Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post
    No media form, literature, speech, or work of art, no matter how offensive, should be censored in a free society.
    you mistake society with anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought this thread died long ago.

The game is pretty shit and disgusting even by today's video game standards.

However, I wouldn't go as far as censoring it. Those who are interested will play it, those that don't like me won't. Just stay away from it and don't support it.

I just wish the age restrictions were a bit stricter somehow. The though of some kid playing this game makes me nervous. It's a lot more graphic than most games out now.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a Game.

A Video Game.

That's ALL it is.

Move on Please.

The biggest problem is the audience, not the media itself.

It's not like we don't have already very violent and not properly educating video games around (GTA serie anyone?). It's all about giving the "proper" media to the "proper" audience (sorry for the choice of word).

Since we will always have mothers/fathers buying to their whining children games with not appropriate content, we will always have people complaining about violent videogames and their effect on people. And we will have censorships and all that system running.

I can agree this game brings the matter to the extreme, but Postal did the same thing (in a more hilairous way, but you could force women doing "stuff" to you by kicking them in the face).

There's an age rating system on games for that. The fact every parent ignores it snowballs into this kind of discussion.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Strictly speaking, the only thing the developers of Hatred do, is taking away 'the reason'.
    - COD: It's WAR, so it makes sense letting our children enjoy slaughtering each other on a virtual battlefield
    - GTA: It's gangsters and rappers, it's what they do!
    - Mortal Combat: It's a tournament, INCIDENTS HAPPEN!

But Hatred, Hatred just removes any bullshit logic. And that scares people. Pathetic. The logic used to justify any and all games that involve killing other beings is bullshit to begin with. You either condone all, or you condone none. Not this half-assed crap about developers being right-winged and therefore clearly classic nazi's. Even though Nazi's still are a real threat to society, there's not 50.000 currently invading your countries. Maybe they made this game. But I'll wake up the morning after, go to work, do my thing, go back home and play Hatred, AGAIN. (If it's fun). I won't suddenly be urged to slaughter pregnant women, because of the lack of justification. More likely the reverse.

Deleted
    In my opinion content ( games/movies/books and etc. ) with exaggerated "old ultraviolence" is not as bad as content with subtle deviation of characters.
    It is easy to say that something is bad, when it is THAT obviously bad. I can't even imagine that someone mentally stable would even think about doing something horrible in real life.

However subtle, gentle and accurate addition of slightly not normal behavior is not good at all, it MAY make people adjust their behavior a bit, without even realizing it was not normal at all.
    You know like in my country pop culture was filled with romanticisation of criminal life, and currently many absolutely normal, educated and basically average men utilize some elements of criminal subculture in their life.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but the game now has a proper release date: June 1st. Personally, I do not know the whole kerfuffle about it. It looks like a sub-par game with a messed up theme. It was probably going to do poorly sales wise, but because everyone made a damn fuss about it, there are gonna be a bunch of launch sales. This annoys me, not because of the theme or any of that nonsense (you should be free to do whatever the hell you want so long as you aren't hurting anyone) but because there are tons of games out there that have a lot of promise or are really good outright but are buried under all this trash. That is what annoys me the most.
    The caged bird sings /with a fearful trill /of things unknown /but longed for still /and his tune is heard /on the distant hill /for the caged bird/ sings of freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Hatred just removes any bullshit logic.
    Hatred doesn't remove context at all. It instead intentionally uses a specific context that people are sensitive about in order to incite outrage.
    Last edited by Radio; 2015-05-12 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Strictly speaking, the only thing the developers of Hatred do, is taking away 'the reason'.
    - COD: It's WAR, so it makes sense letting our children enjoy slaughtering each other on a virtual battlefield
    - GTA: It's gangsters and rappers, it's what they do!
    - Mortal Combat: It's a tournament, INCIDENTS HAPPEN!
    Hatred does have a reason, the guy hates people. I don't believe its the "reason" as to why the backlash. If the guy was just shooting cops or adult males with shitty AI, no one would bat an eye to the game and it might have received a rating of M.

Put in women, children, or add in details to their fear of being killed, then you have your cause for controversy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Hatred does have a reason, the guy hates people. I don't believe its the "reason" as to why the backlash. If the guy was just shooting cops or adult males with shitty AI, no one would bat an eye to the game and it might have received a rating of M.

Put in women, children, or add in details to their fear of being killed, then you have your cause for controversy.
    calling all femenists on this board

"Ermagerd, its is meaningless slaughter!"

Goes to youtube, search up GTAV, first video I see is of some dude with a mod that makes him shoot cars at people. All he do in a 5min clip is running around killing people with cars that he shoots out of a gun. Now that is meaningless slaughter aswell right? But it is OK, because "Lol, its is GTA, you do that stuff for fun!"

So yeah, take a cup of shut it.

P.S I bet the creators of Hatred love everyone who blows it up in forums/media/etc - free PR is excellent PR.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Now that is meaningless slaughter aswell right? But it is OK, because "Lol, its is GTA, you do that stuff for fun!"

So yeah, take a cup of shut it.
    The thing about that part of GTA V is that it's entirely optional. The game itself doesn't force you to do that. Yes, I'm sure the developers built that kind of sand box play into the game for a reason and it allows you to go on senseless killing sprees... if YOU want to.

In Hatred, apparently, the game forces you to do the killing. The end result is basically the same, true, but the difference is the context.

I think this says it quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The thing about that part of GTA V is that it's entirely optional. The game itself doesn't force you to do that. Yes, I'm sure the developers built that kind of sand box play into the game for a reason and it allows you to go on senseless killing sprees... if YOU want to.

In Hatred, apparently, the game forces you to do the killing. The end result is basically the same, true, but the difference is the context.

I think this says it quite nicely.
    Kinda like how you can buy Hatred if YOU want to? And if you don't, fuck off and stop whining.