Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Just waiting for a blue response on any forum to any of the threads people have made about this, after that it will be on MMO-champ frontpage and then people will really notice this and pitchforks will be raised.
    And do you really think they are going to answer?

Deleted
    A lot of threads on the matter on both eu/na-forums, a lot of tweets on the matter, maybe I am just stupid hoping that company actually would give some feedback to concerned customers. But yea, I am kinda waiting for them to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    A lot of threads on the matter on both eu/na-forums, a lot of tweets on the matter, maybe I am just stupid hoping that company actually would give some feedback to concerned customers. But yea, I am kinda waiting for them to answer.
    Classic tactic by Blizzard, ignore the problem and it will go away. What else do you expect? lol

Just tried leveling and alt who's 89 (he's still wearing level 85 gear) and goddamn, they're catering to the lowest common denominator, seriously my alt is by no means fast at killing things however after a couple packs the "anti-grinding mechanic" turns right on and i'll be getting 10% xp a mob, i can see this ruining leveling completely (no need to even aim for heirlooms now, since you'll easily hit the anti-grind).

[Edit] Even after 5 minutes of waiting the anti-grind is still active, looks like i'm not even able to grind out the last 19% to lvl 90.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding me?? How about to reduce botting they actually invest some time and resources into detecting them and banning players.
    Instead we get a tweak so that the entire player-base is punished, and as a player that spends 90% of his time running old raids and dungeons I really really hope we get a blue response.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Holy damn and this expansion looked so awesome for me. And now this shit just makes me want to quit all together.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    lol @ fanboys defending this... you really think a botter cares? The bot will just do the same shit longer at no cost. Meanwhile you get to grind manually longer.
    It's OBVIOUSLY not aimed at bots, for precisely the reason you just gave.

I don't think this change will stay in its current form though.

I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for the time when the millions of players who don't use forums/news sites suddenly realize they can't fly at 100.

That change is going to be reverted faster than... well, something that is fast as shit.

All these boneheaded and short-sighted design decisions are going to result in epic lulz.

EDIT: typo
    Last edited by Coldhearth; 2014-10-24 at 09:19 AM.

Pretty big typo, you somehow posted a completely off-topic comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Pretty big typo, you somehow posted a completely off-topic comment.
    Not really.

"All these boneheaded and short-sighted design decisions are going to result in epic lulz."

Anything else, sweetheart?

Deleted
    Blizzard might answer to this, but honestly, they have a specific BETA OFFICIAL FORUM were the BLIZZARD GM'S have not answerd anything or replayd to anything. Blizzard have got so many new workers for this game, but they have no one that could actually talk to the community? Blizzard are turning out to be one of the many money hungry companies who lost its connection to the players. This will lead to player losses i can assure you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xartim View Post
    Blizzard might answer to this, but honestly, they have a specific BETA OFFICIAL FORUM were the BLIZZARD GM'S have not answerd anything or replayd to anything. Blizzard have got so many new workers for this game, but they have no one that could actually talk to the community? Blizzard are turning out to be one of the many money hungry companies who lost its connection to the players. This will lead to player losses i can assure you that.
    There are 2 reasons they could possibly not answer to all this outrage:

- This is intended and they use "I can't hear you nananananana" tactic.
    - This is a bug and they try to locate it before they give out more info (or a potential fixing ETA).

I really, REALLY hope this is the latter we're dealing with here.

Totally pointless practice if this was really intentional, this won't stop botting, you cannot stop botting - period. Don't be idiots and punish people who enjoy grinding OR people with purchase RAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Persistence and luck, nothing else. That's not earning them. I ran Stonecore over a thousand times to finally get my drake from there. How is repeating something trivial over and over again "earned"?
    I believe repeating something trivial still requires effort. WoW doesnt only reward you for your 'skill' level, it also certainly rewards you for time spend ingame. And hey, this is true for 90% of things in life. During my daily life I (luckily) dont get challenged every hour of every day, and luckily I still get rewarded for doing things that feel trivial to me (that doesnt mean they dont require a certain skill, but after doing something for years experience makes it feel rather trivial), because guess what, time is money friend. A healthy mix between challenging stuff and grindy stuff is fine in an MMORPG. An MMORPG without time investment requirements would just be some premade tournament realm where people pvp or kill hard bosses, which would take allot of dept out of the game if you ask me. WoW is much more then only doing hard, challenging stuff.

Persistance and time investment are one of the key things in being succesfull, skill is another but certainly not more important aspect. This is true both in WoW and in anything in life.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    I believe repeating something trivial still requires effort. WoW doesnt only reward you for your 'skill' level, it also certainly rewards you for time spend ingame.
    Absolutely.

Your levels are like that - you get them from doing easy and fairly repetitive stuff (killing mobs and carrying stuff between NPCs is pretty much the same everywhere). Your gear is like that - you get it only if you do raids for weeks. Professions are like that. 90% of achievements are like that. 99% of collections (mounts / pets / toys / recipes / whatever) are like that.

WoW is *made* of easy repetitive stuff. Remove it, and there is almost nothing left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    There are 2 reasons they could possibly not answer to all this outrage:

- This is intended and they use "I can't hear you nananananana" tactic.
    - This is a bug and they try to locate it before they give out more info (or a potential fixing ETA).

I really, REALLY hope this is the latter we're dealing with here.
    I think it's intended, but maybe if the backlash is big enough they will reconsider. It just doesn't look like a bug. It's hard to imagine a bug which would be that intelligent.

Deleted
    If this is true, I'm just going to say "I TOLD YOU SO!". When they implemented that char boost and the profession thing, I said that they might even make leveling harder just to make people buy it. People said "nooo, Blizzard would never do that, they are good and kind and care about us". Weeeellllll..... time to wake up, they're just a company milking you for money, and as long as people pay, they will ask for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    If this is true, I'm just going to say "I TOLD YOU SO!". When they implemented that char boost and the profession thing, I said that they might even make leveling harder just to make people buy it. People said "nooo, Blizzard would never do that, they are good and kind and care about us". Weeeellllll..... time to wake up, they're just a company milking you for money, and as long as people pay, they will ask for more.
    Normally I'd tell you you're overreacting and to put away your tinfoil hat. But this time it just looks TOO convenient for Blizzard. I hope they come to their senses and realize they'll lose more than they'll gain with this shit. Doing such thing right before an expansion might hurt their sales really bad.

Guess they want to force us to use the garrisson to get materials not go out and grind mobs.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Guess they want to force us to use the garrisson to get materials not go out and grind mobs.
    I would imagine this has a little something to do with it, at least in the cloth department.

By the way, *if* loot reduction is true, then it hits not only farming materials but also:

* farming mini-pets like Zul'drak Hatchling,
    * farming rare recipes like the former Crusader enchant,
    * farming currency-like items like bones on the Isle of Giants,

etc.

On one hand, I think even Blizzard can't be that stupid as to break the things above. I mean, am I now supposed to only get mini-pets from the AH or if I am exceptionally lucky with drops from about fifty relevant mobs that I kill "normally" in the Blizzard-approved way during questing? Why the heck can't I farm them? The drop chance is already miniscule. WTF????

On the other hand, it's Blizzard. Perhaps they can be that stupid.

Waiting for the blue.