Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Do you know your IQ, and if so, what is it?

Before I answer and say mine, the reason I am bringing this up as some woman I know made a comment about "stupid men, playing stupid video games." She was referring to her husband, I think. He and I used to work together, and he is far from stupid. His IQ is 139. ( I know, because he and I volunteered to take an IQ test at work as part of some study ).

I also realize that having a higher or lower IQ than the norm does not really make you smart or dumb, in and of itself; it is just like a base to start from.

95% of the world's population falls in between 70 and 130 on the IQ scale.

I tested at 136.

Even though WoW has its fair share of idiots, I think most players would test towards the higher side of 70 - 130. They just like acting the fool behind the anonymity of the internet.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarcraftStroies/

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I took a test in high school which was part of my society course, and I got 136 as well!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Now, I know everyone is going to be completely honest when answering this. Right?
    Well, most likely not, but let's hope for the best.

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zomgerd, your a genius! You should be a new leader of the world!

Quote from Stephen Hawking:

"What is your I.Q.?

I have no idea. People who boast about their I.Q. are losers."

I mean who cares about IQ? Does it mean ANYTHING?
    You're a towel.

I never took an IQ test.

I got a decent SAT score for what it's worth I guess though. But what Winter said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Over 9000.

someone had to do it.

Really dont know mine, but I've been interested in finding out.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

I tested at 149, but I don't think it matters much.

7+ Year Old Account
    My IQ is 420.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Now, I know everyone is going to be completely honest when answering this. Right?
    Of course. Mine is over 9000. Yours?

No, I don't know my IQ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iskalla74 View Post
    Over 9000.

someone had to do it.

Really dont know mine, but I've been interested in finding out.
    Damn, beat me to it.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

I guess I don't get that over 9000 reference.

Deleted
    I never actually took one, i took tests as part of my education when i was a young teenager.

Those put me as four to five years older within certain subjects; But never an IQ test, i wouldn't mind taking one but it seems rather pointless to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll never take me alive you Mensa bastards!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

IQ is a poor indication of intelligence once you get about 100 or so. Below that yea your critical thinking skills wont be so good but above that you really cant say much. Some of the smartest people to ever live didn't have anywhere near the highest IQs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    I guess I don't get that over 9000 reference.
    Kids on 4chan or whereever memes come from started the whole thing. In the DBZ anime the bad guy "Vegeta" was scaning the power level of the good guy "goku" and was shocked at the power level. I'd honestly rather see people do the doge coin meme than the over 9000 one.

560. Who would lie on the internet?

You might find it interesting to google: success, IQ vs EQ.

They tested us in primary school but wouldn't disclose the results to the kids or parents because obviously that would lead to bullying. So I don't know, though I did get put in academic extension classes later on.

I think I tried an online one many years ago and got a fairly unremarkable score like 120 or something? But those aren't generally true IQ tests so shrug.

IQ is a measure of how well you take IQ tests in any case. I've thought about it for quite a while and ultimately I've decided that intelligence itself is poorly defined and probably not real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    My IQ is 420.
    Are you from Colorado or Washington by chance? They have the smartest individuals I've ever met.

I heard from my mum that I tested a 125-130 but I really didn't care much. To be honest anyone can improve their IQ, my brother scored under 100... Guess who's nailing the physics major he decided to take, he is. He worked so hard that he just was given intelligence because of it, he was explaining to me the other day about why shadows occur and how it's because photons which are smaller than atoms are the entire reason light exists from the sun and that when there is a wall or whatever it's blocking some photons from going through. Needless to say I asked him when he learned that and he just said he never did, he just thought about it.

He's told me many other things but that was the most basic and easiest one to use as an example, the guy has become so intelligent he just thinks without thinking if you know what I mean. Much like a pro soccer player being in the "zone" because they've trained themselves over and over to just do it.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2014-10-20 at 11:42 PM.
    Hey everyone

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I know a gentleman who is in the MENSA Society, he jokingly told me if anyone asked me to ask them their credit score because the two were often related.
    On topic no idea, I've always tested well, while also testing out smarter then I really felt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did an online one a few months back and got 76.

I'm not the sharpest Pope in the forest.