Deleted

So is crit rating literally a wasted slot now?

crits are gonna be half as good as before in pvp, and that practically makes it a waste of a slot compared to the other powerful attributes.

versatility = 1% damage and -.5% damage taken, mathematically should be the best stat in brute force damage in/out. Someone with 80% versatility will mop the floor against someone with 100% crit or mastery or w/e.

Multistrike = literally just an unnerfed crit. 160% damage but far higher proc rate. toplel it's actually stronger than crit despite having 50-60% higher chance of occuring.

Haste = practically every caster's best friend.

versatility is not the best because the same amout of crit rating doesent = same amount of versatility %. 1% crit doesent = 1 % versatility in stats. Infact Versatility is currently last for any dps stats. Multistrike is the best for many specs, because many also have it as an attunment passive, exemple sub rogues, it gives them even more damage. Haste is weak for many specs. The only stats you got right is multistrike.

Versatility isn't considered good right now. However, it's the only stat that decreases dmg-taken, so it might one day be the best stat around for pvp, depending how dmg scales.

For certain specs, versatility is the second best stat damage wise. I can see it having great use in PvP for my survival hunter right now.

Deleted
    Crit is now blue slot right? So int/crit or haste/crit depending on what stat you prefer.

Also you don't speak for all specs. As an Ele shaman, multistrike > int > mastery > crit = haste > versatility.

My understanding of multistrike is that it does 2 different 30% damage rolls per attack, so actually getting a 60% damage increase is some nice RNG. With 20% multistrike you only have a 4% chance to actually get a 60% damage proc. The same % crit deals less damage on average mathematically but more often comes in bigger bursts of damage.

Crit is still useful depending on alot of things. Warriors still proc enrage from crits giving them 10% more dmg, boomkins still get a higher shooting stars proc on crits, resto shams get mana back on crits, fire mages need them for pyros, etc. I dont have beta but from my understanding versatility isn't a stat normally on gear? I thought it was an extra stat that pops up sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    versatility is not the best because the same amout of crit rating doesent = same amount of versatility %. 1% crit doesent = 1 % versatility in stats. Infact Versatility is currently last for any dps stats. Multistrike is the best for many specs, because many also have it as an attunment passive, exemple sub rogues, it gives them even more damage. Haste is weak for many specs. The only stats you got right is multistrike.
    yeah that's why I said 100% crit(even pre-nerf) is far weaker in a straight up dps/hps brawl than 80% versatility.

It's better to do 8% more damage and take 4% less than merely do 10% more.

>>I dont have beta but from my understanding versatility isn't a stat normally on gear? I thought it was an extra stat that pops up sometimes.

It's not on your basic gladiator set, however the alternate ones from rep can all have versatility, you have a vast selection.

Ash'ran gladiator gear of "cruelty" all have versatility for the 5-piece set. You can also get versatility on every other off-piece through the regular pvp vendor. I am 90% sure every single slot of gear(xept weps) can have versatility.

You can get 20+% or so worth of versatility if you gear for it.
    Last edited by mmocb9ae687706; 2014-10-19 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Crit is now blue slot right? So int/crit or haste/crit depending on what stat you prefer.

Also you don't speak for all specs. As an Ele shaman, multistrike > int > mastery > crit = haste > versatility.
    Pretty sure gem colors are gone, they should be if socket bonuses are. And multistrike works differently in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne