.

I am very concerned for the way it will happen though. There are some horrible ways of going....

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I know what happens after death so I'm not worried.

Well, it is a big step. It's like having sex for the first time, you know what'll happen in principal and you know billions of other humans have gone through the process, but nothing can prepare you for it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everything has its time and everything dies.-D. Who
    You cared enough to post.

There is always the 'way of death' that people seem to actually fear. I don't fear death, and in fact I will welcome it, and be joyful because of it. But my way of death is what I am afraid of. I don't want a painful death, nor a meaningless one. I would like for my death to have an impact on those around me, and I don't want it to happen until a few events take place in my life; marriage, having kids, seeing them off into their adult lives, etc..

But as far as death itself, it is nothing to fear unless you are, well, unprepared. However, I believe myself to be safe in the fact that I am prepared, and that my death will be the best thing that could ever happen to me.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer