6.0 healing priest logs

Hi all,

I'm the healing officer for my guild, and am trying to analyse the logs I got from our first raid in 6.0 to see how people are doing. To help that, it'd be really awesome if I could get some WLs (Warcraft Logs)from priests here (disc and holy) who have raided in 6.0 so that I can more accurately analyse and provide feedback to my healers

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jarob22; 2014-10-17 at 08:57 AM.

Deleted
    Warcraft logs > SoO rankings > HPS >by class

is hard no?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycheh View Post
    Warcraft logs > SoO rankings > HPS >by class

is hard no?
    Er, I meant WL (Warcraft Logs) not WoL but I think I've got it now.

- - - Updated - - -

As an aside - I thought that holy was supposed to be far outperforming disc now...but I see disc being way far ahead in all the parses I'm seeing. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarob22 View Post
    As an aside - I thought that holy was supposed to be far outperforming disc now...but I see disc being way far ahead in all the parses I'm seeing. What gives?
    Disc would have to be nerfed to the ground to be outperformed by holy hps wise. It's been for ages that disc rules meters while holy don't (even if it saves asses).

But it heavily depends on fight (even more so now, when stupid holy nova is go to thing on stacked ones). For example, I never liked disc on Iron Qon (HC), because of ticking damage and spread nature of majority of fight.

Damage is extremely low right now in SoO across all fights, except maybe P2 of IJ. Absorbs win when damage is low since there's nothing to heal. Malkorok shows you the HPS potential of holy, which will be more important at 100 when there's actual damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skottz View Post
    Disc would have to be nerfed to the ground to be outperformed by holy hps wise. It's been for ages that disc rules meters while holy don't (even if it saves asses).

But it heavily depends on fight (even more so now, when stupid holy nova is go to thing on stacked ones). For example, I never liked disc on Iron Qon (HC), because of ticking damage and spread nature of majority of fight.
    I know disc -has- been ruling the meters but I heard a lot of people say that holy was outperforming disc with the changes a few weeks ago, hence the confusion, and my ask as to whether they meant that in WoD and not in 6.0.

The only reason holy is outperforming disc is because of the 2 set imo.
    That being said I cleares soo yesterday, such a joke. 575 ilv. I had no problem whatsoever to reach 30k hps as holy. #2 was a resto druid with around 15k average.

saw a mythic/heroic geared disc priest tear healing up. I knew he was going to do better than me but sheesh didnt think that much
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    saw a mythic/heroic geared disc priest tear healing up. I knew he was going to do better than me but sheesh didnt think that much
    It is to be expected. SoO damage patterns remain - which favours absorbs. The encounters have been nerfed and damage is reduced - which favours absorbs. The encounters now are so short that less time is spent in healing intensive phases - which favours absorbs. On top of that, Discipline no longer fills with Atonement (which was poor for building DA and general healing) and instead spams spells which are either very good at healing and generating DA or direct guaranteed shielding.

Blizzard might have a knee-jerk reaction and nerf Discipline but that isn't going to fix anything and will probably just mess things up for WoD. However, the spec does need reworked, more onus needs to be put on Atonement instead of PW:S / HN spam, there needs to be proper interplay between the spells and more of a choice between spells. This might come with WoD, and if it does, breaking Discipline now because some healers aren't happy that they can't do lots of healing in massively nerfed encounters seems silly.

On a side note, I'm surprised to see top guild shaman players asking the devs to fix 6.0 MoP Discipline and Paladin. It is messed up and attention is better diverted to ensuring we never get to this in WoD.
    Last edited by mmocbb91367365; 2014-10-17 at 11:26 AM.

Er, I meant WL (Warcraft Logs) not WoL but I think I've got it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody said it was outperforming disc in numbers, it was outdoing disc in potential fun.
    They overnerfed disc so much (again) that they ended up making it even more simplistic and op than ever before, because there is nowhere left to put those numbers but in the most obvious place where everyone can always perfom at their best - there are no conditionals.

'Overnerfed' simplistic design => outperforming everyone on the meters all the time if at all viable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    On top of that, Discipline no longer fills with Atonement (which was poor for building DA and general healing) and instead spams spells which are either very good at healing and generating DA or direct guaranteed shielding.
    Exactly. They removed our filler and gave us unlimited mana, so now we are spamming our hight throughput spells (which does not include PoH, because it is too cluncy and thus caused our other spells to be required to be stronger.)

At the begining of MoP there were discussions here about the crit change for disc, back then already I proposed that atonement just transfer the exact damage done as healing - regardless of crits - and never proc any DA at all, instead have damage scale a little bit with mastery. That would have reduced passive absorb blanketing quite a bit and would have made it possible to leave atonement and our lvl90 talents a bit weaker, since direct healing would have been higher. (Absorbs - like hots - can expire, so to account for that they will always be a bit higher in numbers than direct heals after balancing is through.)

Deleted
    That's more like it. Just because Discipline is doing well in an environment with reduced damage that favours absorbs to begin with doesn't mean that it will be good in WoD.

Seems to suggest we are just seeing people upset at easy content being easy...

The reason that Disc is currently out performing Holy in 6.0 is because of the damage model that Siege of Orgrimmar uses. SoO currently still uses the Triage/Burst Damage model that has been common for basically every tier since late Cata. People are often at full health, spike down due to burst damage, and need to be topped off quickly. Disc is all about preventing damage, so the absorbs and shields that they provide will almost always outperform throughput healers (Monks, Shamans, Holy Priests, Druids) in this model (See Paladins as well, as they are one of the top performing due to this Damage/Healing model as well).

In WoD and much of the raid beta testing that has been done so far, you'll notice that Holy continuously outperforms Disc. As do Druids and Shamans. This is due to the fact that the damage model is one of continuous damage rather than burst damage. The amount of time that people spend at max health is minimal, and instead, much of the raid is between 10% and 90% health for the vast majority of the encounter. Most of a Holy Priests healing comes from Renew and their mastery, Echo of Light. In this damage model, less of their healing will go to waste (almost none).

Siege is only out for 4 more weeks. Give it some time. Holy will have it's time to shine come WoD.

Deleted
    I wouldn't put too much effort into analyzing old (MoP) parses for purpose of balancing healing across classes. It feels quite different in beta than it does now in 6.0.2 SoO i.e. much more triage healing opportunity in WoD content at lvl 100. Just sit tight for a few weeks until we raid at lvl 100. That's where the balancing, parsing, optimizing comes in.