Thread: Prot Mana

Prot Mana

I thought judgements returned mana, but I'm leveling as prot and...I can't find anything in my spellbook to show that? What am I missing, what changed?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I thought judgements returned mana, but I'm leveling as prot and...I can't find anything in my spellbook to show that? What am I missing, what changed?
    Nothing has changed,you passively regen mana but blizz decided that it's is better (?) to not have most of the passives show on the spell book. So ye,no worries,you won't have mana problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long gone are the days of multiple judgement options - we used to have multiple judgement spells, one for mana, one for health and one with a slow... as below.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Judgement_of_Light
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Judgement_of_Wisdom
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Judgement_of_Justice

You shouldn't really need to worry about mana as Prot, unless you are spamming Flash of Light there is pretty much no way to go OoM (though I haven't levelled a Paladin recently so this is based on max level). Why are you needing to worry about mana?
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    Because prot paly is getting OOM really fast on low levels That's awfull After about 20secs of combat you're OOM and you just can spam SS on you

Quote Originally Posted by Throk View Post
    Because prot paly is getting OOM really fast on low levels That's awfull After about 20secs of combat you're OOM and you just can spam SS on you
    You get Guarded by the Light at level 10 when you select the protection specialization, which gives the same mana regeneration (15% max mana every 5 seconds) as you have at max level. So long as you aren't spamming Flash of Light you shouldn't be having any mana problems at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You get Guarded by the Light at level 10 when you select the protection specialization, which gives the same mana regeneration (15% max mana every 5 seconds) as you have at max level. So long as you aren't spamming Flash of Light you shouldn't be having any mana problems at all.
    You don't though, it's bugged. I've leveled a paladin up to 58 during this patch and there are some serious mana problems if you keep chainpulling, to the point where you have to stop out of combat and wait a good 20 seconds for your mana to reg full

As far as I'm aware the mana part is the only bugged aspect of it. Protadins feel like they're taking shitloads of damage compared to druids warriors and DKs at low level though, so there might be something about that too

Deleted
    Lolz, few moments ago I dinged lvl 64 and my mana regen is ok now... What the heck? O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Just popped onto a couple of Prot Paladin alts I have at lower levels to see what the fuss was about. Couldn't detect anything unreasonable at all, on a level 24, a 37, a 43 or a 57 Prot Paladin.

What bug is occuring? The mana regen just isn't happening or spells are consuming greater than what their mana cost should be?
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    What bug is occuring? The mana regen just isn't happening or spells are consuming greater than what their mana cost should be?
    I have the same problem at the moment on my level 46 Prot pally.
    The hidden passive, Guarded by the Light, is simply not returning mana.

I tested it on my level 90 main, it works fine, so it looks like it's a low-level issue.

Anyone who has this problem, please submit a bug report so they get it fixed ASAP!