LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    no word on shiva sadly.
    Nooooo!!!!

/sigh

I just wanted a cute pet ...
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Nooooo!!!!

/sigh

I just wanted a cute pet ...
    Denied.

I just want a new fairy

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark knight is confirmed, even mentioned about they would use 2h sword and be a tank (no idea why tank tho) also said it doesn't require a base class.
    Other job clue since dark knight got batman references was "the man with the golden fun" so everyone is already saying it means agent (like shinra in 7) as a healer class.
    Two confirmed primals coming are Bismarck and ravana (might be spelt wrong) Bismarck looks like sin from FFX but with wings and rav looks like Gilgamesh went on a diet, both connected to two new beast tribes.
    Two new egi's ramuh and leviathan , no word on shiva sadly.
    The Ramuh and Levy egi were not confirmed.

He wore a 007 t-shirt, and doing a lot of "gun movement" while at it, hinting towards a gun class, probably Mustketeer from 1.0 or similar.

Other stuff includes:
    - MNK gear will now include DEX and share loot with NIN.
    - parry and block will become STR dependent (atm they are somehow DEX dependent).
    - fly mount (Black Chocobo) confirmed, one man airship confirmed, they prepared 7 (possibly increasing to 8) fly mounts at launch.
    - The 2 new beastmen tribes one of them looks like fat Yagudos.

I took lots of pics at the festival actually, maybe I should upload some later.

ugh flying mounts? bleh
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately so.

WoW had fly mount then they realised it was a big error and now trying to slowly remove it without causing too much an uproar. Now FF want to implement it? I really have no idea....

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ugh flying mounts? bleh
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Unfortunately so.

WoW had fly mount then they realised it was a big error and now trying to slowly remove it without causing too much an uproar. Now FF want to implement it? I really have no idea....
    The flying will probably be along preset routes. Don't see FFXIV zoning system allowing free-form flight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Denied.

I just want a new fairy

10charssss
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Flying is only allowed in the expansion zones and based on the implementation of scattered floating islands, flying mounts make a lot of sense. For now, they're not implementing them like WoW did.

I'd guess that the flying would be on set routes as well, just like ground mounts are only allowed in certain areas now.

Deleted
    No
    The Ramuh and Levy egi were not confirmed.

He wore a 007 t-shirt, and doing a lot of "gun movement" while at it, hinting towards a gun class, probably Mustketeer from 1.0 or similar.

Other stuff includes:
    - MNK gear will now include DEX and share loot with NIN.
    - parry and block will become STR dependent (atm they are somehow DEX dependent).
    - fly mount (Black Chocobo) confirmed, one man airship confirmed, they prepared 7 (possibly increasing to 8) fly mounts at launch.
    - The 2 new beastmen tribes one of them looks like fat Yagudos.

I took lots of pics at the festival actually, maybe I should upload some later.
    Ramuh and levi egi have been confirmed by Yoshi for months now, was even in live letter as coming when the level cap increases

10+ Year Old Account
    No

Ramuh and levi egi have been confirmed by Yoshi for months now, was even in live letter as coming when the level cap increases
    Ooops I must have missed it, can you link me the official announcement link please?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of want the PUP class after research what it was like in FFXI.

PUP with guns?

Deleted
    Ooops I must have missed it, can you link me the official announcement link please?
    ARGH can't check lodestone at work, might be due to their maint
    Google "FFXIV will new summons be added" on the official website forum links, the top topic, page 5 has official response.
    Then a yoshi live letter few months ago said ramuh and levi will be first added when level cap increased, no mention of shiva tho.
    Will link tomorrow when I'm back at home

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ugh flying mounts? bleh
    Translation: I hate cool stuff

Unfortunately so.

Different studio with different ideas behind how they're going to use it. I also wish people would stop making up stuff about WoW's flying mount non-issues.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is, if the ability is there, people WILL fly over half the stuff to get things done.

I hope SE will make sure you cannot just fly directly where you need to be, do what you need to do, then fly all the way back making everything in between pointless.

