Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    This is all assuming you're high level of course, they should be appropriate at the level you're at. Which is the main weirdness going on right now.
    This!
    It's not like people are, at least most solo players aren't asking current MoP or Wod group content to be soloable.
    Of course there are pro soloers who do stuff like Blood DKs soloing current content, which should be challenging, really challenging.
    But not seriously your average players going experiencing old raids which are still blocked by things.

For example most players were able to solo Vanilla raids in Wotlk gear.
    Same thing that elevated to TBC raids in Cata.
    But then something happened, for example me who had no problem soloing TBC raids during Cata, has been stone walling anything past Naxx in MoP.
    And this is not some specific class or spec, any class. Ulduar has been doable by some classes, but not all not even close and this is in last tier MoP gear.
    Thing i've wanted to do all during MoP, that was just now possible after 6.0.2. Hotfix didn't change that too much, WotLK still is possible.
    So as i see it, the possibility to solo legacy raids in the 2nd last expansion, which has been a good rule of thumb until MoP.
    Which would essentially mean that Cata should be soloable at 100.. That remains to be seen, currently it's not after hotfix, but hopefully in WoD it will be.
    Beta at one stage at least suggested it, but it wasn't the final tune done. Even the bosses were still in their original HP, when they are now nerfed to nearly half.

120 honor a bg was horrible :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but I'm calling bullshit on their reasons to nerf dmg on old raids. It was fine the way it was, it was actually really fun to see my character steamroll DS. Old Raids are irrelevant content, people do them for mogs and mounts not gold; ever since the massive gold nerf to old raids years ago. They are once again controlling how people have fun. They really should focus on more important things like the current state of several classes especially hunters. Instead of nerfing fun side stuff like soloing old raids.

I don't see what the big deal is. At lvl 100 we should be able to go and destroy cata raids and maybe solo flex90 raids or higher, assuming they change some of the fight mechanics.
    Last edited by DizzyMonk; 2014-10-17 at 02:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The nerf to soloing old content is disappointing more than anything because it would have given me something to do for the next 3-4 weeks. If they had made a proper pre-expansion event rather than this poor excuse for one (~10 easy quests that took 20 minutes and never took me below 90% health even in offspec, and 1/2 a recycled dungeon??? - were any of these devs around for the Scourge event?) that would given me something to do. Instead I could have done old content on alts, but it got nerfed before I had the chance. And with it back to as before, although it's doable I've done it 5.4 difficulty for a year and not interested in that.

Granted, I can just wait a couple months until my alts are 100 and in theory they should be easy as before this nerf. But...I haven't preordered and have been on the fence, and each of these things makes me wonder more about wod. I'm a healer and healing doesn't feel real fun now either. I wouldn't even say more difficult (excluding the obvious bugs like fire 2 shotting, just normal healing) seems less interesting than ~5.x at least to me.

Solo'd Firelands pre patch. Needed to pay attention to fight mechanics on some parts. Some where even tricky as guardian druid.
    Post-patch and post hotfix, solo'd Firelands with the same guardian druid, ignoring all fightmechanics, just "stood in the fire" and hit some spells. Every single boss died way quicker and I hardly ever needed a "active mitigation" spell.
    Conclusion: pre patch versus post patch after the so called nerf hotfix: solo'ing is way easier than it was before.

Stating that "Bliz took away all the fun" while the net result is that they made it far more easier is in my opinion simply not true. Go for it and try it before judging I'd suggest.

Kinda feels like they just nerfed fun by "fixing" the old raids. I could already solo on my main. The only thing that changed was I became able to solo on a few more alts. Really don't see why that was an issue on old content that's good for nothing but transmog and mounts. I mean nerf the gold if they're worried so much. All this did was nerf the thing that would've kept me in game on non-raid nights.

I usually solo FL10 and DS10 on normal but I was able to do them both on 25H on Tuesday night. Good times.

Funny how they did not mention Shamans for classes they will change. Ele and Enh are a bit too weak right now.

Hope so see a big nerf to demonology and feral. I don't get why Fury would need a nerf though? I'm doing more damage as Arms right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jauren View Post
    Solo'd Firelands pre patch. Needed to pay attention to fight mechanics on some parts. Some where even tricky as guardian druid.
    Post-patch and post hotfix, solo'd Firelands with the same guardian druid, ignoring all fightmechanics, just "stood in the fire" and hit some spells. Every single boss died way quicker and I hardly ever needed a "active mitigation" spell.
    Conclusion: pre patch versus post patch after the so called nerf hotfix: solo'ing is way easier than it was before.

Stating that "Bliz took away all the fun" while the net result is that they made it far more easier is in my opinion simply not true. Go for it and try it before judging I'd suggest.
    Go do Sindragosa 25H
    Science the shit out of it!

Boss damage is raids are still too high. First boss on DS 25 HC just stomped me twice. Each hit was 60-65k. That's way to much with current health.

not all. just some abilities. As i mentioned Sindi's breath stacks, immunity classes high damage reducing classes can still manage. Morchoks stomp was another story... one shot on normal is just bad.

Thanks blizzard for fucking up the best part about 6.0 you ROCK!!

Deleted
    Resolved an issue where the Purgatory talent may sometimes cause the Death Knight to be stunned permanently after dying in PvP combat.
    Just noticed this. This is not resolved. It just happened to me twice in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    All tank classes have been soloing content for years not sure what your point is. And plenty of other dps classes, even mages, have been soloing plenty of content as well.
    What tank have killed bosses in tot solo? Dks need a huge nerf when it comes to solo

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Old Raids are irrelevant content, people do them for mogs and mounts not gold; ever since the massive gold nerf to old raids years ago.
    Not true. Firelands 10 man Normal post damage nerf I was collecting roughly 60-80g per boss, which is about 500g for a few minutes of fun. I would do 25 but even in i581 dps the damage taken is a little too high. This amount was derived from gold dropped + gear and embers that went to the vendor.

Given that the casual gold income in the future is heavily going to rely on you messing with the Garrisons, these are going to become a standard for those looking to make some easy coin without farting with dozens of dailies per day.

I could care about the 'mogs' or mounts, I just want something to smash and to collect a decent amount of gold for my trouble. Hanging around the AH all day is not my idea of fun, I'm a multi-millionaire in the game and I still love getting my hands dirty and collecting coin myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Idletime View Post
    Not true. Firelands 10 man Normal post damage nerf I was collecting roughly 60-80g per boss, which is about 500g for a few minutes of fun. I would do 25 but even in i581 dps the damage taken is a little too high. This amount was derived from gold dropped + gear and embers that went to the vendor.

Given that the casual gold income in the future is heavily going to rely on you messing with the Garrisons, these are going to become a standard for those looking to make some easy coin without farting with dozens of dailies per day.

I could care about the 'mogs' or mounts, I just want something to smash and to collect a decent amount of gold for my trouble. Hanging around the AH all day is not my idea of fun, I'm a multi-millionaire in the game and I still love getting my hands dirty and collecting coin myself.

Yes, actually... true. 500g fora few minutes of fun? You can easily get more than that from the AH in half the ammount of time it takes to clear FL. Plus, you can only do it once per week. 500g per week doesn't seem like that much of a big deal. Also, regardless of how many people you have in the raid, the gold multiplies. So if you bring a friend, they will ALSO get 60-80g per boss. There's no fix there.

Hunter pet stag's ability doesn't apply on summon as said.

Quote Originally Posted by exellente View Post
    worst fuckin expansion ever. recycling any one? haha. so sad so bad.
    Made an account to post that.

Anything reason? Ya probably won't have any k bye.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exellente View Post
    worst fuckin expansion ever. recycling any one? haha. so sad so bad.
    Typical trash talk as see you just joined to bad mouth an xpac that is not even out yet.. In fact why don't you just go away..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2014-10-28 at 09:37 AM.