Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    SimCraft is a tool that forces players to play specific classes/specs, make retarded guildmasters not let some players play, and has loads of human error. I suppose people don't remember when SimCraft was incorrectly giving Mages a superbuff for literally no reason due to a faulty profile?

SimCraft is helpful, but just like any other automated tool (such as AskMrRobot), should be taken with a grain of salt.

OT: Arcane because it's fun as fuck, Blizzard deems it "in a good place", and SUPERNOVA IS THE BEES KNEES.

- - - Updated - - -

100%? More like 1000000%.

People flip out over the power creep when they forget Blizzard doesn't give a flying fuck about anything but max level content. It's why they don't balance Level 1-89, and why they now won't balance 90 today.

PS: I like how Frost got buffed because it was low at 90 (and 100, but we're not even there yet). Gee, almost everything about Frost (including its Attunement) is about getting Multistrike, yet only 1 piece of gear (KTT) has Multistrike on it. I can only wonder why Frost is pulling low numbers.
    PPS: Fire got nerfed because it was purely good at 90. It's pulling middle-of-the-pack at 100 pre-nerf and post-nerf will now be towards the bottom.
    This post didn't give me aids, and now I am not dead. This post should end all discussion on whether A or B is better than C or D and omg shutup blablabla.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    This post didn't give me aids, and now I am not dead. This post should end all discussion on whether A or B is better than C or D and omg shutup blablabla.
    Awww thank you

Unless that's sarcastic, in which case: Awwww :<
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

People do realise that the hotfix buffs/nerfs aren't in effect yet, right? They explicitly said these class changes require realm restarts to take effect, and there's been no realm restarts since this hotfix information was published. The next reset will likely be the regular maintenance, after which we'll see the changes in effect. If you don't believe me, check out the in-game tooltip for Frost's Brainfreeze. It still says it only amplifies Frostfire Bolt's damage by 25%, whereas in the hotfix it's supposed to be amplified by 85%. Those of you doing dummy dps tests *now* are wasting your time: The hotfix class changes aren't in effect yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbartle View Post
    People do realise that the hotfix buffs/nerfs aren't in effect yet, right? They explicitly said these class changes require realm restarts to take effect, and there's been no realm restarts since this hotfix information was published. The next reset will likely be the regular maintenance, after which we'll see the changes in effect. If you don't believe me, check out the in-game tooltip for Frost's Brainfreeze. It still says it only amplifies Frostfire Bolt's damage by 25%, whereas in the hotfix it's supposed to be amplified by 85%. Those of you doing dummy dps tests *now* are wasting your time: The hotfix class changes aren't in effect yet.
    The hotfix went live this morning on EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiscality View Post
    The hotfix went live this morning on EU
    Uhm my Brain Freeze tooltip still only says 25% though. Tooltip error?

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo1444 View Post
    Maybe.

Blizzard usually has tooltip errors for a few things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo1444 View Post
    Might be, although the changes are in. Doing less damage with Fire now, on par with Arcane for me but I guess that's mostly due to the massive crit levels.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Maybe.

Blizzard usually has tooltip errors for a few things.
    Blizzard never updates tooltips on hotfixes. Tooltips requires client to be patched.

How much will movement effect Arcane's viability in raiding? Will frost be must have in movement high fights, or does arcane not suffer as much as it used to?

The changes are in? Nice xD when did the servers restart? =o
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    How much will movement effect Arcane's viability in raiding? Will frost be must have in movement high fights, or does arcane not suffer as much as it used to?
    Arcane and frost are quite close in mobility really. Both use ice floes for almost all their mobility. The only benefit frost has is banking procs before movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Arcane and frost are quite close in mobility really. Both use ice floes for almost all their mobility. The only benefit frost has is banking procs before movement.
    Which is a huge advantage. Especially given how powerful those banked procs actually are, and given the fact that they can be generated while moving as well (FoF).

Downplaying how massive banking 3 procs is for Frost would be a big mistake. Its like saying "Oh, spec A and spec B are quite close in performance, the only benefit is spec B can do 50% more DPS".

Make no mistake, Arcane is crushed hard by movement. Another fact that will becomes self evident as soon as people step foot in the new raids.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    Which is a huge advantage. Especially given how powerful those banked procs actually are, and given the fact that they can be generated while moving as well (FoF).
    FoF can be generated while moving? Without mobs to Freeze or Frozen Orb, how exactly is this achieved? Before you say Ice Floes, Arcane has access to that as well and can generate AM through it, NT/SN, AO, AE, and ABr.

Besides that though, I will agree that Frost's advantage is banking mobility procs and also having IF x3 to bank as well if needed.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Everything in mythic is dying in 1-2 mins now [or 45 seconds in the case of Siegecrafter]. So yeah, can really play whatever, just have fun. Despite the Fire nerfs, it's still going to do well for these sort of kill times because of the frontloaded damage from your opening combust.

Most likely will not level as Fire though, and other specs are better for open world play [outside of kiting Dinos on the isle]. Scorch nerf was the nail in the coffin for me there, does no damage.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-10-19 at 08:37 PM.

Besides that though, I will agree that Frost's advantage is banking mobility procs and also having IF x3 to bank as well if needed.
    Meh so seeing how movement heavy WoD fights are, would it be safe to say that frost will spec at the start of wod raiding (obviously unless it gets stupidly nerfed)?

FoF can be generated while moving? Without mobs to Freeze or Frozen Orb, how exactly is this achieved? Before you say Ice Floes, Arcane has access to that as well and can generate AM through it, NT/SN, AO, AE, and ABr.
    The point being that FoF IL is usable while moving, while AM is not (at least not simultaneous to being generated). So while Arcane can generate AMs while moving, it still cannot actually use them.

Plus FoF generation is guaranteed (specifically with the new Orb and Water Jet). Arcane, at best, can use ABr, which is nothing (especially with the shift in Arcane's damage back to Cata style) specifically when compared to multiple FoF ILs, coupled with their synergy with Frost Bomb.

There really is no comparison where mobility (or even burst) is concerned with Arcane and Frost, Frost is just straight superior.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."

Deleted

Downplaying how massive banking 3 procs is for Frost would be a big mistake. Its like saying "Oh, spec A and spec B are quite close in performance, the only benefit is spec B can do 50% more DPS".

Make no mistake, Arcane is crushed hard by movement. Another fact that will becomes self evident as soon as people step foot in the new raids.
    I really don't move more than ice floes lets me in SoO honestly, and you can't bank 3 procs all the time, most of the times you can bank 1, at most 2.

I would agree for t17 progress, but in SoO all specs are pretty mobile, enough to never really lose DPS from moving.

The bolded part is a completely unnecesary hyperbole.

- - - Updated - - -

The point being that FoF IL is usable while moving, while AM is not (at least not simultaneous to being generated). So while Arcane can generate AMs while moving, it still cannot actually use them.

Plus FoF generation is guaranteed (specifically with the new Orb and Water Jet). Arcane, at best, can use ABr, which is nothing (especially with the shift in Arcane's damage back to Cata style) specifically when compared to multiple FoF ILs, coupled with their synergy with Frost Bomb.

There really is no comparison where mobility (or even burst) is concerned with Arcane and Frost, Frost is just straight superior.
    Water jet isn't available at level 90....

You also can't use frozen orb every time you need to move without holding onto it for ages, which is a way bigger DPS loss, considering you need to use it around adds/trinket procs etc.
    Last edited by mmoc130aeee1c6; 2014-10-19 at 08:52 PM.

The bolded part is a completely unnecesary hyperbole.
    Indeed. Hyperbole by design. Designed to counter weigh your complete unnecessary understatement of "The only benefit frost has is banking procs before movement.".

Water jet isn't available at level 90....
    Correct.
    As per the proviso of my original post, and just to be clear, I am talking about L100.

Deleted
    Indeed. Hyperbole by design. Designed to counter weigh your complete unnecessary understatement of "Arcane and Frost are quite close in mobility".

Correct.
    As per the proviso of my original post, and just to be clear, I am talking about L100.
    Okay, I agree about level 100, frost is way more mobile then. Though this thread is mostly aimed at level 90 judging by the title.

Deleted
    SimCraft is a tool that forces players to play specific classes/specs, make retarded guildmasters not let some players play, and has loads of human error. I suppose people don't remember when SimCraft was incorrectly giving Mages a superbuff for literally no reason due to a faulty profile?

SimCraft is helpful, but just like any other automated tool (such as AskMrRobot), should be taken with a grain of salt.

OT: Arcane because it's fun as fuck, Blizzard deems it "in a good place", and SUPERNOVA IS THE BEES KNEES.

- - - Updated - - -

100%? More like 1000000%.

People flip out over the power creep when they forget Blizzard doesn't give a flying fuck about anything but max level content. It's why they don't balance Level 1-89, and why they now won't balance 90 today.

PS: I like how Frost got buffed because it was low at 90 (and 100, but we're not even there yet). Gee, almost everything about Frost (including its Attunement) is about getting Multistrike, yet only 1 piece of gear (KTT) has Multistrike on it. I can only wonder why Frost is pulling low numbers.
    PPS: Fire got nerfed because it was purely good at 90. It's pulling middle-of-the-pack at 100 pre-nerf and post-nerf will now be towards the bottom.
    They are going to revert anyways a lot of yesterdays hotfixes.