My guess is that they implement flight paths, or another type of player controlled on-rails system where you can only fly between specific points using one of your mounts. I'm also pretty sure unlocking the ability will be directly tied into the main story quest just like everything else.

If there's one thing I have faith in SE in doing is implementing something well thought out and not unbalanced in such a way to trivialize previous content, and certainly not current content.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if Bismark (one of the new primals) is that big ass dragon from that early FF14 trailer? You, know the one where all the dragons faced off that Galian fleet and the big dragon wrapped itself around the ship and its still kinda there in what? Coerthas?

Just look up the concept art (like at creativeuncut) and Bismark looks really similar only shinier
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    Anyone know if Bismark (one of the new primals) is that big ass dragon from that early FF14 trailer? You, know the one where all the dragons faced off that Galian fleet and the big dragon wrapped itself around the ship and its still kinda there in what? Coerthas?

Just look up the concept art (like at creativeuncut) and Bismark looks really similar only shinier
    It's Midgardsormor wraped around the ship. And Mor Dohna.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    It's Midgardsormor wraped around the ship. And Mor Dohna.
    They still look awfully similar...

And anyone know what Ravana is suposed to be? Well other than a bug man w/ laser swords
    Last edited by lokinrond713; 2014-10-29 at 01:09 AM.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is, if the ability is there, people WILL fly over half the stuff to get things done.

I hope SE will make sure you cannot just fly directly where you need to be, do what you need to do, then fly all the way back making everything in between pointless.
    So everyone else that has a supposed problem that isn't your own makes it a worrying issue? I'll tell you the same thing I tell WoW players that whinge about the same thing; quit worrying about problem that don't exist and let the devs do what they want with the game. If they want flying, there will be flying and i think that's cool cause I love flying in an MMO. If its limited, that's fine as well because that's how they designed it.

You people honestly make simple things overcomplicated a lot.

"Someone might skip a quest ahead of me!" Oh boo-friggin-hoo......
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    My guess is that they implement flight paths, or another type of player controlled on-rails system where you can only fly between specific points using one of your mounts. I'm also pretty sure unlocking the ability will be directly tied into the main story quest just like everything else.

If there's one thing I have faith in SE in doing is implementing something well thought out and not unbalanced in such a way to trivialize previous content, and certainly not current content.
    It's already confirmed that flight won't be on rails. In the initial announcement, they actually said and showed that you can just take off and start flying by jumping just like in WoW.

Whether it's executed well or not remains to be seen, but I'm hopeful, especially since Yoshi also talked about how even with this the open world will be a lot more dangerous now- not FFXI levels, but certainly more than we've seen so far in FFXIV or WoW. He actually said that all of the 2.0 stuff (with the exception of Binding Coil and a Extreme Primals) was meant to ease us into the game, and 3.0 is going to be the challenge they wanted from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    And anyone know what Ravana is suposed to be? Well other than a bug man w/ laser swords
    It's the Primal they mentioned would be entirely new for FFXIV. An eight-armed insect-man swordsman. He's supposed to be "the Guardian of the Gnath", a new Beast Tribe that looks vaguely insectish, but mostly alien.

It's already confirmed that flight won't be on rails. In the initial announcement, they actually said and showed that you can just take off and start flying by jumping just like in WoW.

Whether it's executed well or not remains to be seen, but I'm hopeful, especially since Yoshi also talked about how even with this the open world will be a lot more dangerous now- not FFXI levels, but certainly more than we've seen so far in FFXIV or WoW. He actually said that all of the 2.0 stuff (with the exception of Binding Coil and a Extreme Primals) was meant to ease us into the game, and 3.0 is going to be the challenge they wanted from the start
    Good to know, I had to look this up because I hadn't specifically seen anything, but I like this implementation. Although, the flying video didn't really highlight much just that it exists and that you take off on your own from the ground and that you can control your direction. Still don't know if it's restricted to certain parts of the new area like you can only fly when within a certain distance from the edges of those floating islands or whatever. I liked the danger in games like FFXI where most zones had enemies to be afraid of, it made the game feel more alive, engaging and real while always giving you something to strive for (being good/ geared/ high enough level to not be afriad of those scary monsters).