Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

42.9% Downtime in WoD?

Anybody else concerned by the latest SimulationCraft results?

simulationcraft . org/reports/Raid_T17M.html#player5

Showing 42.9% Downtime, is it me or is that a tad high?

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont care much for sim stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Tntdruid View Post
    I dont care much for sim stuff
    then what the hell are you doing here? :B

I assume this is for feral?

Deleted
    Yeah, for feral. I mean I knew it was going to have downtime, but almost half seems a tad high.

You can bring that number down if you keep Rejuv up on you during normal down periods. But yeah, that sounds about right.

Deleted
    Hahaha, post #2 to #4 are so funny and cute :]

i am cute, arnt I?

Deleted
    dunno what you expect, feral has been one of the slowest specs in game (with regard to downtime) and come WoD, with lower haste levels and general slowdown of melee specs to not run into GCD capping, 40%+ downtime is what you get with a spec like feral

Feral has always had a large amount of free GCD's (downtime), that is a core design aspect of the spec, and the entire reason a lot of people enjoy the spec.

Now with being able to cast rejuv in catform you can fill some of that time to offheal while still maintaining DPS.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rem210 View Post
    Anybody else concerned by the latest SimulationCraft results?

simulationcraft . org/reports/Raid_T17M.html#player5

Showing 42.9% Downtime, is it me or is that a tad high?
    First of all, keep in mind that Feral has just a 1s GCD, meaning that it only has a little less actions taken in comparison to 1.5s GCD classes.

Second, isn't downtime exclusively a good thing? if you have 0% downtime, having to move off the boss for 3 seconds can completely destroy your DPS, while as Feral moving off the boss allows you to pool energy for 3 seconds and then spend it all after you return, minimizing the amount of damage your time off the boss causes you to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Feral has always had a large amount of free GCD's (downtime), that is a core design aspect of the spec, and the entire reason a lot of people enjoy the spec.

Now with being able to cast rejuv in catform you can fill some of that time to offheal while still maintaining DPS.
    That's right.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    then what the hell are you doing here? :B
    What? This isn't a sim website, the title said nothing about simulations either, get off your high horse! Go away! now! NOW!!! *Stamps feet*

10+ Year Old Account
    This is nothing new. Feral has always had incredibly high downtime. ATM, the high haste lvls found on gear, and reduced TF/Berserk CD gives feral a much higher uptime. I am not in the least bit concerned about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I'm one who enjoys having open gcds in combat, having to press a button every gcd feels bad. I hope they don't try to "fix" it too much.

Feral has always had a lot of downtime, especially early in expansions, so I don't know what you thought would happen. Lots of examples listed already in the thread to fill those holes and to make use of the natural downtime of the spec because of the energy mechanic.

One of the things that draws me to feral so frequently is the downtime. It isn't a spam something every second and minimize dowtime style spec, which if that is what you want you have a large selection of classes that offer it. It is a plan out your next move and combo point finisher style spec designed around the downtime and energy limits.

Does rejuv scale with agil/ap at all?

Feels like an incredibly cute solution to do a little raid healing as kitty, sorta spriest style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    Does rejuv scale with agil/ap at all?

Feels like an incredibly cute solution to do a little raid healing as kitty, sorta spriest style.
    Agi grants SP on a 1-1 ratio- essentially, you get the same amount of SP as you do AP.

With DoC, and Rejuve being so cheap, this gives ferals a very, VERY good amount of sustained raid healing, more then what any other dps can output. Heart of the Wild turns it into a huge amount of throughput for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Agi grants SP on a 1-1 ratio- essentially, you get the same amount of SP as you do AP.
    Oh that is really neat.

HoTW modifies spells cast in kitty too? I never really thought of that combination - just catching up on things as I get ready to start playing again, and contemplating what I will end up raiding with. I really like that as utility to bring to a raid.

You say its more than other dps - does that mean out performing shadow / fistweaving, or have they been toned down? (I am 10ish months out of date).

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    Oh that is really neat.

HoTW modifies spells cast in kitty too? I never really thought of that combination - just catching up on things as I get ready to start playing again, and contemplating what I will end up raiding with. I really like that as utility to bring to a raid.

You say its more than other dps - does that mean out performing shadow / fistweaving, or have they been toned down? (I am 10ish months out of date).
    Couldn't give you a direct comparison, as things are always changing on the beta. They've toned down the healing a bit since I was doing raids on the beta, but Feral off-heals w/o sacrificing DPS is strong. Strong enough that whatever simulated downtime is found, you can fill that with Rejuvs on your party/raid. Before it was toned down a bit, you could easily beat tank healing as Feral. There are enough encounters where the raid will be taking sustained damage or the burst targets will be predictable, allowing Feral off-heals to be very useful. Don't forget, all your heals are affected by Multistrike, too.

...it's just annoying now at 90 having to wait for the Feral perk to cast Rejuv in kitty form baseline.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville