Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

No event to explain Garrosh escaping?

Hello everyone. I may be mistaken here, but didn't they say we'd be getting some sort of event that shows how Garrosh escaped?

It may be explained during WoD questing, but for now all I know is:

- Garrosh is to stand trial in Pandaria
    - That vision of Anduin approaching a cage, or something? I can't remember it if I'm honest.

Then he escapes somehow and then next is that comic 'Gul'dan and the stranger'?

Info appreciated, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read War Crimes, as far as I know there is nothing in-game actually explaining what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Warcrimes has more details and info on it if youre interested.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/05/15/kn...hellscream-go/

Doesnt seem they go into that much detail in game other than briefly talking and explaining what happened to garrosh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Read War Crimes, as far as I know there is nothing in-game actually explaining what happened.
    I thought that reply might be coming, though I couldn't remember the book until you mentioned it. Surely such a thing as the last boss of an expansion escaping shouldn't be hidden away from the vast majority of people by putting it in a book. Oh well, hopefully WoD questing will do some explaining.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    That is so insanely retarded that a MAJOR PART of the video game lore is missing and you can only get it by reading a book. I mean...you can just read a synopsis and get the jist of the book but REALLY...finding out how Garrosh escaped to alternate Draenor should have been the opening event to this expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    I thought that reply might be coming, though I couldn't remember the book until you mentioned it. Surely such a thing as the last boss of an expansion escaping shouldn't be hidden away from the vast majority of people by putting it in a book. Oh well, hopefully WoD questing will do some explaining.
    Not the first time,not the last for sure.Still,War Crimes was at least quite a nice read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    That is so insanely retarded that a MAJOR PART of the video game lore is missing and you can only get it by reading a book. I mean...you can just read a synopsis and get the jist of the book but REALLY...finding out how Garrosh escaped to alternate Draenor should have been the opening event to this expansion.
    In their defense, what kind of gameplay that would be good/epic enough to show that Trial and everything that happens there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In their defense, what kind of gameplay that would be good/epic enough to show that Trial and everything that happens there.
    Anything. A cinematic would be ideal, but really a few quests with speech bubbles in game would do. At least the majority of people would know why Garrosh is gone and why we're even going into Draenor.

So how did garrosh escape , can someone that has read the book sum it up for us

Lorewalker Cho voicing some illustrated still comics would have done juuuust fine, a'la Mass Effect 2 DC Comic Opening if you create a new character in ME2. Just make it some optional thing where you walk up to Cho and ask him "What happened?" and that cutscene plays.

Worked just fine in ME2 (Mass Effect was quite epic and the comic did a good job of showing the epicness).

I agree with this. It's the same reason I don't go to the Destiny site to learn the story. It's not in the game and I don't want to have to go somewhere else to learn about something going on in the game. The information should be in the game. I'm not going to go pay money for a book to find out what happened in a missing chunk of the core WoW game story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I agree with this. It's the same reason I don't go to the Destiny site to learn the story. It's not in the game and I don't want to have to go somewhere else to learn about something going on in the game. The information should be in the game. I'm not going to go pay money for a book to find out what happened in a missing chunk of the core WoW game story.
    In a way, Destiny did a bit better then WoW. At least it's on the website.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxy420shizzle View Post
    Hmmm....if only Blizzard has a medium allowing short storytelling combined with custom effects and zones....which didn't take a ton of ressources....and which could suscintly summarize an important part of lore....hmmmm....I don't know....maybe....A SCENARIO??????????????????????????????
    ...Again gameplay. Sitting around watching the trial isn't exactly fun. I'm more inclined to the comparision to ME2(Which admittingly was a very valid argument I liked).

Warrior-Magi

Not done the beta of WoD but there's most likely explanations through questing in it to explain how he escaped, and how his plans came to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    We get a quest that tells us the trial is almost over, and the verdict is about to be announced. We get sent to the trial and watch Garrosh's last words, then suddenly Zaela and the Infinites invade and we have to fend them off with the rest of the lore heroes. It ends with Garrosh and Kairoz escaping.

It would have worked perfectly as a scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Surely such a thing as "X" shouldn't be hidden away from the vast majority of people by putting it in a book.
    Welcome to Blizzard. Enjoy the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    We get a quest that tells us the trial is almost over, and the verdict is about to be announced. We get sent to the trial and watch Garrosh's last words, then suddenly Zaela and the Infinites invade and we have to fend them off with the rest of the lore heroes. It ends with Garrosh and Kairoz escaping.

It would have worked perfectly as a scenario.
    I was excited until I read the last sentence. I thought you knew something we didn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or you could just read the damn book if you want to know the story,takes few hours only realy.Most of the players dont care about explanation anyway sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrwyss View Post
    Or you could just read the damn book if you want to know the story,takes few hours only realy.Most of the players dont care about explanation anyway sadly.
    Maybe people don't want to pay extra money to see the lore behind major events in a game that is supposedly about lore (since the devs keep going on how lore is supposed to be important)?

How would you like it if JRR Tolkein had written the Lord of the Rings Series, but randomly took a chapter out of each book and sold it separately expecting you to run down all of these small bits of lore to fully understand what was going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a huge complaint of mine. I am not a lore junky by any means, but the really huge events that shape the storyline should occur in-game. In the book also is fine. In the book first is also fine. But putting shit solely in their books or comics is really obnoxious. Carine's death was another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    Maybe people don't want to pay extra money to see the lore behind major events in a game that is supposedly about lore (since the devs keep going on how lore is supposed to be important)?
    I don't care about the cost of the book, but I dislike that genre of book and have much better ways I'd rather spend my reading time. It's the principle of the thing; huge changes to the game world should occur in-game. It's not like they can't also write them into the book in-depth. They could do both. They should do both.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |