Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Egalitarian movement focused on women's issues" is apparently like a child tying to read organic chemistry formulas to some.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    No no you missed my point. Its not that they believe in the patriarchy and sexism etc. and are lying about it. Most girls I know want dinner bought for them, want a big strong dominant male, want to be a little girly girls and hooted at for their looks. Idk maybe its different in different parts of the world but im in New York and girls will be girls. The same old girls they always have been. Any time feminism has ever been mentioned at a social gathering the FIRST people who always start making noises of disgust are the girls. I ask any girl if shes feminist they immediately go OH NOO NO NO and get really defensive and laugh it off. I figured that most people just saw the whole thing as a joke by now.
    If a woman wants to be like that, then that's fine. But to apply that to all women is wrong and sexist. Doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Wouldn't that be the LGBT at this point?

Every combination of race and gender has areas they're struggling in. It's not a contest to see who needs the most help. Otherwise we would be targeting the rights of others in different places of the world instead of our own.

There isn't anything wrong with standing for feminism, but there is no reason that gives you the right to bash the MRA because you feel the right of women is lacking compared to their rights.
    What does LGBTQI have to do with it?

Anyway I'm not trying to make it a competition, it's just a logical allocation of resources. Men are less discriminated against. I say this as a guy. That doesn't mean that there isn't enough resources to help both, but men's issues simply require less resources imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You can be for equal rights, passively supporting it for all while actively focusing on one group's sset of issues.
    Nuance is lost on most people.

In practice, feminists put women first (especially because resources are limited and people are governed by self-interest). If feminists are actually supporting men's issues then let's see it. Because I don't. Let's see real solutions to real problems other than to stop being men.

You make it seem like feminism is misunderstood. It's quite clear what feminists want. They don't have a PR problem. We're just not buying what they are selling because they aren't selling anything to reasonable people.

You don't need to be a feminist to believe in equality.

Show us this new improved feminism that actually helps men especially by creating more opportunities for men. You won't see it. Ms Watson wants men to not be men while she dates Khaal Drogo.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It's not about favouring one gender over the other. It's about believing that one is "behind" the other in terms of equality.
    Like I said, no one is stopping women from pursuing the best jobs. Discrimination is illegal. No one is stopping women except themselves.

It's not our fault if the most qualified people in the best most skilled jobs are men. The differences are biological.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    ...means they're not for equality.
    No the fact that they aren't for equality is what drives it.
    Soroptimist (UK), in partnership with the Prison Reform Trust, will today (Thursday 25 April 2013)...
    Soroptimist International is an organisation that works to improve the lives of women and girls worldwide.

Goal?
    Reduce women's sentences in the UK and have them spend less time in prison.

and just to be clear, men spend a disproportionate amount of time in jail compared to women.
    So More INEQUALITY NOW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    Well fair enough I dont disagree with that at all. Just wondering why we should treat all people as if they are this new type of women when it seems the old normal kind of women is still way more common and theirfor much more likly to be what your dealing with when dealing with a women.
    Why would you want to generalise?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Like I said, no one is stopping women from pursuing the best jobs. Discrimination is illegal. No one is stopping women except themselves.

It's not our fault if the most qualified people in the best most skilled jobs are men. The differences are biological.
    The law isn't stopping women. Society still is.

ETA: Also I'd be interested to know about these biological differences that make men the leaders in the majority of professions, rather than societal pressures being the cause of this.

This thread was really not great from the first post, and the discussion has been even worse.

Closed.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions