Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Or people that play Gladiator will have non-BA gear options because their guild doesn't just d/e or vendor everything. Gap between Highmaul and BRF is longer than MSV and HoF I think.
    Yeah all we can do is wait and see, glad would need to be alot stronger than fury and arms tho to be worth going for since they dont have rallying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks will get the gear first if they need it to survive, otherwise Gladiators would have higher priority.
    That rarely is a reality, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Qisse View Post
    So you are saying that warrior tanks is not a MT anymore, and goes Dps on one tank Bosses? See where im getting..?
    Welcome to Druid tanking from TBC through Cata... But don't worry, if it gets too close to that they'll just add a 4th spec and water both down.

As to the original question, I'm not sure where all this about Glad stance being intended to be sub-par is coming from because everything I've read said the intent was for it to be a completely viable dps option. Why shouldn't it stand toe to toe with Fury and Arms?

To give warriors another DPS spec. Now they have 3, which is cool because more options are awesome.

Is any other reason needed?

Tanks will get the gear first if they need it to survive, otherwise Gladiators would have higher priority.
    That's true. A great geared tank can carry a whole raid while one not so good geared could be a raid's downfall. If I was a raid leader I would prio tanks on tank gear regardless how much dkp/epgp the gladiator dps-ers have, I'm sorry but tanks come first.

Stacking gear on tanks isn't really that much of an impact anymore, the last time I can explicitly remember when tank gear was reserved before everyone else was for DS Prot Warrior 4pc because it had a direct impact on the entire raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    That's true. A great geared tank can carry a whole raid while one not so good geared could be a raid's downfall. If I was a raid leader I would prio tanks on tank gear regardless how much dkp/epgp the gladiator dps-ers have, I'm sorry but tanks come first.
    Not even the case.

High geared DPS = more raid DPS = faster kill times = less damage taken = less need for tank to be geared.

It's MUCH easier to carry a tank (they still need to know how to play, though) than it is to carry DPS.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

DPS situation.

Maybe not TOP 5, but DPS nonetheless, easier to a tank to be dps.

And don't take me wrong here, but more enjoyable than Arms/Fury.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

there always were people who played arms warrior while fury was better in terms of dps
    and people who really enjoy sword and board dps style will play glad regardless of dps numbers (of course if glad won't be a total garbage)

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Yeah but what happens if arms/fury gets buffed and pulls ahead in the next tier or even the next raid? All the gear have gone to waste.(highmaul)
    Its the same thing as ele shaman vs enh and feral druid vs balance druid. You stay the same spec as its completely out of your control.

The reverse also could be true. Arms/fury best initially then later glad gets buffed to be best. Its just not something you can really plan around. (Barring possibly top 50 guilds.)

- - - Updated - - -

Off topic: why does the glyph of mocking banner only work when selecting tanks? I could've had some real fun with that with a few guildies.

http://wod.wowhead.com/item=110875
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Yeah but what happens if arms/fury gets buffed and pulls ahead in the next tier or even the next raid? All the gear have gone to waste.(highmaul)
    Have you not read the changes to how gear works? You'll only need different weapon/trinkets/rings/neck. All the other slots will be the same. Its not nearly as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Wow such bullshit in one post.

*The devs specifically said that Gladiator is supposed to be a dps spec as good as arms and fury.
    *Currently in the beta, gladiator stance is as viable in arena as arms, in fact it even does better damage and is slightly tankier than arms. The only reason to stay arms is if you have a fetish involving 2handers.
    *Swifty plays gladiator warrior in arenas at 100.
    chuckled at the swifty bit. but glad stance won't end up being better than arms in wod after the first few weeks of lvl 100 hotfixes.

Glad is for Wars that want a sword and board style DPS, the numbers are close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Its the same thing as ele shaman vs enh and feral druid vs balance druid. You stay the same spec as its completely out of your control.

The reverse also could be true. Arms/fury best initially then later glad gets buffed to be best. Its just not something you can really plan around. (Barring possibly top 50 guilds.)

- - - Updated - - -

Off topic: why does the glyph of mocking banner only work when selecting tanks? I could've had some real fun with that with a few guildies.

http://wod.wowhead.com/item=110875
    Gee, I wonder.

Gee, I wonder.
    Lol. /10 char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    chuckled at the swifty bit. but glad stance won't end up being better than arms in wod after the first few weeks of lvl 100 hotfixes.
    Why? What have they said that implies they will ensure its bad?
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Lol. /10 char

- - - Updated - - -

Why? What have they said that implies they will ensure its bad?
    I think what he meant is right now with current hotfixes, Gladiator is far above the other two specs; once those hotfixes are reverted, or when new balancing that we are expecting comes through, Gladiator will very likely drop again.

I gotta say though, please don't start another debate of "why not? why won't they leave glad on top? how do you know hotfixes will change things". Nobody knows. Class design team will balance how they see fit, but from everything we have seen thus far, Gladiator will not be as strong as Fury/Arms for progression raiding.
    Doesn't mean it sucks, doesn't mean you can't play it. Just means Gladiator isn't quite as good.

The only problem I see with the spec is balance between it and fury/arms.

Lets say first tier gladiator is significantly better than arms and fury, all the dps warriors gather tank gear (read: taking gear from tanks) and then the next tier blizzard buff arms/fury or nerf gladiator and all these warriors have to start gather new gear.

Who says that Gladiator DPS takes the same stat priority as Prot Tanking on their gear? It could be completely different item preferences, and since the only things that are "pure tank" pieces these days are shields and pieces with +Armor, that impact will be negligible.

And huh... so it'll be just like every other class with more than one spec to cover a specific role (pure DPS classes, priests, etc) to determine if they want to stick with their current gearset with a possibly underpowered spec that they're used to playing, or switch to a different spec and re-gear for that spec's priority?

Either way, I don't see the issue.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Remember that even tanks who offpsec Gladiator will need dps cloak/jewelry/trinkets. TBH it gives dps warriors an extra chance to 'use the best weapons they have available' if their raids tanks already have shields more than it helps tank warriors offpsec dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    Have you not read the changes to how gear works? You'll only need different weapon/trinkets/rings/neck. All the other slots will be the same. Its not nearly as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.
    Holy cow I totally forgot about that. Now I got excited for the talent again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Who says that Gladiator DPS takes the same stat priority as Prot Tanking on their gear? It could be completely different item preferences, and since the only things that are "pure tank" pieces these days are shields and pieces with +Armor, that impact will be negligible.

And huh... so it'll be just like every other class with more than one spec to cover a specific role (pure DPS classes, priests, etc) to determine if they want to stick with their current gearset with a possibly underpowered spec that they're used to playing, or switch to a different spec and re-gear for that spec's priority?

Either way, I don't see the issue.
    Blizzard have stated that gladiator will gain DPS from tank stats such as bonus armor.

Anyways since I didn't see anyone mention it yet outside of 1 reference:

Biggest issues Glad will have is (if I'm remembering correctly): 1. aoe is pretty bad. Even if it was buffed, the fact that its based around long-term aoe instead of burst, (just have T clap) is a large issue. 2. No rallying cry means no raid cd. 3. No access to D-stance for DR on demand.

You can make arguments for why those aren't that important, but that's pretty much just being biased for wanting it to be equal without looking at dps. It also has some advantages (mocking banner glyph probably has niche uses and unique dps gearing) but probably not enough to offset the aoe and rallying cry issues.

*Above may be incorrect, I am not an expert. Mostly just trying to consolidate what I've seen others say on the subject.