10+ Year Old Account

LF Replacement for Altaholic - Item view popup

Hi forums.

Looking for an add on replacement for Altaholic.

In particular I am looking for an add on that includes item break down information in mouse over pertaining to which of my toons have the item and the quantity they have. There are several add ons which store account item information but I have been unable to find an add on that duplicates this mouse over feature, at least with the same level of detail.

Thanks in advance, Psidum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bagnon does that. I tried it out as a replacement although I hate the combined bags. so i had to disable it.

I am just waiting for altoholic to come back

10+ Year Old Account
    TY, giving it a look now.

Quote Originally Posted by Psidum View Post
    Looking for an add on replacement for Altaholic.
    The author of altoholic is working pretty hard at getting it updated (he is responding to feedback and leaving messages on his curse page)...Bag sync is a great alternative, but I like the other stuff altoholic gives you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    The author of altoholic is working pretty hard at getting it updated (he is responding to feedback and leaving messages on his curse page)...Bag sync is a great alternative, but I like the other stuff altoholic gives you.
    Yeah I did notice him posting there. I don't expect it to take too long. Servers being down has delayed him a little. I only got altoholic about 2 months before 6.0 and I cant believe how much I miss it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sargior View Post
    Bagnon does that. I tried it out as a replacement although I hate the combined bags. so i had to disable it.

I am just waiting for altoholic to come back
    How do you do that? I've been trying to as well because I hate the combined bags and haven't managed to.

One more question: Is it possible to search your alts with Bagnon like you do with Bagsync? Bagsync automatically searches all your characters, while with Bagnon I have to search each one individually through the addon interface. If I search for something I have to do it on a per character basis which is annoying. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Bagsync maybe?
    Bagsync isn't updated unfortunately, I love Bagsync but the author has not updated it since September 2013.

Datastore provides tooltip info in all toons for a specific item, it also provides bags and bank breakdown

Altaholic works, you just need to make 1 adjustment until the addon is updated.

settings >> popup window >> unchecked the 1st box (Source object)

credit : user_354705 http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/altoholic?page=2

Quote Originally Posted by ameer View Post
    Bagsync isn't updated unfortunately, I love Bagsync but the author has not updated it since September 2013.
    Not updated does not mean doesn't work. As long as the lua is still valid and there's no new features there's not much point in "updating" an addon.

Armory works for this as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Not updated does not mean doesn't work. As long as the lua is still valid and there's no new features there's not much point in "updating" an addon.
    Bagsync doesn't update quantities of currencies, mats etc anymore. Also displays errors when using bank and void storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksster View Post
    Altaholic works, you just need to make 1 adjustment until the addon is updated.

settings >> popup window >> unchecked the 1st box (Source object)

credit : user_354705 http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/altoholic?page=2
    DreamerGamer was a bit more specific in their reply.

You are COMPLETELY correct! Thank you very much! I had to search for what you were trying to say, so let me clarify: I missed the mouseover which showed me if I had that item on any other toons, guild banks, banks, etc. That stopped working, until now. Here is how to get it to work again:

Go to Interface/Addons and open the options next to Altoholic. Scroll down and select the "Tooltip" section. From there, UNCHECK the first option, which is "Show Item Source".

This is just to get us by until the update. I'm going to try to donate very soon. It wouldn't be much, times are very hard right now. I don't even have my expac yet....but I'll see what I can do. Altoholic does SO much for us. Thank you for this addon.